Having your insurance claim rejected can be a huge setback, especially if you are recovering from injuries. So what can you do if your pedestrian accident claim is denied by Direct Auto Insurance?
The first thing to do is contact Direct Auto Insurance and find out why they denied your claim. Afterward, reaching out to a personal injury lawyer and scheduling a free consultation to discuss your legal options can be beneficial.
Why Do Insurance Companies Deny Pedestrian Accident Claims in Louisiana?
There are many reasons why an insurance company may deny a claim. While some cases are relatively easy to resolve by submitting more evidence, others are more complex, especially if the insurance company mismanaged your claim or did not treat you fairly. You may feel discouraged and angry if Direct Auto Insurance denies your claim, but don’t give up hope.
Insurance companies must handle your case fairly and in line with good faith practice. However, insurance documents can be difficult to understand, so knowing your rights is not always easy when an insurer says “no.” To get a clearer picture, let us first look at a few reasons why Direct Auto Insurance may have denied your claim:
- The other party is refusing or disputing fault for the accident.
- You submitted your claim outside of the policy period.
- A policy exclusion applies.
- You breached a condition of the policy.
- The insurance company engaged in bad faith insurance practices, such as unreasonably denying a legitimate claim, failing to conduct proper investigations, or otherwise mishandling a claim.
Regardless of the reason, an insurer must explain why they denied a claim. A personal injury lawyer can help you cut through all the legal jargon and explain in plain terms whether you have a case.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
What to Do If Direct Auto Insurance Wrongly Denied Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
Our pedestrian accident attorneys can help you dispute the insurance company’s decision to deny your claim by:
- Seeking information about why your claim was denied
- Examining the facts of your case to check whether the decision was fair
- Gathering the required evidence to support your claim and preparing your case
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
If we cannot settle your case with an insurance claim or the insurer has acted in bad faith, you may need to file a lawsuit to recover damages. Remember that there is limited time to pursue your case in line with the Louisiana state legislature, which allows injured parties just one year to file their case, per CC Art. 3492.
How Do I Know If I Have A Pedestrian Accident Case?
If you were injured in an accident by a driver under any of the circumstances listed below, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and other related losses:
- Reckless driving, such as speeding
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Failure to obey traffic laws, such as not stopping for traffic lights or stop signs or breaching traffic restrictions and rules for school buses and school zones
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our pedestrian accident lawyers will review the facts of your case to determine the other driver’s liability for your injuries and build a case to demonstrate negligence.
What Types of Compensation Could I Recover?
We support our clients by examining every aspect of their case to determine which types of compensation they may recover, which can include:
- Lost wages for time taken from work during your recovery
- Financial damages if your injuries affect your employment in the future
- Medical bills, treatment costs, and rehabilitation expenses
- Compensation for the physical and emotional impact of your injuries
- Lost or damaged property
It can be challenging to assess the financial extent of your injuries, so if you do not know the value of your case, how can you be sure a settlement offer is fair? We can take the worry out of that, giving you peace of mind that you are being appropriately compensated for the ordeal you have been through.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
When Should I Contact A Pedestrian Accident Injury Lawyer?
Support from a lawyer can be especially beneficial in the following circumstances, as these types of cases can be more complex from a legal standpoint:
- You sustained serious injuries.
- You feel your claim was wrongfully denied.
- The other party is refusing or disputing liability for the accident.
- You think an insurer has treated you unfairly.
My Claim Was Wrongly Denied, But Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Is On My Side
With more than 250 years of combined legal experience, the lawyers at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers have recovered over $600 million for satisfied clients through settlements and trial verdicts. We want to help you, too.
You can rely on us to prepare your case and fight for the compensation you deserve. First, we’ll make learning about your legal options easy by offering a free case review, where you can find out if you have a case and how to proceed. After that, we work on a no-win, no-fee basis, which means you do not pay us unless we recover for you. Contact us today to get started.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form