Companies have a responsibility to make products that are safe to use. When companies don’t do their due diligence, consumers can suffer injuries and property damage due to bad design, poor material and manufacturing quality, insufficient shipping and handling, unclear instructions, or left-out safety warnings.
If you or your loved one have suffered an injury at the hands of a defective product, you may have a product liability case. A Hammond product liability lawyer can help you hold all negligent parties accountable and recover compensation to pay for medical expenses, lost income, and more.
Do I Need a Product Liability Lawyer?
Hiring a product liability lawyer can be a crucial step in your case. Some companies may try to discredit your claims or intimidate you out of filing a complaint. But a product liability lawyer from our firm can stand up to these companies and show them you’re serious about getting justice. You can get the negotiation power you need to maximize your claim.
If you or your loved one are recovering from an injury, you can let our Hammond product liability attorney handle all communications with the liable party’s legal team so you don’t have to. If you lost your loved one due to a product liability injury, you can focus on being with your family while we build a strong case to prove the company’s negligence.
You can also get the knowledge and experience of a product liability attorney through tailored legal counsel at every step. That way you make the best possible decision for you and your family.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Hammond, call (337) 777-7777
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Is Here for You
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has over 250 years of combined legal experience. Our lawyers have a fierce reputation as being among the best personal injury lawyers in Louisiana. We dedicate our time, resources, and expertise to helping families affected by product liability injuries recover maximum compensation.
We truly want to help you recover from your injury—physically, emotionally, and financially. That’s why we offer our legal representation on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t owe us a cent until we recover compensation on your behalf. And we offer free consultations, so there’s no risk to learn more about how we can help you hold negligent companies and manufacturers accountable.
Hammond Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Recovering Compensation in a Product Liability Case
You can take a number of steps to hold negligent companies responsible for defective products and the harm they cause. We can negotiate a settlement out of court or take the case to court and have a judge and jury award you the compensation you deserve.
With these steps, you can recover many damages, including:
- Medical expenses: You can get compensation to cover medical bills for your product liability injury. This includes current outstanding bills, paid health insurance claims, and future medical expenses.
- Lost income: If you were out of work while you recovered or have to be on disability due to your injury, you can get compensation for the wages or salary, benefits, and career advancement you’ve lost.
- Property damage: Some products cause property damage to your home, vehicle, personal belongings, and more. You can get compensation to replace or repair them.
- Pain and suffering: Injuries can cause serious physical pain, emotional anguish, and even PTSD. We can help you determine how much you can get for pain and suffering.
- Diminished quality of life: Total or partial disability, scarring and disfigurement, and more can affect your quality of life now and in the future. You should get compensated for how this injury has negatively impacted your life.
- Wrongful death: Losing a loved one to a product liability injury can leave you and your family with financial and emotional burdens. Get compensation for funeral costs, lost household income, loss of companionship, and more.
Click to contact our Hammond Personal Injury Lawyers today
Types of Product Liability Cases We Handle in Hammond, LA
You may have an individual product liability case, or you may qualify to join a class-action lawsuit with other victims who have suffered similar injuries from the same products. Our product liability lawyer serving Hammond, Louisiana, can help you determine whether you have an individual case or if you qualify to be part of a class-action lawsuit.
Some of the most common product liability cases we handle are for:
- Medical devices
- Auto parts
- Tools and machinery
- Children’s products, like toys
- Household products and appliances
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Do I Know If I Have a Product Liability Case?
A product liability case involves an injury or illness directly caused by a defective or malfunctioning product when it’s used as intended. It can also involve a person who died due to the injuries or illness they suffered from the defective product used as intended. In general, you may have a product liability case if either of these situations occur.
Per R.S. §2800.54, here are the theories of liability in a product liability case:
- Design defect: The product has a design flaw that the company either failed to notice or failed to address after discovering it.
- Manufacturing defect: The product was made incorrectly and not by design, constructed with poor-quality materials, or packaged unsafely.
- Marketing defect: The product did not have clear instructions, safety warnings, proper age-of-use warnings, or all ingredients listed.
- Breach of warranty: The product guarantees certain qualities or outcomes, or the company will repair or replace the product. In the breach, the company refuses to repair or replace or offer compensation per the warranty.
Our product liability attorney can determine which theory of liability applies in your case and use it to pursue compensation on your behalf.
Potential Liable Parties in Your Case
Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may be able to hold multiple parties accountable. These include:
- The company that designed and sold the product
- The product’s manufacturer and packager
- A wholesaler or retailer where you got the product from
- Transportation and shipping companies that mishandled the product, resulting in injuries
Louisiana’s Statute of Limitations for Product Liability Cases
According to CC Art. 3492, you have just one year from the date of suffering an injury or discovering an injury after an incident to file a personal injury lawsuit. This statute of limitations also applies in product liability cases.
A Hammond product liability attorney can help you determine how the statute of limitations may impact your case.
Learn How Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Can Help You
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a defective product, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today. Our Hammond product liability lawyer can review your case for free and help you determine your next steps to getting justice.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form