If a person, company, or manufacturer caused you to experience a serious injury because of their negligence, a Chataignier personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can assist you in your fight for justice.
Severe injuries can lead to extensive medical costs that might exceed your ability to pay them off. If your injuries required you to take time off from work to recover, you may have lost income, leaving you unsure of how to pay off other bills. A permanent injury might force you to leave your career or work in general.
Injuries caused by negligence are preventable if people use care. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we stand by our clients’ side throughout the legal process of pursuing compensation for their injuries. Let us help you get the compensation you need. Call us now for a free case evaluation at (337) 777-7777.
Car Accident Victims May Be Able to File a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury case is based on proving negligence. If another person fails to use the same care a reasonably prudent person would use in similar circumstances, that could constitute as negligence, and they could be held liable for any damages.
One of the most common types of personal injury cases is car accidents. According to the Center for Analytics & Research in Transportation, 677 crashes led to fatalities in 2019, and about 72,600 car accidents resulted in injuries.
The following driving behaviors also play a role in many accidents:
- Distracted driving: Anything that takes your attention off driving is considered a distraction, such as texting, reaching for items, eating, or changing the radio station.
- Drunk driving: Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher is illegal and could lead to an accident.
- Aggressive driving: Aggressive driving behaviors include purposely tailgating, speeding, and cutting people off.
A Chataignier personal injury lawyer can investigate your accident to determine fault and liability. If you sustained serious injuries due to a negligent driver, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers now for a free case evaluation at (337) 777-7777.
Other Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases can also involve the following types of accidents:
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Maritime injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
A personal injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can practice in all of these areas, so feel free to call our law firm to speak with a team member about your case. You can tell us what happened in your accident that caused your injury, and we can begin working on your case.
Focusing on your injuries and recovery should be your number one priority. Our team will work hard on your case while you work hard to get better.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Chataignier, call (337) 777-7777
You Can Potentially Recover Multiple Damages in a Personal Injury Case
No two personal injury cases are the same when it comes to compensation packages, as this value is dependent on the losses the victim suffered. However, people who bring a personal injury case may be able to recover the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses: These costs are related to your medical transport and hospital and doctor’s fees.
- Ongoing medical costs: These costs are associated with ongoing care for your injuries, such as therapies and prescription medications.
- Loss of income: You may be able to recover wages you lost due to having to take time off work to heal from your injuries.
- Diminished earning capacity: If your injuries prevent you from returning to the same job as before your injury, you may be able to recover wages you would have made had you not been injured.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is an umbrella term used to cover emotional anguish, physical pain, grief, distress, and other immeasurable emotional losses.
If you suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to fight for compensation to recover your losses. Let us carry the burden of your case. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we take great pride in our ability to provide our clients with exceptional customer service. We listen, learn, investigate, and actively pursue the compensation our clients need.
Chataignier Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Take the Following Steps to Help Your Case
There are several ways you can help us help you. Gathering all evidence connected with your case can save valuable time. Evidence like that of a police report can be helpful in personal injury cases. Providing us with a copy of the report can help us determine liability in your case.
Other ways you can help your case include:
- Not speaking with insurance company representatives: Do not accept any offers or sign any documents without legal representation.
- Sharing photographs with our team: Do not share them on social media. Instead, you should share photographs and videos with your personal injury lawyer.
- Practicing patience: A personal injury case takes time and requires patience as it moves through the appropriate legal process.
Our team believes in open communication with our clients. We never leave you in the dark and always provide updates as new developments occur. By working together, we can build a strong case for compensation.
Get Help From Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Now
A Chataignier personal injury lawyer can help you file a personal injury lawsuit within the statute of limitations. The Louisiana Civil Code § 3492 generally gives claimants one year to file a personal injury lawsuit.
One year can be a short window of time to take legal action. Should you miss the deadline for filing your case, you may be barred from pursuing civil action entirely.
Do not let this happen to you. Your injuries may have already caused you enough stress. Seek the compensation you need to recover your losses.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we help accident victims by representing them during their time of need. If you suffered serious injuries due to another party’s negligence, contact us today for a free case evaluation at (337) 777-7777.