If you were recently injured in a motorcycle accident and have struggled to cover the damages related to the crash, you might be able to get compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is a personal injury law firm that helps Louisianans fight for the financial recovery they need after falling victim to others’ negligence.
Our Team Can Help You Determine How Much Compensation to Pursue
Motorcycle accident victims can fight for compensation for more than just their injuries and property damage. Motorcycle accident cases fall under personal injury law. So, if you intend to file a lawsuit against the driver who caused your accident, you may be able to receive compensation for:
- Income you lost due to your injuries, recovery period, or not having transportation.
- Losses related to having a permanent injury, ranging from changes in your appearance to not being able to perform specific tasks or activities because of your injuries.
- Costs related to property damage.
- Costs for medical treatment, including post-treatment services like physical therapy.
- Pain and suffering, both emotional and physical.
- Loss of future income or having your earning potential reduced.
Your personal injury lawyer can explain what kinds of damages you may be entitled to collect for your motorcycle accident injuries. A representative can also explain other legal options if you do not want to go to court. In fact, in many cases, a lawyer can negotiate an insurance settlement to avoid having to take their client’s case to trial, which might be a viable option for you.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving New Iberia, call (337) 777-7777
Your Lawyer Will Help You Form Your Legal Argument
Our law firm works with every client to understand their perspective so that we can shape a case argument that reflects their situation accurately. This involves establishing the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The obligation all people have to avoid causing harm to others, usually by following established laws, regulations, and guidelines, such as traffic laws.
- Breach of care: Any act or omission that violates a law, rule, or guideline aimed to protect people is considered a breach of care.
- Causation: The established correlation between the defendant’s breach of care and the cause of the accident. An example might involve the driver failing to look in their blind spot before merging, colliding with the motorcyclist as a result.
- Damages: The economic and noneconomic losses that the injured party incurred from the accident, which serve as the basis for demanding compensation.
We also help our clients collect evidence to support their claims and protect them from potential claims by the defendants. In Louisiana, CC Art. 2323 mandates that plaintiffs who are found comparatively negligent in their accident may be susceptible to having their compensation reduced by their percentage of fault. So, the evidence we collect may also play a crucial role in asserting your role as the victim.
Start working on your case today by calling Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 for a free case evaluation. Once we review the basic elements of your case, a New Iberia motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get the information you need to support it. Call today.
New Iberia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
File Your Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Quickly
If you do end up deciding to move forward with a lawsuit, you need to make this decision quickly. CC Art. 3492 generally gives people one year to file a personal injury lawsuit, which is not a lot of time when you factor in other priorities in your life. Other case elements might affect the statutory deadline as well, such as whether your case involves minors or a municipality. If so, consult with your lawyer to determine the timeframe you have for your case.
Do not wait for your injuries to heal to take legal action, as that might cost you valuable time to collect evidence, conduct interviews, and file paperwork. With a medical release, your lawyer can communicate with the physicians overseeing your treatment to determine the future extent of your damage and then act on your behalf.
Alternatively, if you opt to pursue an insurance claim and negotiations with the liable party’s insurance company come to a standstill, your lawyer can notify you when you need to consider pursuing a lawsuit. While most cases settle out of court, you can take comfort that your attorney will monitor your case’s progression and alert you when necessary steps need to be taken.
Call Our Law Firm to Hire a New Iberia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we assist our clients throughout the litigation process and do everything we can to make their case ready for court or negotiations. Some of the legal duties we fulfill for our clients include:
- Investigating who the liable party or parties are in an accident.
- Gathering evidence from various sources to support a claim.
- Speaking on behalf of our clients during communications with insurance companies, other attorneys, and inquiring parties.
- Filing required case paperwork.
- Negotiating a potential settlement on our clients’ behalf.
- Representing them in court if necessary.
If you or a loved one was in a motorcycle accident and suffered severe injuries, you may be entitled to receive compensation from the negligent driver who caused the crash. Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 to have your case reviewed by one of our team members during a free consultation.