The damages you can recover for a drunk driving accident claim include economic and non-economic expenses and losses. When our team represents you, we help you document your recoverable damages and catalog the evidence that proves their monetary value. We also help you create a detailed checklist that ensures none of the damages you are entitled to are overlooked or omitted.
Damages you can recover for a drunk driving accident claim include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. Our team works hard to help you get the compensation you deserve. We also handle the negotiation process for you. We build a compelling evidence file, provide it to the intoxicated driver’s insurance provider, and use it to steer the negotiation process in your favor.
How to Prove a Drunk Driver Caused Your Accident
Proving the at-fault driver in your accident is one of the first steps we take in the fight for your compensation. Because we were not present when the accident occurred, we rely on the evidence we collect to bolster your case. It will include:
- Your car accident report indicating alcohol use
- The driver’s blood alcohol content test results
- Statements from any available witnesses
- Notes and observations from police on the scene
We gather this evidence for you and create an organized case file. We also use it to resolve your case with a settlement and to prove you might be entitled to punitive damages.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Compensation You are Entitled to for Negligence
Proving your damages and valuing them are two very different events. Our team will clarify the damages you can recover and collect the evidence that proves their value. The types and amounts of damages you are allowed to request include:
- Economic damages including medical bills, income loss, property damage, and other forms of compensation that are easy to quantify
- Non-economic damages including pain and suffering, mental and emotional distress, and other hard-to-quantify damages
- Punitive damages, which are typically awarded only when the at-fault party’s actions were egregious or intentional
Our team will let you know which damages you can recover and in what amounts. We also help you choose the right settlement offer for you and understand the feasibility of each offer you receive.
Do not Delay Your Request for Compensation
All personal injury cases are required to adhere to the statute of limitations – a filing deadline imposed by the state. In your drunk driving case, one of the following timelines will apply:
- The personal injury statute of limitations in Louisiana is one year, according to CC Art. 3492. When we represent you, we make sure to comply with the filing deadline and remove the risks of non-compliance.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is also one year, according to CC Art. 2315.2. When we help you comply with this timeline, we also make sure you know which surviving family members are eligible for this type of compensation.
We help you meet the filing deadline with enough notice from you. We also use that time to investigate the accident and collect evidence. If possible, our goal is to build enough evidence to compel the at-fault driver and their insurer to settle your case without going to trial.
See what Previous Clients Say About Our Law Firm
Previous clients play an important role in telling the story of our law firm. When they leave Google reviews or make recommendations on our testimonials page, they say:
- “Mrs. Greene has taken the time to respond every time I have tried to contact her…She also has taken the time to explain each step of the litigation process…I genuinely believe she cares about each and every one of her clients and is striving for the best outcome…a true advocate.” – Forrest McDaniel
- “I’m so excited to get this situation behind me. Laborde Earles took care of everything for me…I spoke with Kimberly a few times. She was very reassuring, knowledgeable, and super sweet. I recommend calling them if you are having any problems or concerns after an accident.” – Kat L
- “This is a wonderful firm. They know the personal injury process in and out and they are patient, explaining each step, making sure you understand, protecting you from being taken advantage of, and making sure you get the recovery you need to get back to your life.” – Tiffany Carrier
We are committed to helping you just like we helped these clients, and fight for your financial recovery, too.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact One of Our Team Members Today
Were you or someone you love injured in an accident caused by an intoxicated driver? Find out what damages you can recover for a drunk driving accident claim with our guidance and support. Contact our case review team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers by calling (337) 777-7777 today. The initial call is free, and there is no obligation.