After suffering harm on another party’s property, you may have concerns about paying rent, affording medical care, and supervising your children. Yet, with the help of a Cankton premises liability lawyer, you can put those worries aside.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers advocates for injured people. If you or a loved one suffered harm while visiting another party’s property, whether public or private, you can seek recovery for your losses. We offer free case reviews where we can discuss your case at your convenience.
Prompt Legal Action Benefits Your Case in Several Ways
Our team is very aware of Louisiana’s statute of limitations. CC Art. 3492 notes that you generally have one year to file your lawsuit, with your filing deadline beginning from the date of your accident.
It’s important to file your case within this period for two main reasons:
- The Louisiana civil court system will not hear cases filed outside the one-year deadline. This could leave you with few options for seeking compensation, even through a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer needs ample time to gather evidence, such as security camera footage and witness statements. The more time that passes, the more difficult it could be to secure certain pieces of information.
When our team manages your case, you can trust that we’ll manage each of your case’s deadlines. Doing so plays a vital role in your fight for damages.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Cankton, call (337) 777-7777
We Make Our Premises Liability Team Accessible to Everyone
Right now, you may wonder: “How can I afford a lawyer?” Everyone in Louisiana, regardless of their financial standing, can access our team’s help. Why? Because we operate on a contingency-fee basis.
We haven’t charged hourly rates, out-of-pocket rates, or retainers since we first opened our doors decades ago. A percentage of your settlement will pay for our time, efforts, and consulting. You don’t pay a penny from your savings. You can learn more about this arrangement when you discuss your case with our team.
Cankton Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Do Cankton Premises Liability Claims Work?
Here’s what you need to know about partnering with our team:
We Will Investigate Your Case and Calculate Your Damages
We will start out by conducting an in-depth investigation into the cause of your injuries. Over the course of our investigation, we will uncover evidence needed to prove liability. Concurrently, we will need to review all of the ways your injuries have impacted your life. This way, we can calculate the value of your claim.
Supporting information in your case could comprise:
- The accident report
- Your damages’ invoices and receipts
- Testimony from bystanders and expert consultants
- Photos of your injuries
- Your medical records
We Will Determine Who Should Pay for Your Losses in Cankton
When we manage premises liability cases, usually, property owners are at fault for victims’ damages. All property owners in Louisiana must keep their properties safe for visitors. This involves:
- Placing warning signs where applicable
- Keeping dogs and other aggressive animals caged
- Keeping floors free of spills and other slipping hazards
- Abiding by local ordinances and city codes
- Having properties regularly inspected
- Repairing broken windows, stairways, and other fixtures as needed
We may find that the property owner isn’t solely responsible for your losses. Imagine you suffered harm while using a faulty tool on a construction site. In that instance, we can examine whether filing a product liability case could award compensation for your hardships.
We Will File Your Insurance Claim
After establishing liability, your attorney will know whether you have the opportunity to file insurance and/or civil claims. If you have the opportunity to file a claim with the insurance company, your attorney will file the claim and be ready to negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement.
We Will Negotiate for the Compensation You Need
After suffering injuries in an accident, you have the right to be made whole. You should be paid for each way your injuries have affected your quality of life. Compensation in your Cankton premises liability case could include:
- Physical pain and suffering and emotional distress
- Skin scarring, dismemberment, and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life and diminished earning capacity
- Loss of companionship and love, society and support, protection, advice, and guidance
- Loss of income and future potential earnings
- Medical expenses and equipment fees, including hospital bills, prosthetics, wheelchairs, ambulance fees, and more
These are just a few losses you could recover in your Cankton premises liability claim. Find out exactly how much your case is worth when you contact our office for a free consultation.
We Will File Your Lawsuit
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers resolves many premises liability claims through insurance negotiations. However, not all cases are the same; some require lawsuits to recover compensation. If your case makes it to court, you can trust that we’ll manage each of its obligations, from cross-examining witnesses to closing arguments.
Click to contact our Cankton Personal Injury Lawyers today
We Encourage You To Seek Medical Attention After Your Accident
Your premises liability incident could have caused you to suffer:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or other emotional injuries
- Head injuries, such as concussions, contusions, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Quadriplegia, paraplegia, spinal cord injuries, or paralysis
- Lacerations, abrasions, or sepsis
- Loss of limbs, dismemberment, disfigurement, and third-degree burns
We understand that seeking medical attention can get expensive, especially if you don’t have insurance coverage. However, visiting a healthcare provider is critical to your health and case’s outcome.
Don’t fret about the cost of medical help. Your insurance claim or lawsuit can yield compensation for those expenses, among other things.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Premises Liability Lawyer in Cankton for Help Today
If you suffered harm while visiting another party’s property, reach out to a Cankton premises liability lawyer from our team for assistance. We can start advocating for you now.
If we take on your case, you can rest easy while we handle the legal details of your premises liability claim. Call our office today to begin your free case review.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form