Allstate provides insurance for various kinds of accidents. If Allstate denies your pedestrian accident claim, you can challenge the denial. However, in some cases, it may have rejected your claim for legitimate reasons.
One way to know for sure is to seek counsel from an injury attorney who knows how insurance claims work. If you choose to hire a legal professional, it can help you navigate the pedestrian accident claim process and understand how to best deal with Allstate.
The Severity of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can cause significant injuries, particularly when the accident involves a collision between a motor vehicle and a pedestrian. The injuries include:
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
Pedestrians can even suffer permanent disability after a motor vehicle hits them. Getting the medical treatment that you need is necessary after an accident occurs. However, treatment costs, such as emergency room care, hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, and other related losses, can be high. You may be eligible for compensation after experiencing a pedestrian accident that can help you pay these expenses.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Whose Insurance Pays for a Pedestrian Accident?
In Louisiana, the person or entity responsible for the accident determines who pays. For example, let’s say that as a pedestrian, you were hit by an at-fault driver. In this instance, the driver’s auto insurance may cover your injuries.
Likewise, suppose you are the driver, and your careless actions harmed a pedestrian. In that case, your auto insurance may cover the costs of the pedestrians’ injuries. If you aren’t sure about insurance requirements and payments, it can help to talk with an injury attorney about your case.
Allstate provides insurance for many kinds of accidents and incidents, so you may be working with Allstate after a pedestrian accident.
Reasons Your Pedestrian Accident Claim May Be Denied
Allstate and other insurance companies can deny pedestrian accident claims for various reasons. For example, if it denied your claim, it could be because:
- You did not file your claim within the proper time frame: There are specific deadlines for when you can file a claim. If you miss the window, an insurer can deny your claim.
- Your insurance policy does not cover the accident. Your policy might not cover the type of accident you were in. It is important to review policies appropriately to understand what is and isn’t covered.
- The accident did not cause your injuries or damages: While you may claim the accident caused your injuries, an insurance company may say something else caused your injuries and offer evidence to support its position.
Steps to Take Allstate Denies Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
Dealing with a pedestrian accident claim denial can feel overwhelming, particularly if you have extensive injuries from the accident. If Allstate denies your claim, you can take several steps moving forward, including the following:
- Clarify the reason for the denial: Allstate should give a clear reason for why your pedestrian accident claim was denied. If it doesn’t, your first step is to clarify anything you don’t understand about the claim denial and its reasons.
- Contest the denial: If you disagree with the reasons for the denial, you can contest the denial and present the evidence supporting your claim. To do this, you may want to get outside legal help.
- Consult with an injury attorney: An attorney can help you negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement that covers your costs.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Pedestrian Accident Attorney Can Help With Accident Claim Denial
After a pedestrian accident denial, an attorney can help you challenge an insurer’s denial and determine how to respond to its objections. The attorney can also review why your claim was denied and clarify what you don’t understand.
While it might seem easier to get through your denial on your own, attorneys handle these claims regularly. This means they understand the laws that govern this process and know how to protect your rights and look out for your best interests.
They can make the process less complicated and confusing for you, which can be helpful when recovering from an accident. An attorney handling your case means you can focus on healing from your injuries while knowing someone is taking care of legal matters for you.
Talk With Us Today if Your Pedestrian Accident Claim Is Denied
Our legal team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to help you with your pedestrian accident case. We offer our prospective clients a free consultation. This consultation gives us a chance to review the facts of your pedestrian accident case and help you understand how we can help your potential case.
You don’t have to go through this alone. We are ready to help you seek financial recovery that can put your life back on track. Contact us today to get started.