A parking lot accident may not seem like a big deal initially, but you could be left with costly vehicle damage, minor or serious injuries, and more. These accidents aren’t simple to handle, either. Filing claims, managing appeals, and working with insurance companies can be challenging.
But you can save yourself and your family some stress and time. A Jennings parking lot accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can protect your right to compensation and help you maximize your claim. Our car accident lawyers are here for you.
We Can Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve in Jefferson Davis Parish
While parking lot accidents are often less serious than those on the road, you can still be left with hundreds or thousands of dollars in vehicle damage. Even minor injuries from a parking lot accident can result in costly medical bills now and in the future. And if you must take time off from work to recover, you may lose income that makes it harder to pay those medical bills and your other expenses.
Parking lot accidents can also leave you with temporary or long-term physical pain. You may even suffer from stress and anxiety after your accident, too.
The team Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you recover compensation for these and other damages after a parking lot accident. We will review your accident, identify what damages you’ve suffered, and add up all these costs to determine how much compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accident lawyer serving Jennings, call (337) 777-7777
Why Trust Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers with Your Parking Lot Accident Claim?
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers knows Louisiana’s personal injury law inside and out. We have more than 250 years of combined legal experience in investigating negligence, managing insurance claims, negotiating fair settlements, and protecting clients’ rights to recover compensation in court. And we have recovered more than $600 million for our clients through settlements and court verdicts.
We believe that everyone deserves high-quality, dedicated legal counsel after an accident. That’s why we offer free consultations. You can learn how much your claim is worth and avoid accepting a low settlement. We also take cases on a contingency-fee basis, so you can get your entire case handled at no upfront cost and only pay when we recover compensation on your behalf.
Jennings Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Our Jennings Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Can Help You
You can spend more time healing and being with your loved ones while one of our parking lot accident lawyers in Jennings, LA handles the following tasks and more:
- Collecting evidence and investigating the cause of your accident
- Identifying all parties responsible for the accident and potential sources of compensation
- Calculating all your economic and non-economic damages
- Filing insurance claims and handling all communications with the insurance companies
- Negotiating a just settlement
- Filing a lawsuit to maximize your claim if negotiations fail
- Defending you in court
Insurance companies — even your own — may try to undermine your claim. They don’t make money from paying out claims, so they may offer you a settlement that’s much less than what you deserve. You can get the support and advice of a parking lot accident lawyer to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
We Handle All Types of Parking Lot Accidents
Here are some of the most common causes of parking lot accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to look for vehicles or pedestrians when backing out
- Failing to yield the right of way when leaving or entering an aisle
- Failing to obey stop or yield signs
- Improper parking techniques
- Driving down the wrong lane
Hit-and-Run Accidents in a Parking Lot
Hit-and-run parking lot accidents can happen in a few ways:
- Another driver hits or damages your vehicle while it’s parked and you’re not there, which is common.
- Another driver hits or damages your vehicle while it’s parked, and someone is inside.
- Another driver hits your vehicle while you’re both driving around the lot.
- A driver hits you, a pedestrian or bicyclist, while driving in the parking lot.
In Louisiana, you’re required to stop, call emergency services as necessary, and file an accident report. Many people don’t realize you must do this even in a parking lot accident and may leave the scene without doing so. Or, drivers may leave the scene to avoid taking responsibility, especially if they’re in the wrong.
If you’ve experienced one of these hit-and-run accidents in a Jennings parking lot, we can help you collect the evidence you need to file a claim with your insurance company. This evidence may include video footage of the accident occurring, witness testimony, medical bills, and more. If the responsible party left a note with their contact and insurance information, we can reach out on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Parties We May Hold Accountable in Your Jennings Parking Lot Accident Case
Depending on the cause of your parking lot accident, we may be able to pursue claims against these parties:
- Another motorist
- A property owner
- A business owner or employee
Since Louisiana is on a fault-based system, you must prove another party caused your accident. We will review the evidence, including footage and witness testimony, and investigate the cause of your parking lot accident. From there, we can determine which parties are at fault and all your possible sources of compensation, which typically include the at-fault parties’ auto insurance policies.
What Should I Do After a Parking Lot Accident?
If you were in a parking lot accident around Jennings, take these steps if you haven’t already:
- Check that everyone is okay: If you or anyone else has visible signs of injury, you should call 911 to get emergency medical services there immediately.
- Seek medical attention ASAP: Whether or not you have visible injuries, you should also see a doctor as soon as possible to identify any injuries, link them to your accident, and start a treatment plan.
- Take photos or video of the damage: Document the damage to your vehicle, all other involved vehicles, and surrounding property.
- Provide your contact information and insurance information: Take a photo or write notes on each party’s I.D., license plate, car information, and insurance information (the company, the agent, the number to call for claims, etc.).
- File an accident report: Provide your information to the police to help them make a report. If the police weren’t called, you should file an accident report within 48 hours.
- Contact your insurance company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible to get the claims process started.
- Find a parking lot accident attorney in Jennings: You can call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at any time during this process. We can ensure you preserve important evidence, follow Louisiana’s laws for reporting an accident, and file a thorough insurance claim.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Is Ready to Take on Your Parking Lot Accident Claim Today
Per CC Art. 3492, you generally have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit for a parking lot accident. While there are some situations where you may have more time, it’s best to reach out to a lawyer immediately. That way, you can explore all your legal options for recovering compensation.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.