While riding your bicycle, you feel like you’re on top of the world. After a collision with a car, however, you might feel as though your happy days have come to an end. You have legal options if you were hurt as a bicyclist.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers advocates for injured Louisianans and their loved ones. A Delcambre bicycle accident lawyer can gather evidence, estimate your losses, and pursue what you need. We offer complimentary case reviews where we can discuss your options.
We Offer Help on a Contingency-Fee Basis
The stress of a bicycle accident is overwhelming enough. We don’t want to compound legal matters with the cost of hiring a lawyer. So, we work on contingency. YourUr attorney’s fees are contingent on your case’s outcome. You pay nothing to get our help. We can start building your case without charging hourly rates or retainers.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Delcambre, call (337) 777-7777
Louisiana Has a Strict Statute of Limitations
We’ve resolved countless bicycle accident cases through insurance settlements. However, every case is different. If the at-fault party in your case denies liability (or the insurer won’t pay for your losses), you may have to file a lawsuit to seek damages.
Yet, you must file your case in accordance with the statute of limitations. CC Art. 3492 notes that you generally have one year from the date of your collision to file your case. CC Art. 2315 notes that if you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit, you also have a year to file your case. lawsuit.
Our team can manage your case’s deadlines and gather evidence. However, we must know about your situation before we can start advocating for you.
Delcambre Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Compensatory Damages After a Bicycle Accident in Louisiana
Recoverable losses in your Delcambre bicycle accident include:
Current and Future Treatment Costs
Compensation could cover your necessary healthcare expenses, including:
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency treatment costs
- Medical equipment, such as wheelchairs
- Physical rehabilitation
- Follow-up visits
Pain and Suffering
You might also be entitled to compensation for the physical and mental anguish caused by the crash. We will calculate its value based on your situation, including the length of your estimated recovery period.
Lost Wages and Loss of Earning Potential
You might be compensated for the wages you lost while in treatment and unable to work. If your injuries prevent you from working for the foreseeable future or permanently, you could seek recovery for any harm to your income.
Property Damage Expenses
Many people rely on their bicycles for transportation. If the collision damaged your bicycle, you can seek compensation for its repair or replacement costs.
Wrongful Death-Related Losses
Recoverable losses in a wrongful death case may include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Hospice and other end-of-life care services
- Your loved one’s lost income
- Loss of consortium
Your lawyer serving Delcambre will evaluate your situation and explain whether you can pursue additional losses. Whether through a claim or lawsuit, we will do everything possible to reach a fair outcome.
Click to contact our Delcambre Personal Injury Lawyers today
We Will Determine the Cause of Your Bicycle Accident
We will use evidence to determine what caused your accident. For example, we may review traffic camera footage to evaluate what happened before, during, and after your collision. Determining fault allows us to identify the liable party and pursue damages accordingly.
In our years of service, we have resolved accident cases caused by:
- Distracted or inattentive driving: It’s common for motorists to drive while they’re texting, chatting enthusiastically with passengers, listening to music, or focusing on other things. However, each motorist must have their attention on the road or risk driving negligently.
- Driving too closely to a cyclist: Motorists who tailgate bicyclists reduce their stopping time. This can lead to life-threatening rear-end collisions that can eject bicyclists from their vehicles.
- Reckless driving: Speeding, ignoring traffic lights, and engaging in any reckless driving activity puts other road users at risk. It can also result in fines, tickets, and criminal charges.
- Dangerous roads: Poorly maintained roads with potholes or pools of standing water can also lead to bicycle accidents. When these hazards lead to collisions, you can sue a government municipality.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We’ve Advocated for People Who Have Suffered These Injuries
Right now, you may wonder whether your condition warrants a claim or lawsuit. If you suffered damages because of another party, you can seek compensation. We’ve advocated for people suffering from:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Skull fractures
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Broken bones
- Cuts, lacerations, and road rash
- Partial andor total paralysis
By seeking medical attention, you can draw a firm connection between the accident and your injuries. This could prevent the liable party from contesting your case and delaying its progression.
Our Clients Appreciate Our Time and Efforts
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has countless positive testimonials from previous clients. They describe our team as experienced, protective, and knowledgeable. More specifically, they’ve shared:
- “I woke up and I was lying on my stomach, face down in a ditch. David was a phenomenal individual. I felt secure; I felt that he was protecting me and my family, and he was going to get what us what we deserved. He was a great lawyer and went above and beyond.” ––Kelsie
- “Jordan has been great on keeping in contact with me about my case. All my questions were answered. I will use labored Earle’s injury attorneys if I ever need them again. She was very easy to talk to. She’s has 2 thumbs up from me.” ––Nonie
- “My personal experience was with Mallory. She is kind and very caring while maintaining her professionalism. She takes care of whatever need I’ve called about and makes careful notes if she needed to give them to her superior. I give Laborde Earles 5 stars because they are working diligently to win my case.” ––LeAnn
Begin Your Free Case Review Now
Our lawyers are ready to listen to your story and start advocating for you. To connect with our bicycle accident team serving Delcambre, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers now.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form