Parking lots can be dangerous—even when you take care to drive slowly and safely. If another driver or party caused you harm in a parking lot or parking garage accident, you can recover compensation. A Morse parking lot accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is here to assist you. We will offer you a free case evaluation so we can learn your story and explore the ways we can help.
Our Morse Injury Firm Is Dedicated to Working Hard for You
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has decades of experience representing clients in personal injury cases in Morse and around Louisiana. We dedicate ourselves to doing the hard work so you can recover financially from injuries and losses that someone else caused.
Our accident lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for clients who were hurt due to the negligence of another, including in car accident cases. With compensation from successful settlements and court verdicts, these individuals and families were able to pay unforeseen medical expenses, sustain a roof over their heads, and have peace of mind even while they were out of work and recovering. Let us do the same for you.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accident lawyer serving Morse, call (337) 777-7777
You Owe No Legal Fees Unless We Win Your Parking Accident Case
Our personal injury law firm provides legal services free of upfront charges and out-of-pocket expenses. The parking lot attorneys on our team work on a contingency-fee basis. We don’t collect any payment from you unless we win you compensation. If we settle your case in negotiations or win a financial award in court, our legal fees are then paid as a predetermined percentage of the final recovered amount.
Morse Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Morse Parking Lot Crash Lawyers Recover Compensation for Your Losses
Your parking lot accident may have left you with physical, emotional, and financial losses. You are entitled under Louisiana law to seek damages for each of these from the at-fault party. As Louisiana is a fault-based state, every driver is required to carry liability insurance to cover bodily injury and property damage that results from a crash they cause. If you can successfully prove the other driver caused the collision, you can file an insurance claim to cover your losses.
Our parking lot accident lawyers in Morse, LA can help you claim damages, such as:
- Healthcare Costs: A car accident that caused injuries would also result in medical bills. If you took an ambulance ride, received any surgical operations, stayed at the hospital, or had ongoing appointments with your physician, you could recover these costs. Healthcare costs could also include chiropractic services and physical therapy.
- Lost Income: If you are unable to earn money because of your injuries or your inability to get to work without a car, our Morse parking lot accident injury lawyers will help you fight for compensation to replace your income. Reduced earning potential due to temporary or permanent disability is included in lost income considerations.
- Car Damage: Sometimes, the worst damage in a parking lot accident is done to the car. Smashed trunks, ripped-off bumpers, and crushed doors are just a few of the things that may happen to a car in a parking lot or garage. You are entitled to recover the money for repairing or replacing your vehicle as well as the diminished value once repairs are made.
- Pain and Suffering: You may recover damages for the physical pain you’ve suffered in addition to the emotional distress the parking lot crash caused. A shattered wrist may be extremely painful as well as physically limiting. A broken wrist may prevent you from driving, writing, or typing, which are all essential daily tasks in most people’s lives. The inability to complete these tasks can create significant distress. You can recover compensation for each of these types of hardships.
You Have Limited Time to File a Lawsuit for a Car Accident in Louisiana
Louisiana gives injury victims one year from the date of their accident to file a lawsuit for compensation under Louisiana Civil Code § 3492. Without a legal exception, you will likely lose your right to recover damages from the at-fault party if you miss the statute of limitations. Contacting a lawyer at our firm is the best way to find out when your filing deadline is and if an exception applies to your situation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Morse Parking Lot Attorney Will Work to Prove Negligence and Liability
In order to collect compensation from the at-fault party, you must demonstrate that his or her negligence led to the parking lot accident. Building a case means proving the four elements of negligence are present in your case’s circumstances. Those elements include:
- Duty: The driver owed you a duty of care. He or she is responsible for driving carefully at all times. The rules of the road in Louisiana dictate this to drivers, whether in parking lots or on the street.
- Breach: The driver failed to adhere to their duty to drive carefully. He or she acted in a way that was negligent, such as speeding through the lot or talking on the phone when navigating a parking space.
- Causation: The driver’s negligent actions caused the crash. The chain of events must be the direct cause of the accident that harmed you.
- Damages: You were harmed in the Morse parking lot accident and experienced financial losses or non-financial losses.
If the suspected cause of the crash is not another driver, our parking lot car accident attorneys in Morse, LA can still pursue a case for negligence based on the four criteria described above. For instance, pedestrians or parking lot maintenance crews still owe others a duty of care. We can work to hold other responsible parties accountable.
Fault and Right of Way in a Morse Parking Lot
Though some drivers see parking lots as having separate rules from a busy street, they are legally bound by the same duty of care. Drivers must keep their eyes on the road ahead of them, survey their surroundings, wait their turn at stop signs, and watch out for pedestrians. They must also follow right-of-way protocols.
When determining fault in a parking lot accident, our lawyers will determine who had the right of way during the time of the collision. Usually, drivers making their way through the parking lane have the right of way, while drivers already in a parking spot must yield to oncoming cars and pedestrians.
Similarly, if a parking lot also has lanes around the perimeter of the lot, drivers exiting a parking lane must yield to drivers in the perimeter lane. If there are any stop signs or yield signs, drivers must stop for crossing traffic. Failure to do so indicates negligence on which we may build a case.
Talk to a Morse Parking Lot Accident Lawyer During a Free Consultation
A Morse parking lot accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is available to help you file your claim for compensation. Time and evidence are fleeting, so don’t delay. Call us today for a free consultation.