Parking lot collisions due to negligence can cause significant property damage to a motor vehicle as well as serious injuries to occupants. These losses and others can result in considerable financial burdens and other challenges.
If you were involved in a parking lot accident, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers could assess your case to determine what damages you might be entitled to receive. Let our Ville Platte parking lot accident lawyer handle every step of your case for you.
What a Ville Platte Parking Lot Injury Lawyer Can Do for You
There are many benefits to having an attorney working on your behalf to secure compensation from liable parties and insurance companies. Many tasks are involved in filing personal injury claims, and navigating the complex legal process can be challenging.
One of our parking lot injury lawyers in Ville Platte, LA can help you pursue your case by providing the following services and more:
- Investigating the accident and collecting evidence, including the police report and traffic citations, that supports your claim
- Obtaining statements from eyewitnesses
- Determining the liable party or parties
- Identifying and calculating financial and personal losses
- Organizing your health documentation, such as medical bills and records
- Consulting with expert witnesses, such as accident reconstruction specialists
- Communicating with insurance companies and negotiating for a settlement
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit
- Representing you and arguing your case at trial, if necessary
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we will promptly investigate your accident’s circumstances while allowing you to recover from your injuries. It’s crucial to begin building your case as soon as possible due to the Louisiana statute of limitations (CC Art. 3492). This law permits accident survivors, such as yourself, to file a lawsuit within one year of the event unless you qualify for an exception.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accident lawyer serving Ville Platte, call (337) 777-7777
Our Ville Platte Parking Lot Accident Lawyers Recover Compensation
When you’ve been in an accident and sustained injuries or property damage, you could seek a financial recovery from the negligent party or parties. You can pursue economic damages representing the financial losses you’ve sustained, such as medical care.
Non-economic damages include personal losses, such as emotional anguish, that cannot be assigned a dollar value based on a bill or receipt. Using special legal calculations, however, these losses may be compensable nonetheless.
Economic damages have fixed monetary values that commonly include the following:
- Medical bills, such as emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, visits to a doctor, prescription medications, medical equipment, and other costs
- Loss of income due to taking time off work
- Diminished future earning capacity due to physical impairments or disability
- Property damage, including vehicle repair and replacement
Non-economic damages can be assigned a value by your Ville Platte parking lot accident lawyer so you can be compensated appropriately. These can include the following:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of companionship
Ville Platte Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Proving Negligence in a Louisiana Car Accident Case
Most likely, at least one of the parties responsible for compensating you for your parking lot accident will be a negligent driver’s insurance company. Proving the other party’s negligence is necessary to establish liability, which can be accomplished by legally demonstrating the following elements:
- Duty of Care: A duty of care is an obligation one party owes to another to act in a way that another reasonable person would in the same situation. For example, drivers are responsible for driving safely and cautiously and avoiding causing harm to property or other individuals.
- Breach of Duty of Care: A breach of duty is the failure of a party to fulfill their obligation owed to another. For example, a driver that hits another vehicle in a parking lot breached their duty of care by being careless and inattentive, resulting in an accident.
- Causation: The breach of duty directly caused your accident and injuries.
- Damages: The breach of duty resulted in your damages, such as financial or personal losses.
Does Insurance Cover Parking Lot Accidents?
Louisiana is an at-fault state for auto collisions and insurance claims. Therefore, you will file with the liable party’s insurer, or you can have an attorney do this on your behalf. If the driver that hit you was underinsured or uninsured, you might have coverage under your policy. If the accident was a hit-and-run, working with law enforcement and an attorney could help you pursue compensation or determine what you will need to do next.
In any case, having a legal representative accustomed to handling communications with the insurance company can help you secure the best outcome for a settlement. A parking lot accident attorney from our team will be able to identify all your damages and will work to secure an amount reflecting all your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Parking Lot Accidents
Parking lot collisions occur in various ways, but the situations below are examples of commonly-occurring instances in which accidents transpire:
- A driver backs into another vehicle, or two drivers back into each other, perhaps due to blind spots.
- Two vehicles collide when drivers are trying to take the same spot.
- A driver pulls or backs out of a parking space into a lane with oncoming traffic and strikes another vehicle.
- A vehicle is sitting at a stop sign and is rear-ended.
Depending on whether your vehicle was stationary or moving, proving negligence may require determining who had the right-of-way. If both cars were moving and one driver failed to yield the right-of-way, this driver would be negligent because they did not adhere to legal driving standards.
Conversely, if your vehicle was stationary and legally parked, another driver in motion would likely be responsible for a collision, regardless of whether you were an occupant at the time.
Consult With a Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Ville Platte, LA Today
We encourage you to reach out to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers if you were in a parking lot accident caused by another party’s negligence. We are dedicated to fighting on behalf of accident survivors and pursuing the compensation they need to cover their many losses. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation and to learn more about your rights and legal options.