If you were hurt on someone else’s property in Egan, you may be able to receive compensation for medical care expenses and other damages. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has a strong reputation among former clients. An Egan premises liability lawyer from our firm is ready to fight for you.
What Constitutes a Premises Liability Claim in Egan?
When evaluating your case, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will use the standard of negligence. It will help us determine if you have grounds to pursue a premises liability case. This standard comprises:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care: Those who own property in Louisiana must rid the premises of hazards. The duty of care requires the property owner to act reasonably. This means taking steps to identify and remove hazards from the property in question.
- The property owner violated their duty of care: If someone who is legally invited on the property suffers harm because of a hazard, then the property owner has probably violated their duty of care to the invitee.
- The violation of duty caused you harm: If you’ve suffered injuries or lost a loved one, you’ve suffered damages. It’s our job to determine which forms you’ve suffered and what they have cost you.
Virtually every property owner in Louisiana is subject to premises liability statutes. Business owners, governments (including Acadia Parish), homeowners, apartment complexes, and landlords are among those subject to premises liability rules.
We want to hear the specific details of your case. Once we have the facts, we can provide all the necessary information about your pursuing claim.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Egan, call (337) 777-7777
What Are Recoverable Damages for a Premises Liability Case in Egan?
Every client who comes to us with a premises liability case has a completely unique array of damages. However, losses that you may suffer include:
- Pain and suffering: We see firsthand the pain that an unsafe premises causes. Victims of these accidents can feel immense physical pain and experience mental anguish. We’ll seek compensation for any pain and suffering that you have experienced.
- Lost income: When premises liability cases involve a victim who has missed work due to injury, we typically seek compensation for lost income.
- Other professional damages: In addition to lost income, you may get compensation for lost performance bonuses, promotions, and other professional damages.
- Healthcare costs: The other party in your case may cover the cost of your medical care. Ambulance transport, emergency care, physicians’ visits, imaging, and other medical services may be recoverable damages.
- Emotional and psychological treatment: If you undergo counseling or other treatment for emotional and psychological symptoms, we’ll pursue coverage for your treatment costs.
We may recover full compensation for each of these losses. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will also seek appropriate compensation if your loved one has passed away following an accident on a dangerous premises. These cases are especially sensitive and may require us to seek compensation for:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship, guidance, household value, and other non-economic benefits the decedent provided
- Pain and suffering of all affected individuals
- Lost financial support
Your damages may depend on the type of accident you’ve suffered, the nature of your injuries, and other specific factors. Let an Egan premises liability lawyer from our team identify and value your damages while you focus on recovery.
How Much Is My Premises Liability Case Worth?
Several factors could determine how much your premises liability case is worth, including:
- Your specific injuries
- How liable the property owner (or another party) is for your accident
- The severity of your injuries and the duration of your symptoms
- The cost of medical care, lost income, and other economic damages
- The severity of any non-economic losses you’ve experienced, including pain and suffering
Egan Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How a Premises Liability Lawyer from Our Team Can Help
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has earned its reputation in communities throughout Louisiana, including Egan. Our personal injury attorneys have more than 250 years of combined legal experience, and we’ve secured more than $200 million in cash settlements and verdicts for clients.
Just as important as our results is the way we handle cases. Our clients feel like family, and you will:
- Have no doubt that your attorney is fighting for the settlement or judgment you deserve
- Be able to focus completely on your recovery, because we will handle every step of your premises liability case in Egan
- Receive regular updates about your case, ensuring that you always know where your case stands
- Have direct access to our team, ensuring that you get the answers and updates you need whenever you need them
Our team works around the clock to serve premises liability victims like you.
Services We’ll Provide at No Upfront Cost
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will manage every duty that your case entails, including:
- Collection of evidence and witness accounts
- Documentation and valuation of your damages
- Communications with everyone involved in your case
- Settlement negotiations
- Representation in a trial, if necessary
We’ll ensure that your rights are protected. Your financial recovery is the goal, and we’ll prevent the other parties from undermining your case.
There May Be a Time Limit for Filing Your Premises Liability Case, So Don’t Delay
Louisiana imposes certain deadlines on personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. The deadline for each is generally one year, per CC Art. 3492 and CC Art. 2315.2. Filing too late may prompt the court to throw your case out of court.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
Our team serving Egan is ready to serve you. There is no time to delay, and a premises liability lawyer from our firm is standing by, ready to start your case. We won’t ask for any upfront fees, as we only take payment if we obtain a settlement or verdict for you.
Reach out to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation. The next stop may be your financial recovery.