For victims of hit-and-run accidents, the stress can be overwhelming. Not only are you dealing with injuries and property damage, but you may be wondering how you will pay for your losses without the other driver’s insurance. If you’ve been in an accident where the driver left the scene, our car accident lawyers can help.
A hit-and-run accident lawyer serving New Iberia can assess your damages and help you seek financial compensation. You won’t have to deal with the insurer on your own. We will pursue every option available to get a settlement that will make a positive difference. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we aim to improve the lives of our clients by fighting for their rights every step of the way.
How Our New Iberia Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Accidents are already challenging to deal with when we know all the parties involved. So, we understand how much harder it can be to suffer the consequences of an accident caused by someone who refused to take responsibility. Not having the driver’s information does complicate things. However, this should not stop injured victims from seeking recovery.
While criminal charges could be filed against the offending driver if they are found, these do not affect your civil claim for damages. Suing for compensation from the driver who hit you and fled the scene is a separate legal matter. This means that you are not barred from filing a civil complaint for compensation based on criminal proceedings.
Our hit-and-run accident attorney serving New Iberia can manage your case for damages while you heal from the accident. We will take care of all your case paperwork and meet the legal requirements while you focus on healing. We know that you have enough on your plate, so we will handle every aspect of your case from the start to the finish.
What Our Services Include
If you hire us to recover your accident losses, we can:
- Build a case proving the other driver’s negligence and your right to recover damages from a hit-and-run crash
- Investigate the accident scene to determine what happened
- Collect and review evidence, including traffic camera footage, witness accounts, police reports, medical records, and more
- Assess your financial and non-financial damages and assign a settlement value
- Speak with expert witnesses who can offer a professional opinion that helps your case
- Manage all communications with your own insurance company (or the insurance of the liable party if they are found) and negotiate for fair compensation
- File your injury lawsuit with the court and seek your recovery at trial, if necessary
We can stay in touch with Iberia Parish’s law enforcement to see if officers have found the hit-and-run driver and update you on any developments. Whether they are found or not, we will do our best to discover and pursue a means of compensation for you.
We Help Hit and Run Collision Victims in New Iberia
Not everyone struck by a hit-and-run driver was driving a car at the time. We also help:
- Vehicle owners who were not in their vehicles when someone hit their car
We believe hit-and-run drivers in Iberia Parish and throughout Louisiana should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. We will fight to get you and your family the award you need to move forward after an accident. We have recovered more than $200 million in damages for our clients, which shows how seriously we take their cases.
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accident lawyer serving New Iberia, call (337)-547-2777
Recoverable Damages in a New Iberia Hit-and-Run Collision
Our hit-and-run accident lawyer serving New Iberia can assess your financial (economic) and personal (non-economic) losses and determine the compensation you could demand from the at-fault party.
Financial needs you could recover include:
- Medical expenses (hospital emergency care, surgeries, imaging tests, and medications)
- Rehabilitation and ongoing care costs (at-home nursing care and physical therapy)
- Therapy and counseling costs
- Lost income (including benefits, bonuses, tips, and commissions)
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Property damage (repairs and replacement of personal items, including your vehicle)
- Other accident-related expenses
Non-financial losses can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress and emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Wrongful death
These losses vary from case to case, so we will have to look at your specific damages to know what you can claim. This figure can also help you decide if an insurer’s settlement offer is too low. You don’t have to accept an offer that falls short of your needs.
New Iberia Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me (337)-547-2777
Louisiana’s Deadline for New Iberia Hit-and-Run Accident Cases
We encourage you to protect your right to compensation for your damages by filing legal action as early as you can. Injured accident victims generally have 1 year from the accident date to take action against the liable party who injured them, per CC Art. 3492. If you leave your personal injury action to us, we will meet the legal requirements for your case.
Wrongful Death Actions
If you lost a loved one due to the negligence of a hit-and-run driver, we can’t express how sorry we are for your loss. We know that your suffering may feel like all you can handle right now, so we hope you’ll give us the opportunity to take on that burden for you. Per CC Art. 2315.2, surviving family members have 1 year from the date of the accident to take legal action.
Click to contact our New Iberia Car Accident Lawyers today
Call Us Today After a Hit-and-Run Collision in New Iberia
Drivers who hit-and-run leave the scene for various reasons, from having no insurance to driving without a license. Some offenders flee because they have unpaid tickets or outstanding warrants, while others leave because they are driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both.
No matter the reason a hit-and-run driver hit you and left the scene, a hit-and-run accident attorney serving New Iberia can seek justice for you. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation about your accident.
Call or text (337)-547-2777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form