First, we extend our deepest condolences if your loved one has passed away in a car accident. We’re also aware you likely must deal with the financial stress and emotional anguish that a loved one’s death often brings. However, if you believe that someone else’s negligent actions caused the crash, they should be held accountable. A Delcambre fatal car accident lawyer can assist you.
An attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you fight for fair compensation and hold any other parties responsible for the suffering they have caused. If you are ready to pursue wrongful death damages, you could learn more about how we can assist.
Pursuing Wrongful Death Damages After a Fatal Car Accident
If your loved one has passed away in a car crash, you could pursue wrongful death damages meant to compensate you and your family for what you have experienced. Generally, courts divide these damages into two categories.
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary costs associated with the accident. These can help make up for the following:
- The loss of your loved one’s income
- The loss of benefits or inheritance
- The cost of hospital stays and other medical care
- Burial and funeral costs
Noneconomic damages reimburse you for the emotional pain you have experienced—and will continue to experience—due to this loss. These damages can help cover the following:
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of care or companionship
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of emotional support
- Pain and suffering
A complete compensation offer will account for the economic and emotional toll this event has taken on your family. A fatal car accident attorney serving Delcambre can help you fight for this fair compensation.
Which Family Members Can Sue for Wrongful Death
Most close family members can pursue wrongful death damages after an accident, but the law establishes an order of priority. According to CC Art. 2315.2, the following have precedence:
- The surviving spouse and children of the deceased
- The surviving father and mother of the deceased
- The surviving siblings of the deceased
- The surviving grandparents of the deceased
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accident lawyer serving Delcambre, call (337) 777-7777
How a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Your car accident attorney can help with your case in many valuable ways.
- Gather evidence needed to make your case: Your attorney will compile all the evidence required to show you can hold someone else responsible for your loved one’s death. Our team can use police reports, eyewitness testimony, and anything else we uncover to build a winning case.
- Handle all communications for you: You have enough on your plate. So, let us deal with the insurance companies and other parties involved in your case. We can communicate on your behalf and will always keep you updated on any changes in your case.
- Calculate fair compensation: Your attorney will take your unique case and what your family has been through into account and calculate what would be a fair compensation offer. Then, they will help you field offers and fight for the settlement you and your family deserve.
- File your case before the statute of limitations expires: You do not have unlimited time to file a wrongful death case in Louisiana. Per CC Art. 2315.2, you have one year to start the legal process. Act quickly, and your attorney can help you file before that deadline.
- Hold all liable parties responsible: Your attorney will do everything they can to show how another person caused the fatal car accident. Then, they will hold them accountable for their actions.
- Prepare you for testimony: Should you have to testify on your behalf or speak at a deposition, your lawyer can prepare you for that. We understand how this can be a scary experience for some people, so we will do our best to ensure you are ready to tell your side of the story.
- Make your case in court: Some wrongful death cases settle outside of court. However, others are not. So, your lawyer will prepare to represent you in court and do their best to build a case that can win before a judge and jury.
Affording a Fatal Car Crash Attorney
You may look at the stack of bills you’ve piled up and think there is no way to afford another one. However, we understand you are going through a hard time in your life and have enough financial stress weighing on your shoulders.
Thus, our lawyers will not charge you any upfront fees. Instead, we work on contingency regarding cases involving fatal car crashes. We only collect a fee if we successfully obtain a settlement or court verdict in your favor—and then, we only receive a percentage of your award. We’ll explain more about this fee structure during our free initial case evaluation.
Delcambre Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
A fatal car accident can have many causes. However, such collisions often result from the actions or negligence of one of the drivers involved. For example, a recent National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) study showed how dangerous driving could be while tired or exhausted.
Other dangerous driving behaviors include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while distracted
A driver who behaves erratically or does not focus on what they are doing behind the wheel puts other people at risk. Therefore, if they cause a fatal car accident due to their actions or negligence, you can hold them accountable for your loved one’s death.
Click to contact our Delcambre Car Accident Lawyers today
Contact Us for a Free Case Consultation
Are you ready to pursue wrongful death damages from the driver who crashed into your loved one, causing their death? Just know you don’t have to do it by yourself. Instead, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers and learn more about how a fatal car accident attorney serving Delcambre can assist you and your family during this trying time.
The initial case evaluation is free, and there is no obligation to work with us. Call today or fill out our online form.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form