If you or a loved one was in a motorcycle accident in Slidell, you might be able to pursue compensation for some or all of your losses from the responsible party. An attorney can review your case to determine the potentially liable parties and then help you shape your case against them, be it via an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Call (504) 777-7777 today for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Assigning Negligence to the Other Driver
Motorcycle accidents can be chaotic for both the motorcyclist and the other drivers involved. Due to their small size, motorcycles might not be seen by other drivers until an accident is happening.
If a driver harasses a motorcyclist, they may be found negligent and held accountable for their gross misconduct.
Alternatively, if a motorcyclist was explicitly violating traffic laws before getting into an accident, they may be considered negligent.
Sometimes, multiple parties in a motorcycle accident are partially at fault. Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §2323 dictates that if the injured party contributed to the cause of the accident that injured them, their compensation might be reduced by their percentage of fault. Your lawyer can explain this in more detail.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Slidell, call 337-221-9907
We Can Help You Shape Your Argument in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Motorcycle accident cases fall under personal injury law, so the core of your argument against the liable party may center around how their negligent actions caused your injuries.
There are four elements that typically need to be established in order to prove negligence, and they are:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty of care
Your lawyer may present evidence to establish each element or show how certain factors connect to one another. For example, let’s say you were a motorcyclist who got hit after a driver attempted to merge lanes. Your lawyer might shape your argument as so:
- The car driver had a duty of care to check their blind spot and make sure no one was in the lane they were entering.
- However, the driver did not check their blind spot, did not see you, and started merging because they assumed no one was in the lane they wanted to enter.
- Because they merged without warning or consideration of you being in the lane, you got hit in the process.
- Being struck by their vehicle led you to fall off your motorcycle, which resulted in severe injuries and financial consequences.
A Slidell motorcycle accident lawyer can help you formulate your argument and gather materials to support it when we represent you. To get started on your case, call our team today at (504) 777-7777.
Slidell Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 337-221-9907
The Injured Party May Be Entitled to Compensation for Their Damages
Motorcycle accident victims may be able to receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Expenses related to property damage, whether to repair their vehicle or replace it
- Expenses related to medical treatment, which can include emergency room treatment, physical rehabilitation, and surgeries, among other types of medical care
- Wages they lost as a result of being injured, treating their injuries, or having no means of travel
- Mileage costs to travel to and from medical appointments
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life, if their injuries prevent them from partaking in personal hobbies and activities
Your lawyer can explain your damages to you and help you calculate how much compensation to pursue in your case.
Your Attorney Can Monitor Your Case’s Deadline
Louisiana’s statute of limitations on personal injury cases does not leave a lot of time for victims to file their lawsuits.
This time can go by quickly if you attempt to negotiate a settlement with an insurance company via a claim beforehand. Collecting evidence can also take some time. Please notify your lawyer of your intentions to sue as soon as possible so they can take appropriate measures to ensure your case is filed on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call a Lawyer Today About Your Motorcycle Accident Case
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, we want to help. Call us today at (504) 777-7777 for a free consultation with a representative of our firm. We work on contingency, so you will not be expected to pay any attorney’s fees unless we win you compensation.