We know car accidents can be fatal, but statistics do not do justice to the pain that a fatal car accident causes. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers fight for justice on behalf of surviving loved ones, so we know how devastating fatal motor vehicle accidents are. Our team will lead a wrongful death lawsuit for you, ensuring that you can work through the grieving process.
A Terrytown fatal car accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will work to hold liable parties responsible for your loved one’s passing. We’ll seek compensation for pain and suffering, medical bills, funeral expenses, and all other damages you have suffered.
Damages Caused by a Fatal Car Accident in Terrytown
It is not easy to put a loved one’s passing into numerical figures or statistics. Your loved one likely provided emotional and psychological benefits that numbers alone cannot describe—even so, our team will do our best to paint the complete picture of your damages.
Some damages we typically see in fatal car accident cases are:
Pain and Suffering
The American Psychological Association (APA) explains that losing a loved one can cause shock, confusion, grief, and depression. These and other forms of pain and suffering may entitle you to compensation. Our firm will also consider whether your loved one suffered because of their car accident in Terrytown.
You may also get compensation to treat grief and other symptoms, including:
- Grief counseling
Pain and suffering is an important class of damage in all fatal car accident cases. Juries and attorneys use this loss category to cover many of the non-economic damages caused by wrongful deaths.
We’ll work to have liable parties cover all accident-related medical bills. This includes the cost of ambulance transports, medevac transport, emergency care, surgery, end-of-life care, and any other services your loved one received after the accident.
Liable parties may cover the entire cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial. Healthline explains that funeral expenses routinely cost around $15,000, so this is an important damage in a fatal car accident lawsuit.
Lost Financial Support
When you lose a loved one because of a fatal car accident in Terrytown, LA, you may also lose:
- Their income, which in some cases is the household’s primary form of financial support
- Work-related benefits such as health insurance and employer-matched retirement contributions
- The skills that they provide your household, such as handiwork, yard work, and chores
If the decedent managed family finances, made investing decisions, or provided any other financial benefits, our team will consider these lost benefits.
Loss of Companionship and Related Damages
Throughout all of the wrongful death cases Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers handle, we see the great human cost of a sudden passing. Losing a loved one in a fatal car accident may also mean losing:
- A spouse’s companionship and support
- A spouse’s intimacy
- A parent’s guidance
- The sense of stability that a parent can provide
- Other emotional, psychological, and personal benefits that the decedent provided
Our fatal car accident attorney in Terrytown, LA wants to hear from you. We cannot understand the full magnitude of your loss without first learning about your loved one. Our team will do everything that we can to get the justice you and your surviving loved ones deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accident lawyer serving Terrytown, call (337) 777-7777
Reasons to Choose Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Lead Your Fatal Car Accident Case in Terrytown
When you are pursuing justice for a wrongful death, you need a law firm you can trust. Your lawyer must be able to get the recovery you deserve, but you should also trust them to treat you respectfully and to prioritize your case.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers treats every case as if it is the most important we have ever handled. Fatal car accident cases are extremely important because you’ve suffered damages that could affect you for the foreseeable future.
Choose our team serving Terrytown for your case because:
- Our case results prove our worth: We have gotten several multi-million-dollar recoveries for our clients, including wrongful death victims throughout Louisiana. When the pressure is highest, our firm rises to the occasion.
- Client service is our priority: You can tell much about a law firm by the way they treat clients. Our team cares about our clients as people, so we always show them compassion and respect. Expect attentive legal service during your time as our client.
- We are familiar with Terrytown: Your case is not the first we have handled in Terrytown. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is a Louisiana-centric law firm with deep roots in the state. Because we know Terrytown, we’ll be able to complete your case without delay.
- We will fight for the entire financial recovery you’re entitled to: By getting the compensation you deserve, we will achieve justice for the tragic passing of your loved one. While the pain of your loss may not go away immediately, the financial recovery may help you move closer to a feeling of normalcy.
You can also review our firm’s testimonials to see how our clients feel about us.
Terrytown Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
How Our Team Serving Terrytown Will Complete Your Fatal Car Accident Case
Your lawyer and the rest of our team will complete every step in your case, including:
- Determining liability for the fatal car accident in Terrytown
- Identifying and calculating every damage you have suffered
- Collecting evidence that proves liability for your loved one’s passing
- Negotiating a settlement with liable parties
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will protect your rights. You deserve to be with loved ones and work through your grief without bother. Everyone involved in your case will work through us, ensuring that you can cope with your loss in peace.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
Do not wait to contact our team. CC Art. 2315.2 generally requires us to file wrongful death lawsuits within one year of the victim’s passing. While there are exceptions to this time limit, do not wait to get legal help. A Terrytown fatal car accident lawyer from our firm can help you today.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.