Although parking lot accident injuries may initially seem minor, their impact on your life can be long-lasting. If you are hoping to get your costs covered by the liable party but do not know where to turn for help, a Delcambre parking lot accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is here for you. With our team fighting for your rights, you can heal from your injuries while we work to bring the at-fault party to justice.
Types of Damages You Could Be Awarded in a Parking Lot Collision
Your parking lot accident lawyer in Delcambre, LA, is here to help you understand the value of your claim. It is more common than you might think for victims of parking lot accidents to be concerned that they are going to be accused of filing a lawsuit frivolously.
After everything you have been through, this is an insult you should not have to bear. Fortunately, you have the right to be compensated for every loss when another party is responsible for causing your injuries. We will ensure you are compensated fairly by accounting for all of your compensatory damages.
What are Compensatory Damages?
Compensatory damages refer to the various losses you have experienced that you have the right to be awarded in your claim—these types of losses the defendant should be compelled to compensate you for.
They can be monetary and non-monetary, depending on the circumstances of your case. Some of the different types of compensatory damages that could be paid out following a parking lot collision include:
- Costs of repairing your vehicle
- Expenses associated with purchasing a new vehicle
- Lost wages and potential future earnings
- Loss of employee benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, and other benefits
- Physical pain and chronic suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Inconvenience and indignity
- Embarrassment, shame, and shock
- Fear, apprehension, and anticipation
- Loss of household services
- Current and future medical costs and equipment fees
These are just a few of the various damages that could be paid in your parking lot accident claim. To ensure you are being compensated reasonably for your damages, let no loss go unaccounted for as your parking lot accident attorneys attempt to calculate the value of your claim.
How Damages Are Paid
Parking lot accident victims can be compensated for their damages in several ways. However, two of the primary opportunities for financial recovery include:
- Filing a claim with the insurance company. You may be able to file a claim with the liable party’s insurer since Louisiana is a fault state. Still, you could also file a claim with your insurer if you purchased no-fault insurance coverage.
- Bringing your parking lot accident case to court. Insurance settlements might not be enough to cover your damages. The defendant may not have coverage either. If you hope to get the most out of your claim, bringing your case to court could be in your best interests.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accident lawyer serving Delcambre, call (337) 777-7777
Some of Our Firm’s Car Accident Case Results
Your parking lot accident attorney in Delcambre, LA, at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, has a strong track record of success. Here are some of our most recent car accident case results:
- $5,250,000.00 – Auto accident resulting in brain injury
- $5,000,000.00 – Judgment for paralyzed driver
- $2,000,000.00 – Automobile accident resulting in spinal cord injuries
- $1,611,000.00 – Trial verdict for a collision resulting in spinal injuries
- $1,000,000.00 – Settlement for an automobile accident victim
- $900,000.00 – Injured in an automobile accident
- $787,000.00 – The client hit a vehicle parked on the side of the road resulting in a brain injury
- $425,000.00 – Shopper hit by a shopping cart, causing back injury
- $400,000.00 – The client’s vehicle was struck by a drunk driver causing a shoulder injury
- $375,000.00 – Car accident at the intersection causing back injury
- $265,000.00 – Auto accident causing back injury
- $195,000.00 – Automobile accident resulting in a back injury without surgery
- $190,000.00 – Motor vehicle accident with hip and back injuries
- $180,000.00 – Defective tire causes one car accident and neck injury
Delcambre Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Parking Lot Car Accident Attorneys Work on Contingency
Hiring our parking lot accident lawyers may be far less expensive than you might have thought. This is because we try to make it possible for all injury victims to be able to afford powerful legal advocates.
We offer free consultations and work with accident victims on contingency. If we take on your case, your payment of attorney fees is contingent upon us winning your case. If we do not win compensation, you do not have to pay anything in attorney’s fees.
Legal Deadlines for Parking Lot Accident Claims in Louisiana
If you hope to hold the liable party accountable for their recklessness, you need to take action on your case as soon as possible. We do not aim to pressure you into getting started on your case but rather hope to protect you from the statute of limitations and other critical deadlines.
If these deadlines pass and your parking lot accident lawsuit has not been filed, it could be devastating for your case. First, we have the statute of limitations. Louisiana law only allows one year to pass before expiring. If the statute of limitation runs out, the court system will be prohibited from hearing your case.
But it is not just the statute of limitations you need to be worried about. You also need to be concerned with deadlines for insurance claim filings, the likelihood that crucial evidence could be lost if you do not get started soon enough, and more. Avoid all these hassles by obtaining an attorney working on your case as quickly as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get in Touch with a Delcambre Parking Lot Accident Attorney Today
You should not be stuck dealing with the costs of your injuries when another party is responsible. Instead, hold them accountable and get compensated for your suffering.
Reach out to a Delcambre parking lot accident lawyer at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a no-cost, risk-free consultation today. You can get started on your case when you complete our convenient contact form or call our office to take advantage of this opportunity.