Some think that an accident in a parking lot is not something to worry about compared to a serious highway collision, but that is simply not true. Any motor vehicle accident can cause property damage and severe injury. You may be entitled to collect compensation if you or a loved one has suffered harm in a parking lot accident.
A Terrytown parking lot accident lawyer with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can guide you throughout the claims process and safeguard your rights. We stand prepared to put our more than 250 years of combined legal experience behind your car accident case.
Pursuing Damages After a Parking Lot Accident in Terrytown, LA
If you believe someone else is to blame for your accident and injuries, you may qualify to pursue damages in an insurance claim or a personal injury suit. Our parking lot accident lawyer in Terrytown, LA, can help you fight for damages that may cover the following losses:
- Medical expenses for past and future care: If you went to the doctor or the hospital and/or need future medical care as a result of your accident, damages should help cover past and future medical care costs.
- Lost income: A few missed paychecks can make a big difference for most victims and their families. If your injuries keep you out of work for a time, you may be eligible to seek compensation for your lost income.
- Loss of earning potential: Injuries that stay with you can affect your ability to work in the future, and that could reduce your earning potential. As a result, you may have to take a less physically-demanding job that doesn’t pay as much. Compensation for this anticipated loss can account for the difference in pay.
- Property damages: If your car has been damaged in the accident and needs repairs, you can seek compensation for those expenses.
- Pain and suffering: When we calculate your claim, we can consider any other past and future pain and suffering you and your family experience as a result of this accident.
For a free legal consultation with a parking lot accident lawyer serving Terrytown, call (337) 777-7777
How a Parking Lot Accident Attorney at Our Firm Can Help You
You are not required to hire a lawyer when pursuing a personal injury case, but you should know that a parking lot accident attorney at our firm can do many things to assist you in your fight for fair compensation. Your lawyer can:
- Get the legal process started: Your attorney can file your case and help you start the pursuit of damages. This is important because Louisiana laws do not give you unlimited time to begin pursuing a personal injury case. Per CC Art. 3492, you usually have just one year to file suit.
- Gather evidence: Your lawyer will gather any evidence needed to make your case. Common forms of evidence include relevant photos and video footage, eyewitness accounts, medical records, and the accident report.
- Communicate on your behalf: You do not have to speak to insurance companies or other parties involved in your case. Instead, your lawyer can communicate with them on your behalf and keep you updated on any developments.
- Calculate fair compensation and field settlement offers: An insurance company’s first settlement offer is likely insufficient. Your lawyer can calculate fair compensation and field other settlement offers for you, advising you on whether an offer would adequately compensate you and your family.
- Hold liable parties accountable: Whether a distracted driver struck you or the property owner failed to keep their parking lot clean, leading another driver to lose control of their vehicle, our attorney can hold all liable parties accountable according to their degree of fault.
After reading about the various services our parking lot accident lawyers can provide, you may hesitate to retain our assistance due to attorney’s fees. However, cost shouldn’t be a concern when you hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. Our team takes parking lot crash cases on contingency, so we don’t get a fee unless we recover compensation for you.
Terrytown Parking Lot Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Common Types of Parking Lot Accidents
It is easy for a parking lot accident to happen, even when you are driving carefully. There are many cars moving in and out of lanes and entering or exiting the parking lot at any given time. There are pedestrians to keep track of, and parked cars and other obstacles can block your line of sight.
If someone doesn’t consider all of these factors and drives irresponsibly, they need to be held liable when their actions or negligence causes harm to others. Our law firm can handle all types of parking lot accidents, including situations in which:
- Two drivers back up into one another.
- A driver backs into another car when leaving a parking space.
- A car gets rear-ended when it is stopped at a stop sign or pedestrian crossing.
- A driver hits a pedestrian or bicyclist.
- The property manager doesn’t keep up with the parking lot’s maintenance.
If you believe that someone else was to blame for the accident and your injuries, it may be time to pursue compensation.
Common Injuries in Parking Lot Accidents
A motor vehicle collision in a parking lot can easily cause injuries, just like any other car accident. Our clients have required medical care for injuries like:
- Cuts and scrapes
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractured or broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
One injury commonly sustained in a parking lot accident is whiplash, a neck injury that could have lasting effects. According to Mayo Clinic, it can occur when your car is hit, and your neck moves back and forward quickly, in a motion similar to that of a cracking whip. This injury can seem minor, but it can affect an accident victim’s quality of life for a long time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Start Working With Our Parking Lot Accident Attorney in Terrytown, LA, Today
If you want to learn more about how our Terrytown parking lot accident lawyer can help you, contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers. Our firm can offer you a free legal consultation and tell you more about the potential value of your case. There is no obligation.