Despite decades of campaigns and strict laws against drunk driving, some drivers still believe it is acceptable to drink before getting behind the wheel.
If you or a loved one were hurt in an accident caused by a drunk driver, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you. A St. Charles Parish drunk driving accident lawyer from our firm may be able to manage all aspects of your insurance claim or lawsuit when we represent you.
For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments required.
Drinking and Driving Is Never Safe
Per Revised Statutes (RS) § 14.98, driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of or greater than 0.08% is illegal in Louisiana. This law also prohibits driving while using certain controlled substances or while combining alcohol with medications that instruct you not to use them with alcohol.
Even a BAC of less than 0.08% can affect a driver’s ability to operate their vehicle safely. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a BAC of just 0.02% can begin to affect judgment, visual tracking ability, and the ability to multitask.
Despite the many dangers of drunk driving, it is easy enough to prevent. The NHTSA recommends that people who are drinking or planning on drinking make alternate transportation arrangements, like calling a taxi or riding with a friend.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accident lawyer serving St. Charles Parish, call (337) 777-7777
Proving Liability in a Drunk Driving Accident Case
If a drunk driver caused your accident, they may be liable for your damages in a personal injury case. This may be true even if the driver did not receive a criminal citation for operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
In order to recover compensation in a personal injury case, you typically must show that the responsible party’s negligence caused your accident. When it comes to car accidents, any violation of traffic law may qualify as negligence, such as:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- An illegal turn or lane change
- Not leaving a safe stopping distance
- Going the wrong direction on a one-way street
- Not using lights at night
- And more
If you have evidence that the driver who caused you accident did so by violating a traffic law, you may not need additional proof that they were intoxicated at the time to win your case.
A St. Charles Parish drunk driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can investigate your accident and collect evidence of the responsible party’s liability when we represent you.
For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777.
St. Charles Parish Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
The Kinds of Compensation You May Be Entitled To
Depending on the details of your accident, your injuries, and their impact on your life, the following damages may be recoverable in a personal injury claim:
- Current and future accident-related medical expenses
- Lost wages for the time when your injuries forced you to miss work
- Reduced earning capacity, if the job permanently impacted your ability to work
- Scarring and disfigurement, if your accident left painful or easily noticeable marks
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- And more
In the tragic event that your loved one lost their life in an accident caused by a drunk driver, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you pursue a different set of damages in a wrongful death case. Wrongful death damages may include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pre-death medical care
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of wages
- And more
Click to contact our St. Charles Parish Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers today
Working with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on Your Case
When you work with a St. Charles Parish drunk driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we can manage all of the legal work in your case. Our services may include:
- Handling communications: Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can handle all communications with the responsible party and their insurance company on your behalf
- Collecting evidence: our firm can investigate your accident to collect proof of the responsible party’s liability. This evidence may include photos or videos of the accident, the police report, testimony from accident reconstruction experts, and more.
- Calculating the value of your damages: Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can also collect evidence of your damages and their value. This can help us identify a fair settlement range for your case.
- Submit paperwork: we can file your insurance claim and/or lawsuit by the appropriate deadlines.
- Representing you at negotiations: your lawyer can meet with the liable party’s insurance company to fight for a fair settlement offer.
- Representing you at trial: if the insurance company refuses to offer you a fair pretrial settlement, your lawyer can go to trial on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to help you get your life back. While you focus on your recovery, a St. Charles Parish drunk driving accident lawyer from our firm may be able to fight compensation on your behalf.
Keep in mind that there is a tight deadline to sue for car accident damages in Louisiana. Per Civil Code (CC) § 3492, the general statute of limitations on both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits is just one year.
In order to preserve your right to sue, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers encourages you to call our firm as soon as possible after your accident. When you are ready for your complimentary case review with a member of our team, call us at (337) 777-7777.
If you qualify, we may be able to offer your representation on a contingency-fee-basis. This system means that our attorney fees come out of whatever compensation you win, not out of your pocket. You will owe us nothing for your labor if you do not win your case.