If you got hurt on someone else’s property in Arnaudville, Louisiana, or the surrounding area due to the owner’s negligence, an Arnaudville premises liability lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers could help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. The owner’s liability insurance company will likely defend against your case aggressively, but your attorney can help to even the playing field.
Elements of Liability in Negligence
There is no automatic right to sue someone if you get hurt on their property unless their carelessness caused or contributed to your injury. For premises liability injury claims, there must have been a hazard on the property that caused you to get hurt. If the owner knew or should have known about the dangerous condition and did not take adequate measures to prevent people from getting injured, the owner can be liable.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Arnaudville, call (337) 777-7777
Deadline for Filing an Arnaudville Premises Liability Lawsuit
Louisiana law gives you only one year to file a lawsuit so you can seek compensation for personal injuries, according to CC Art. 3492. If your close relative died because of a premises liability injury, CC Art. 2315.2 says that you must file the wrongful death lawsuit within one year.
Your attorney will need time to investigate the situation and do all of the preliminary work necessary to file the lawsuit. A year can pass quickly when you have suffered severe injuries or the loss of a loved one.
Arnaudville Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Situations That Can Cause a Premises Liability Claim
There are countless potential hazards on property that could cause injury to unsuspecting people. Here are some examples of scenarios that could lead to a premises liability claim:
- A person could get injured in someone else’s swimming pool at a residence, hotel, public, or neighborhood pool from diving into unmarked shallow water, slipping on a slick surface around the pool, other people engaging in horseplay, or waterborne illnesses.
- Grocery store water misters in the produce section could malfunction or leak onto the floor.
- Tears on worn carpets in restaurants could “catch” shoe heels, causing a customer to tumble onto the floor.
- A retail facility could have a side or rear exit door that opens directly onto a street or alley without any warning about moving vehicles for people leaving the store.
There are too many possible dangerous conditions to list here. If your injury had a different cause, please feel free to ask us if you might qualify to file a premises liability claim against the property owner.
We Take Premises Liability Cases on a Contingency-fee Basis
Many people assume that they cannot hold the property unresponsible because they cannot afford to pay attorney fees for a lawyer to represent them in their injury claim. Premises liability cases are a type of personal injury matter. Our firm handles Arnaudsville premises liability claims on a contingency basis.
With this kind of fee arrangement, you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees to get our help. Instead, we work on the case without getting paid until the end of the matter. Then, we get paid a percentage of the settlement proceeds or court award. There are no surprises. You will know at the beginning of your case the percentages that apply. There is no fee until you win.
Our Client Testimonials
You might not try a new restaurant or store without asking a friend or reading the online reviews of the business. With so much at stake in your Arnaudville premises liability case, you might want to find out what our clients say about us when making a decision about the lawyer to handle your claim:
- “I cannot recommend this law firm enough…My experience with them was wonderful, and I will be referring any friends in need to them in the future.” -Auzita S.
- “I signed up with Jeanne Laborde and her paralegal Debbie Pitre on a Monday after an accident on Saturday. Mrs. Jeanne was so patient with me as this is my first MVA…I appreciate the hard work these ladies have demonstrated in the past few days and highly recommend these ladies and this firm. Thank You from The Hutto’s – We are so grateful” -James H.
- “Sometimes you take a chance in life because you truly need help and the right person is there at the right time…If I had to do it over I would do the same thing and chose them to help me.” -Geo M.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Get Started with an Arnaudsville Premises Liability Lawyer
All you need to do is contact us for a free consultation. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can evaluate your situation and answer your questions.
We take the time to listen to you. We treat our clients with respect and compassion. We understand that you are in an unpleasant situation, and we want to help make things better. You can contact us today to get started. Call us today!