If you were in an accident in New Orleans and suffered a head injury as a result, you might be able to pursue financial compensation for the costs of treatment and other accident-related damages. A lawyer from our firm can manage your case throughout its entirety, allowing you to focus on healing instead.
Head injuries can result from just about any personal injury accident, including vehicle accidents, maritime accidents, malpractice, electrocutions, falls, sports injuries, and more. No matter how the accident happened, we want to hear from you and see how we can help you pursue financial awards that can help you get your life back on track. You can learn more about your legal options during a free consultation.
We Can Help You Seek Compensation for Your Head Injury
Treating head injuries can be expensive, and not everyone has the financial ability to cover those costs. Fortunately, you may be able to hold the negligent driver who caused your accident financially responsible for your damages in a personal injury case.
For example, you may be able to sue the negligent driver to compensate you for:
- Medical treatment costs, including X-rays, lab work, and medicines
- Loss of wages for the time you had to stay home or in the hospital to heal
- Permanent disability if your head injury caused irreparable harm to your brain and cognitive functions
- Reduced earning capacity if your head injury forces you to work a lower-paying job because you can no longer perform your regular work tasks
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life if your head injury prevents you from engaging in hobbies and activities because you no longer have the cognitive ability to do so
You can learn more today during a free legal consultation with a head injury lawyer serving New Orleans.
For a free legal consultation with a head injury lawyer serving New Orleans, call (504) 777-7777
You May Be Able to Pursue Wrongful Death Damages
In the worst cases, head injuries can be fatal. Symptoms could go unnoticed, which might mean victims are not able to treat their injuries in time or at all. Serious head injuries might put victims in a coma or cause instant death.
This can be a traumatic experience for the victim’s family members. We at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers understand that while money cannot replace your loved one, the financial burdens that might come with a loved one’s passing can also be overwhelming. If you lost a loved one to a car accident-related head injury, you might be able to be compensated for:
- Funeral, burial expenses
- Hospital treatment expenses
- Loss of financial support from your loved one
- Other types of wrongful death damages specific to your relationship with the decedent
New Orleans Head Injury Lawyer Near Me (504) 777-7777
How Our Head Injury Lawyer Serving New Orleans Can Help You
People who suffer head injuries must deal with unpredictable twists and turns regarding their health and way of life, especially those whose wounds are severe. Some people with this injury will recover, but for those who don’t, life will never be the same.
Instead, they will have to depend on caregivers for help with daily tasks, such as walking and bathing. Their overall health is also at risk, as they could develop a brain disease or a mental health disorder, such as anxiety or depression.
We know the expenses of treating a head injury can last a lifetime, making it very hard for a person to pay for their medical and rehabilitative care. We believe that no one should have to suffer the additional injury of paying for the harm someone else’s negligence caused.
Our Lawyer Who Manages Head Injury Cases from Our New Orleans Office Can:
- Identify the liable party in your accident
- Build your compensation case to hold the liable party accountable for your injury
- Help you collect evidence that can support the case
- Review your damages and determine how much compensation you can request
- Manage every aspect of the case from start to finish
- Negotiate for fair compensation from the insurer of the negligent party
- File a lawsuit on your behalf if a settlement is not reachable
- Represent you at trial to seek a court settlement award in court
We will file all your legal documents on time and take care of daily communications on your behalf. This means we will talk with the insurance company and the attorneys representing the other party or parties in your case.
Proving the Other Party’s Negligence Is Critical to Your Case
Our lawyer must prove the party that caused your injury was negligent by establishing the following:
- The party that caused your head injury owed you a duty of care.
- The party did not uphold this duty.
- As a result of not upholding their duty, you were injured.
- You suffered compensatory damages as a result of your head injury.
Any evidence you have to prove these elements will help us build your case. This can include photographs from the accident scene and your injuries, video footage you took, or video from a nearby surveillance camera that recorded the accident. Your evidence can also include:
- Official police reports
- Medical records, receipts, invoices
- Statements from your doctor, witnesses
- Expert witnesses
We can help you obtain or uncover additional evidence if it is available.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Filing Deadlines for a Head Injury Case in New Orleans
Prompt legal action is ideal in a personal injury case—especially in Louisiana, where the statute of limitations is one year, per CC Art. 3492. Our lawyer will need time to build your case, so we urge you to reach out as soon as you can. If you are eligible to pursue wrongful death damages on behalf of a loved one, you have only one year, as well, per CC Art. 2315.2.
Your case could involve circumstances that shorten or lengthen the time you have to file a lawsuit. We can help determine what the legal timeline looks like in your case. We can cover this matter during a free consultation.
Hire a New Orleans Head Injury Lawyer to Fight for Your Case
We are ready to help you with your head injury case. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is a contingency law firm, which means you will need no money up front for us to start work on your case. If we recover compensation for you, our payment will come from your insurance settlement or your court award.
We may be able to hold the at-fault party responsible for your damages, so call our team at (504) 777-7777 for a free consultation. We can explain your available options and guide you on what to do next.