Companies are supposed to make and sell products that are safe for consumers to use. If some products aren’t safe for certain ages or special conditions, these products should clearly advertise that. But when companies fail to make sure their products are safe, people can suffer tragic injuries or be left with expensive property damage.
That’s why Louisiana has product liability laws that allow people who have been harmed by negligent companies and their defective products to seek justice. A Jennings product liability lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you file a lawsuit and recover compensation.
Why Choose Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers?
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we have over 100 years of combined legal experience in personal injury law—including product liability cases. We’re dedicated to helping victims and their families navigate the complex legal claims process and maximize their compensation.
Our product liability lawyer serving Jennings, Louisiana, can handle these tasks and more:
- Gathering evidence of your injury
- Investigating how the product caused damage
- Determining all negligent parties
- Calculating the full value of your damages
- Filing claims with each liable party
- Handling all communications with their legal teams
- Negotiating a settlement
- Representing you in court
Hiring a lawyer may be one of the most important decisions you make in your product liability case. We can take the pressure off you and your family to manage your case so you can focus on healing.
We truly want to help our clients get the best possible settlement, so we take many of our cases on a contingency-fee basis. That means we don’t charge any upfront fees or costs until we recover compensation on your behalf. We also offer free consultations, so you can learn the value of your product liability case and get advice on your next steps to recovering much-needed compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Jennings, call (337) 777-7777
How Do I Know If I Have a Product Liability Case?
In general, if you suffer any type of injury or damage from using a product, you likely have a product liability claim and are eligible to recover compensation from the company that made the product or another liable party. These injuries and damage can include:
- Physical injury, like fractures, burns, traumatic brain injuries, internal tissue damage, and more
- Psychological damage from experiencing a life-threatening accident
- Illnesses and diseases, including cancer, respiratory conditions, rashes, food poisoning, and more
- Worsened pre-existing conditions
- Wrongful death during a defective product accident or from complications due to injuries or illness
- Property damage to your home, vehicle, personal belongings, and more
While any consumer product can be defective and cause injuries or damage, some products are more often found to be unreasonably dangerous. These include:
- Medications, including over-the-counter and prescription drugs
- Medical devices, both surgically implanted and external devices
- Auto parts, like tires, steering systems, brakes, and airbags
- Household items, like appliances, cleaning supplies, and pest control products
- Tools and machinery, including those used at home, on construction sites, on farms, boats, and rigs, and in manufacturing plants
Even if your injury or damage was caused by another product not listed above, you may still have a valid product liability claim. One of our product liability attorneys serving the Jennings area can review your case and help you explore your options for seeking justice.
Jennings Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Get Compensation for Your Product Liability Injury
A product liability lawsuit holds companies accountable for making defective products and causing harm. They can face penalties, like a damaged reputation or fines from industry regulators. But most importantly, these lawsuits help victims and their families recover much-needed compensation to cover a variety of damages.
Some damages we can help you recover compensation for include:
- Medical expenses, both current and future
- Lost income, such as wages, tips, salary, benefits, and bonuses
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage costs to repair or replace things
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of quality of life due to disability, scarring, disfigurement, or mobility issues
- Wrongful death losses, such as funeral and burial expenses, reduced household income, and loss of companionship
How Much Is My Product Liability Case Worth?
Settlements for product liability cases can vary widely. That’s because there are so many different factors that can impact how much your case may be worth.
It’s straightforward to calculate the cost of economic damages like medical expenses, lost income, and property damage. But we also have to consider the following factors to determine the value of your noneconomic damages, like physical pain and diminished quality of life:
- The type and severity of your defective product injuries
- The number of liable parties
- Your age at the time of the incident
- Your prognosis for recovering from the injury or illness
- Whether you’ll need long-term or future treatments
A Jennings product liability lawyer can review these and other factors to calculate the full scope of your damages. That way these companies can’t undermine your claim by giving you much less than what your case is really worth.
Possible Liable Parties in Your Product Liability Case
Depending on the circumstances of your injury, we may be able to hold the following parties accountable for your defective product injury:
- The company that designed or developed the defective product
- The manufacturer that created the faulty product or messed up the construction of the product
- The company that stored and transported the product incorrectly
- The retailer that sold you the defective product
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Four Theories of Product Liability Claims
In Louisiana, R.S. § 9:2800.54 outlines the four theories of liability that a victim can use in their product liability claim:
- Design defect, meaning the flaw exists in the design or development of the product
- Manufacturing defect, which refers to a flaw or hazard from the manufacturer not following design specifications for construction, materials, packaging, and quality assurance
- Marketing defect, meaning the produce lacked adequate instructions, safety warnings, ingredients, and other vital information that a consumer needs to know
- Breach of express warranty, which is when a product does not provide the result or outcome that the company claims, and this either caused injury or the company refuses to abide by the terms of the warranty
One of our product liability lawyers can assess your case and determine which theory or theories are the basis of your claim.
Louisiana’s Statute of Limitations in Product Liability Lawsuits
According to C.C. Art. 3492, you generally have one year from the date of your injury or the date you discover your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. This statute of limitations also applies in product liability cases. However, there are some exceptions, especially for minors who suffer product liability injuries.
A product liability attorney from our firm can help you understand how the statute of limitations applies in your case.
Start Your Product Liability Claim Today
If you or your loved one have suffered an injury due to a malfunctioning or defective product, the attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers are here for you. Contact our office today for your free consultation. We can help you hold negligent companies accountable and recover compensation you deserve.