Uber and Lyft, well-known rideshare companies, are becoming an increasingly popular means of transportation in Louisiana. As a result, the risk of rideshare collisions is also growing in the state. While these accident cases are often complex due to the many parties and insurance policies involved, you could recover compensation for your injuries.
A Jennings Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer can navigate the various liability policies for you and fight for a settlement that addresses your damages. When you hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we will be your legal advocates throughout the claims process. You’ll receive a free case review when you call.
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Uber or Lyft Accident Case in Jennings
The car accident attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers represent rideshare accident victims across Jefferson Davis Parish, which can include:
- Rideshare customers
- Other drivers
- Pedestrians and bicyclists
When you choose our firm, we strive to provide the ideal attorney-client relationship by handling all case matters with compassion and transparency. Our services include:
- Collecting evidence of fault and liability
- Interviewing medical experts and eyewitnesses
- Obtaining copies of medical records, financial documents, and the police report
- Identifying your damages and estimating how much compensation to seek
- Speaking with insurance adjusters, liable parties, legal representatives, and others on your behalf
- Navigating insurance policies and Louisiana personal injury laws
- Determining the best time to file a lawsuit based on your case’s deadline
We never want you to wonder about the status of your claim or what to do next—our team will guide you the whole way.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accident lawyer serving Jennings, call (337) 777-7777
Navigating Rideshare Insurance Policies After a Collision
Rideshare accidents involve a unique set of insurance policies. Depending on the circumstances of the collision, you could seek damages under:
- The driver’s personal liability coverage
- One of the rideshare company’s corporate liability policies
- Another driver’s coverage
As transportation network companies (TNCs), Uber and Lyft must provide auto coverage to drivers when operating on behalf of the company. However, since rideshare drivers are independent contractors, corporate liability policies don’t always apply when collisions happen. Our legal team will use the evidence available to determine which policy was active at the time.
When Uber and Lyft insurance policies provide coverage
Generally, the TNC’s insurance should cover damages when the rideshare driver was at-fault and:
- Logged into the rideshare app, seeking a rider
- On their way to pick up a rider after accepting a ride request
- Transporting a rider to their destination
Whether you are a driver, passenger, or pedestrian injured in a rideshare accident, our team wants to fight for your financial recovery in Jennings, LA. We can navigate the tricky rules that apply in these cases.
Jennings Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Types of Compensation You Could Recover in Louisiana
You could recover compensation for your injuries, expenses, and losses from the collision. Medical expenses are a major source of recoverable damages in many cases. They may include:
- Ambulance transportation
- Ongoing care costs, such as prescription medication and physical therapy
Meanwhile, financial losses include lost wages and diminished earning capacity, as well as the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property. Other recoverable damages include:
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Emotional suffering
Our attorneys know how to identify and calculate these damages, and we will apply this knowledge to your case.
I was Involved in an Uber or Lyft Collision. What Steps Should I Take?
Following these steps after a rideshare collision can put you in an ideal legal position:
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries as soon as possible. Above all else, your primary concern should be treating your injuries. Even if your injuries do not require an emergency room visit, going to a doctor lets you get the treatment you need and also creates an official record of your injuries.
- File a collision report. If law enforcement comes to the scene, an officer will likely fill out a report detailing the accident. If not, you can file the report at your local police station. This document is critical for guiding our investigation and could offer additional support for your case.
- Save as much evidence related to the accident as you can. Relevant documents and information can help prove your claim has merit. Examples include your medical records and bills, estimates for vehicle repairs, and photographs of your injuries.
- Consider hiring a rideshare accident lawyer. You should not have to juggle injuries, financial worries, and a legal case. Our lawyers can take care of the claims process for you at no upfront cost.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Jennings Car Accident Victims Trust Our Firm to Represent Them
We serve clients throughout Louisiana, including residents of Jennings and Jefferson Davis Parish. Hear how our firm has maintained a 5-star rating on Google over the years:
- “My personal experience was with Mallory. She is kind and very caring while maintaining her professionalism. She takes care of whatever need I’ve called about and makes careful notes if she needed to give them to her superior. I give Laborde Earles 5 stars because they are working diligently to win my case.” — LeAnn Hardwick
- “They treated me like family from the moment I walked in and has taken the stress of a life changing situation for me and my family and made me feel like they are truly on my my side.” — James Hutto
- “I have had nothing but excellent service with this firm, they keep me updated on my case, are easy to get ahold of and my paralegal Mallory Marsh goes above and beyond for myself and my mother…” — Kori Peeters
A Free Consultation with Our Firm Awaits
Liability coverage can be tricky to handle, even without the complicating factors rideshare companies introduce. So, whether you were driving your car or sitting in the back of an Uber or Lyft, let our accident attorneys at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers represent you. We will help you navigate the legal twists and turns and steer you toward financial recovery.
Call (337) 777-7777 to receive your complimentary case review.