After a bicycle accident, you may be facing severe injuries, extended time away from work, and various expenses—or you may have lost a loved one. Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers understands the gravity of these cases. A Jennings bicycle accident lawyer from our firm can guide your claim or lawsuit for compensation.
You have the right to seek damages after an accident in Louisiana, and we want to help. When you call our office for more information, you’ll receive a free case review.
What Our Personal Injury Firm Can do for Your Case
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we offer comprehensive legal services for no upfront fee. We’ll front the costs to build and present your case and only take our attorney’s fees when we deliver a settlement or court award to you.
Below are some of the many services we provide our clients in Jennings and throughout Jefferson Davis Parish.
Collecting Evidence to Support and Strengthen Your Claim
Our bicycle accident lawyer can help you collect accident- and injury-related evidence, such as:
- Medical and financial documents: Medical records and bills can prove the physical (as well as financial) extent of your injuries. We may also include previous pay stubs in your case file to prove lost income from your recovery period.
- Photos and videos: Pictures related to the collision—including photos of your injuries, the bicycle, vehicles involved, and the scene as a whole—can strengthen your case. Your lawyer may also look at traffic camera footage and security cameras to establish a timeline of the accident.
- Witness statements: Our team will collect and review statements from anyone present when your accident happened.
- Accident reconstruction specialists: We may hire an expert to recreate the accident using technology.
- Crash report: A crash report is a crucial piece of evidence, especially if you lost consciousness, had a concussion, or your memory was impaired in any way by the accident. The report could contain contact information for the other parties involved, their insurance carriers, and the specific date, time, and location of the accident. Even more importantly, an official crash report details road and weather conditions, including visibility.
Identifying the Liable Party
The evidence we collect will help us determine who to hold liable for your damages. For example, you could have a claim against:
- Another bicyclist that ran into you or got in your way, causing you to swerve and crash
- A driver that collided with you after failing to look out for you or refusing to give you the right-of-way
- A local government agency that failed to maintain the roadway, creating hazardous conditions
Other parties could also be responsible. We will determine which party or parties to build claims against based on the available evidence.
Negotiating for a Fair Settlement From the Liable Party
You may be tempted to accept any offer that the liable party’s insurance company makes to get some financial relief and start to move on after the accident. However, it is wise to pause before accepting an initial settlement for your bicycle accident if you haven’t had a chance to review your damages with a lawyer.
Often, the first offer you receive does not consider the full scope of your damages—especially if you haven’t received a prognosis from the doctor. When you hire our team, we’ll help calculate all of your damages and then evaluate each settlement offer so you can be confident in your decision to accept or deny it.
Preparing Your and Your Case for Court
Many personal injury cases settle without going to trial—this saves both parties time and money. However, if there is any question about liability or the amount of damages you qualify to collect, we may decide that suing is the best option. If so, we will walk you through what to expect and make sure your case has enough supporting evidence to stand up in court.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Jennings, call 337-221-9907
Claiming Bicycle Accident Damages in Jennings
You may be entitled to claim compensation for some or all of the following:
Medical costs in a bicycle accident case can be considerable. You may have required:
- A hospital stay
- Pain medications
- Assistive devices
- And more
If your injuries are long-term or permanent, you could face additional medical expenses in the future. Our team can use your records and testimony from medical professionals to determine the extent and value of these damages.
You have probably had to take time off work and might still not be working due to your bicycle accident injuries. Past, present, and future loss of income can count towards your compensation package.
Damage to Personal Property
Damage to personal property could include your bike and anything you were carrying with you when the accident happened.
Emotional Stress/Pain and Suffering
An accident is often a traumatic event. As such, you might be able to claim compensation for the emotional trauma that you have suffered. Pain and suffering refers to the physical pain you experience due to your injuries.
While many of these injuries and circumstances cannot be reversed, the point of seeking compensation is to prevent any further harm and hold the liable party accountable. A bicycle accident lawyer on our team can help you determine which kinds of damages you may be eligible to seek in Jennings and estimate their value.
Jennings Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 337-221-9907
Time Limits to Recover Compensation in Louisiana
In Louisiana, there is a 12-month window for filing a lawsuit under CC Art. 3492. If you do not act before the time limit expires, you could lose your right to recover compensation through a lawsuit.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, a bicycle accident case can take a few weeks to months to resolve. This is partly due to the investigation, the severity of your injuries, and how long we spend in negotiations. Patience and proper communication are of utmost importance to keep your case on track.
Click to contact our Jennings Bicycle Accident Lawyers today
Get a Free Review of Your Jennings Bicycle Accident Case
If you plan to seek compensation for your bike accident, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers as soon as you are well enough to do so. Our lawyers will look after your interests and keep you informed during the entire process.
We want to help you on your journey to recovery, starting with a complimentary consultation. Call (337) 777-7777 to begin.