If you or your loved one was the victim of a truck accident, you could recover compensation for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. These collisions can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating—you have the right to seek justice and financial recovery for them.
You don’t have to stand up to a truck driver, trucking company, or another party alone. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers could assign a Jennings truck accident lawyer to your case after a complimentary consultation with our team.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help with Your Case in Jennings?
You should not have to face the consequences of a truck accident or the impending civil claim on your own. These cases take time, effort, and money that you may not be able to give right now, which is where Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help.
Our lawyers are here to support your fight for compensation in the aftermath of a Jennings truck collision. We can:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation into the accident to collect supporting evidence
- Identify and build claims against all potentially liable parties
- Communicate and negotiate with insurance companies
- Watch out for deadlines, including Louisiana’s statute of limitations
- File the appropriate documentation
When an insurance company unfairly reduces, delays, or denies a claim, we help our clients fight for just compensation. Most often, clients recover damages through an insurance claim and settlement. However, if we cannot secure an insurance settlement, our team is ready to go to trial.
If possible, we encourage you to preserve any documentation you have of the event and keep a daily journal of any difficulties or challenges you experience due to your injuries. Our truck accident team will take care of the rest.
What to Expect From Our Truck Accident Team
Our firm takes a client-centric approach to each aspect of our services, including fee structure. Under our contingency fee agreement, you pay nothing unless we deliver compensation at the end of the case. After suffering injuries in a truck accident, you deserve legal representation without fear of additional financial consequences.
The reviews that have given us a 5-star average rating on Google show our continued dedication to our clients:
- “I have nothing bad to say about Laborde Earles, they have done an excellent job with my case and I would hire them immediately in the future should the occasion arise…” — Alfred Leeper
- “I am so happy that I chose LabordeEarles as my attorneys. Mr. Earles is always available when I call. He keeps me updated on all the details of my case. His staff calls me frequently to check on me and to see if I need anything. I can honestly say he’s more like a friend than my attorney. Whenever I call on short notice and have a need, he makes sure that I have whatever I’ve requested.” – Michelle Graham
You can learn more about our comprehensive, client-friendly legal services during a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Jennings, call (337) 777-7777
Liability in Truck Accident Cases
Regardless of the company they work for, all truck drivers are responsible for operating their trucks according to federal and state regulations. In addition, trucking companies are responsible for hiring drivers with the proper training and credentials to operate these vehicles—or providing that training to them. When they don’t, the consequences can be fatal.
Both the truck driver and trucking company could be liable when a collision occurs if they failed to meet these standards. Other parties that may have contributed to the truck accident include:
- Employees/companies in charge of loading and securing the truck’s cargo
- Maintenance teams
- Vehicle or parts manufacturers
- Road maintenance teams
- Other drivers
As your legal team, we will take the time to identify each liable party and collect any evidence the trucking company has to support your damage claim.
Potential Factors in a Truck Crash
Many factors could contribute to a truck collision in Jennings, including:
- Impairment due to drugs, alcohol, or a health condition
- Fatigue from long hours of driving
- Speeding or skipping breaks in an effort to stay on schedule
- Equipment failure
- Improperly loaded cargo
Unsecured cargo, in particular, can lead to hazardous conditions, creating obstacles on the road for many other drivers. A truck accident lawyer on our team can help determine what caused the collision using the evidence available and build a solid case based on our findings.
Jennings Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Potential Personal Injury Claims From Truck Accidents
You may be entitled to civil damages after a truck accident. In Louisiana, potentially recoverable damages include:
- Medical treatment for accident-related injuries, from emergency treatment to ongoing physical therapy and pain maintenance
- Lost income and benefits, for time now and in the future that you can’t work due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering, for emotional and physical injuries sustained that affect your quality of life
- Vehicle damage, if you need to repair or replace your car
Identifying and calculating the value for each damage takes time. Our team will base some calculations on your receipts and invoices, while others will require additional steps. We aim to leave nothing unaccounted for so there are no surprise out-of-pocket expenses for you in the future.
If You Suffered the Loss of a Loved One in a Truck Accident
Truck accidents are often fatal. Our accident lawyers can prepare a wrongful death claim if your loved one suffered a fatal truck collision on I-10 or another road running through Jennings, LA.
State law allows certain family members to file this type of claim and recover damages for the loss of a loved one. In addition to many of the damages available in personal injury cases, families could recover:
- The cost of funeral and burial or cremation services
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of household services and financial support
Our firm can help you pursue compensation that allows you to support your family.
Click to contact our Jennings Personal Injury Lawyers today
Reach Out for a Free Review of Your Jennings Truck Accident Case
Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers strives for a fair outcome in every case we handle. As we work, we stay in regular contact so that you are always aware of the status of your case.
If you or your loved one was injured in a truck accident, don’t wait to hire legal help. CC Art. 3492 and CC Art. 2315.2 outline one-year filing deadlines in these types of cases. Contact our team today for a risk-free consultation so we can make the most of the time available.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form