If you got hurt on someone else’s property because of their carelessness in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, or the surrounding area, a Baton Rouge premises liability lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers could help you seek money damages for your injuries and losses. We can talk to you about your case at no cost to you because we offer a free initial consultation.
The Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability Cases Is Short
The statute of limitations is the specific law that limits the amount of time you have to file a particular type of lawsuit. Louisiana has a short deadline for people seeking compensation if they got injured or lost their lives due to someone else’s negligence.
For cases involving personal injury lawsuits, CC Art. 3492 says that the lawsuit must get filed within one year. Wrongful death lawsuits must get filed within one year under CC Art. 2315.2. If the lawsuit does not get filed in court by the deadline, you could forever lose the right to hold the guilty party accountable for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Baton Rouge, call (337) 777-7777
When a Property Owner Can Be Responsible for an Injury on Their Premises
When a person or company owns property that is open to public or private property, the owner has a legal duty toward people who enter the property legally. The premises must be reasonably safe so that visitors and guests do not get hurt by dangerous conditions.
If the owner knows or should have known about a hazard on the property, the owner should promptly take reasonable steps to protect people from harm. Depending on the situation, reasonable steps could include one or more of these things:
- Blocking off the area around the dangerous condition to keep people away from it.
- Posting warning signs.
- Repairing the dangerous condition.
When a property owner fails to take appropriate actions to prevent injury, the owner can be liable for people who get hurt.
Baton Rouge Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Situations That Can Lead to Baton Rouge Premises Liability Injury Claims
Some scenarios in which someone getting injured on someone else’s property can lead to a premises liability claim based on negligence include:
- Tripping on electrical cords or other trip hazards
- Falling up or down stairs due to the lack of a secure handrail, uneven or broken stair treads, or items on the stairs
- Falling because of inadequate lighting
- Losing one’s footing because of spills or leaks on the floor
These are but a few examples of the many dangerous conditions that could cause someone other than the owner to get hurt and file a Baton Rouge premises liability claim.
We Handle Premises Liability Claims on a “No Fee Until You Win” Basis
You will not have to come up with a deposit toward our attorney fees on your premises liability claim. We do not charge upfront legal fees on these cases. Instead, we handle these and other personal injury matters on a contingency fee basis.
Contingency fees mean that if you do not win, you do not owe any legal fees. When you win, our attorney fees come out of the settlement proceeds or court award. At the beginning of the case, we explain the details of this arrangement, including the percentage. If you ever have any questions, please ask us.
Testimonials from Our Clients
You do not have to take our word for it when we tell you that we bend over backward to serve our clients and get them the best results possible in their situations. You can read testimonials like these:
- “I had a very positive experience with Laborde Earles. They provided excellent service, demonstrating professionalism and personal attention to detail…Thank you for all your hard work!!” -Danielle L.
- “Laborde Earles went above and beyond my expectations. Great experience overall, they understand their clients and my needs were put first…I would highly recommend this firm.” -Brenda L.
- “I cannot recommend this law firm enough! They are highly efficient, professional, knowledgeable and most importantly, personable…My experience with them was wonderful, and I will be referring any friends in need to them in the future.” -Auzita S.
- “I have had nothing but excellent service with this firm, they keep me updated on my case, are easy to get ahold of and my paralegal Mallory Marsh goes above and beyond for myself and my mother, she’s kind caring and truly concerned about us and regularly checks in to see how we are doing. I would highly recommend this firm. Such a pleasure to work with.” -Kori P.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Benefits of Working with a Baton Rouge Premises Liability Lawyer
We take care of the “heavy lifting” of your injury claim or lawsuit so that you do not have to do so. You can, instead, focus on getting better and recuperating from your injuries. When you have an attorney, the defendant and their insurance company are not allowed to harass or bother you. We can negotiate directly with them on your behalf.
You will not have to keep track of things like the statute of limitations because we manage your claim. If the deadline gets close and the case is not yet settled, we can file a lawsuit to protect your right to compensation. Most injury claims settle without having to go to trial, even when a lawsuit gets filed. We keep you posted on developments in your case so that you never have to worry about what is happening.
Our Baton Rouge Premises Liability Attorneys Are Ready to Help
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we work tirelessly to get our clients all the compensation they deserve. We treat our clients like family. It is easy to get started. Simply contact us for a free consultation. Call us today!