If you are a car accident victim, you may have legal opportunities to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver or another liable party. You may be able to file a personal injury case if one or more of the following occurred:
- The car accident caused you bodily injury, whether these injuries occurred immediately or developed later on.
- Your vehicle was damaged in the car accident.
- You faced or still face several financial expenses because of the accident and/or your injuries.
- Your car accident injuries significantly affected or still affect your way of life.
If your accident took place in Terrytown, Louisiana, an attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you build your case and file for compensation. Call our law firm at (504) 777-7777 for a free consultation and learn how a Terrytown car accident lawyer from our team can serve you.
Your Car Accident Damages May Entitle You to Compensation
Car accident victims generally have two options to pursue compensation: file an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance provider or file a lawsuit against the driver and/or another liable party.
In either scenario, you will need to count the costs of your financial damages and assign values to non-financial damages to reach a total figure. This figure can serve as your goal for financial recovery. When demanding compensation, you and your lawyer will list the damages you are claiming in your demand letter. These damages may include:
- Your medical care expenses, such as costs for emergency treatment, surgeries, and diagnostic tests
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses, such as costs for prescription medicines, a wheelchair, or procedures not covered by your insurance provider
- Costs for post-treatment services, such as physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Your pain and suffering
- Any income you lost as a result of your injuries or lack of transportation
- Any additional income you would have made had you not been injured, including job opportunities or raises you missed
- Emotional anguish
Our team will work with you to devise this list of damages and calculate their value, so we may suggest other items not listed here depending on your case details.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Terrytown, call (337) 777-7777
Our Law Firm Can Identify Which Party or Parties You Can File Against
Besides assessing your damages and figuring out how much compensation to pursue, another key aspect of building your case involves identifying the liable party or parties.
The At-Fault Driver Is Not Always the Only Liable Party
One thing to understand is that a driver might be at fault for an accident—in that they caused the collision to occur—but they might not always be the liable party or the only liable party.
For example, if you were in an accident with a truck driver, the trucking company may be held vicariously liable since they hired the driver to transport goods on their behalf. That would mean you could pursue compensation from the trucking company even though the driver caused the accident.
You Might Be Able to Pursue Compensation from Other Parties
In some car accident cases, a third party might be liable for damages because their negligence also contributed to the collision or caused you harm in some way. Some examples of other liable parties include:
- Another driver who also played a role in the car accident
- A maintenance company if improper part repair or replacement caused the vehicle to malfunction and crash
- The vehicle’s manufacturer if a defect in the vehicle caused the accident
- A municipality if improper road maintenance caused the accident
Already have an idea about who you can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against? Tell us about it in a free case review. When you dial (504) 777-7777, you can speak with a team member at our firm about your case and provide us any information you already have, like the crash report.
Together, we can build a case and start the litigation process. A Terrytown car accident lawyer from our team will also provide guidance and advice during your pursuit of compensation, so do not hesitate to ask questions along your journey.
Terrytown Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
You Have a Time Limit on How Long You Have to File
CC Art. 3492 limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit for your motor vehicle accident injuries. If you’re taking civil action in Louisiana, you have about one year to do so, with the deadline being one year from the accident date, not when you start building your case.
If you do not file your lawsuit on time, your case might get dismissed, meaning you would not be able to collect compensation from the liable party.
Click to contact our Terrytown Personal Injury Lawyers today
Our Legal Team Can Help You Build Your Car Accident Case
We understand that the time constraint can seem intimidating if you have never filed a lawsuit before, but if you become our client, you won’t have to worry about the minor legal details. Our team can handle this for you and provide other services to help move your case forward.
Whether you decide to file a claim or lawsuit, our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you with your case by:
- Reviewing the crash report to identify the liable party
- Investigating your car accident to see if other parties might be involved or if other evidence might support your case
- Filing paperwork on your behalf and keeping you updated about your case’s legal progression
- Speaking with insurance companies and attorneys on your behalf and relaying important messages to you
- Negotiating a potential settlement if you decide to file a claim
- Representing you in court if you decide to file a lawsuit
- Providing legal advice throughout the process
We could even help you file a wrongful death lawsuit after losing a loved one in a car accident, as long as you qualify to do so under CC Art. 2315.2.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Represent You
Our law firm works hard when fighting for our clients’ compensation, and we intend to give that same energy to your case. If you have more questions about how one of our lawyers can help you, call our office at
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we fight for car accident victims like you. When the consequences of a car accident become too overwhelming, let a Terrytown car accident lawyer from our firm help you pursue the financial recovery you need. Call today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form