It is never acceptable for a motorist to risk others’ safety by engaging in aggressive driving behaviors. If you were injured by an aggressive driver, a St. Charles Parish aggressive driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers might be able to help you fight for compensation.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers coordinates personal injury lawsuits and insurance claims on behalf of our clients. If we can establish the responsible party’s liability for your accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
For a free, no-obligation case review with a representative of our firm, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777. We offer representation on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments required.
Aggressive Driving and Car Accident Liability
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), aggressive driving includes behaviors such as tailgating, running red lights, and other violations of traffic law. Aggressive drivers may also yell or make rude gestures at other road users.
In Louisiana Revised Statutes (RS) §14:99 makes “criminally negligent or reckless” driving—which may include many aggressive driving behaviors—a crime. Anyone caught doing so may be fined or sent to prison.
Fortunately, you do not need the responsible driver to be convicted of reckless driving in order to file a personal injury case against them. If you can prove that the at-fault driver caused your accident by violating a traffic law, they may owe you compensation for your damages.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we believe that all irresponsible drivers should be held accountable for their negligence. To learn more about our services and your legal options in a free case review with a member of our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777.
For a free legal consultation with a aggressive driving accident lawyer serving St. Charles Parish, call (337) 777-7777
Different Injuries May Entitle You to Different Damages
Depending on how your accident affected you and your family, you may be entitled to any or all of the following:
As the name suggests, “economic damages” focus on any financial losses you sustained due to the accident. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses: for those who sought or continue to seek treatment for their injuries
- Vehicle repair expenses: for those who spent money fixing their car and/or renting a car while their own was in the shop
- Loss of income: for those who missed work because of their injuries
- Loss of earning capacity: for those whose injuries are severe enough to impact their future earning potential
Noneconomic damages focus more on personal or bodily injuries—that is, physical and mental harm caused by the accident. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Disfigurement: for those whose injuries left them with permanent scars
- Disability: for those who lost partial or total use of any body part
- Reduced quality of life: for those whose injuries prevent them from living a pain-free, independent life
St. Charles Parish Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
When to Hire a Lawyer
Whether your accident just occurred or you have already started the legal process, a St. Charles Parish aggressive driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to take over the work in your case.
Among the things Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can do for you are:
- Investigating your case so that you know who is liable
- Collecting evidence to back up your version of the accident
- Filing paperwork, so you do not have to worry about finding the correct forms, making errors, or submitting something late
- Calculating your damages so that you understand the potential value of your case
- Communicating with others so that you do not have to speak directly with the liable party, their lawyer, or their insurance company
- Negotiating on your behalf to try to secure a settlement
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
We can do all of this for you at no upfront cost. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that our attorney fees come out of whatever compensation we may be able to help you to get. If we cannot win money for you, then you do not owe us attorney fees.
The Deadline to Sue in Louisiana
Time is limited to take legal action after a car accident in Louisiana. Per Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, there is a general one-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. This means you typically must file your lawsuit within one year of your accident. If you wait any longer than this, your lawsuit may be dismissed, and you may be unable to recover compensation.
A year can pass by quickly when you are focused on recovering from a car accident. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers encourages you to call us as soon as possible after your accident so we can inform you about your deadlines and get started on your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
If you are feeling overwhelmed by the aftermath of your accident and your legal responsibilities, remember that Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is on your side. A St. Charles Parish aggressive driving accident lawyer from our firm may be able to fight for compensation on your behalf while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
For a free case review with a member of our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777. We can tell you whether or not we believe you have a case and what your options are.