Data from Louisiana State University (LSU) reports that in 2021, there were 501 injuries reported from car accidents in New Iberia. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a recent collision, our New Iberia car accident lawyer can help you hold the responsible party accountable for your damages.
A Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers attorney can help you pursue financial recovery through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. After an accident, you should be able to focus on your injuries or mourning the death of a loved one while a legal representative handles your case. Getting started quickly can ensure our team has time to build your case while complying with state-imposed guidelines. A free consultation awaits when you contact us.
A Car Accident Lawyer Serving New Iberia Can Ease Your Legal Burden
Our New Iberia personal injury lawyers advocate for those who have suffered because of an accident that another party caused. We can represent you while you focus on your recovery and well-being.
When you hire our firm for your accident case, a New Iberia, LA attorney can assist you by:
- Speaking with you to fully understand the accident and your account of events
- Keeping you updated on the progression of the legal process
- Collecting and organizing evidence of the accident and the circumstances that caused it, including any proof of the other party’s negligence
- Examining your medical records to determine the extent of your injuries
- Filing your claim with the appropriate information
- Negotiating for a settlement offer from the other party’s insurance company
- Representing you before a judge should we be unable to reach an out-of-court agreement
Our contingency fee agreement means we take care of all this and more at no upfront cost to you. You won’t owe anything at all unless we deliver compensation from the liable party, and if we do, we’ll take our payment as a percentage of this award. Our team seeks to provide compassionate legal support without adding further financial worries to your plate.
Why Car Accident Victims Near New Iberia Choose Us
Our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is proud to have earned over 800 Google reviews with an average rating of five stars. You can hear from a few of our satisfied clients below:
- “The staff at Laborde & Earles is top notch. To the attorneys that handled my case (Kelby & Scott) to all the paralegals and other staff that assisted me with my case, all were awesome. Would highly recommend!!” — Kyle
- “Laborde Earles is the go to for attorneys. Kelby is awesome at what he does! Will definitely recommend him to anyone!” — Chauncey
- “They helped me when the other party’s insurance wouldn’t answer my calls! They got the job done and efficiently!” — Lacey
Our accident attorneys strive to give each of our personal injury clients the results they seek by providing quality service and care at all stages of the claims process.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving New Iberia, call (337) 777-7777
Proving the Four Elements of Negligence in Your New Iberia Car Accident Case
When determining who is responsible for your collision, our auto accident lawyer will need to collect information that establishes four elements of negligence in your case.
These four elements are:
- Duty of care: Anybody who holds a valid driver’s license and gets behind the wheel assumes a standard of care to travel safely and take precautions not to harm others.
- Breach of duty of care: A motorist violates their duty of care by engaging in reckless or otherwise dangerous behavior. For example, speeding, operating a vehicle while under the influence, and similar actions can cause an accident.
- Causation: We must prove that the other driver’s actions are what led to your auto accident.
- Damages: This element demonstrates that, as a result of your otherwise avoidable collision, you suffered injuries and other damages. In a wrongful death case, this means connecting your loved one’s fatal injuries to the collision.
After we have demonstrated the presence of these elements, we can move forward with pursuing the responsible party for your damages.
Driving Behaviors That May Qualify as Negligence
If another party caused your accident and resulting injuries, they may have committed an act of negligence. The Insurance Information Institute (III) cites data showing that the majority of collisions occur due to driver error.
One of the primary causes of car accidents today is distracted driving. Some examples of distracted driving include:
- Monitoring or posting to social media
- Accepting rideshare offers
- Making a phone call
- Adjusting the car’s entertainment system
- Eating food
- Drinking a beverage
- Restraining an animal
- Addressing other passengers
If distracted driving played a role in your accident, our legal team can take the necessary steps to investigate its cause. By examining the police report made at the scene, interviewing eyewitnesses, and even reviewing available traffic surveillance footage, we can pinpoint which of the motorist’s behaviors resulted in your injuries. This investigation will help us to prove fault.
New Iberia Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Compensation You May Be Entitled to for Your Injuries or Losses
Car accidents lead to many different types of injuries, from relatively minor bruising to severe brain injuries. Depending on the damages you suffer, you may be facing growing medical bills, as well as other expenses and losses. Through a personal injury case, you could recover compensation for:
- Past, present, and future accident-related medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Cost of physical rehabilitation or prolonged recovery assistance
- Psychological distress
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Loss of household benefits or income
You may also be able to collect damages for items that we have not listed here. For example, wrongful death damages address other expenses and losses your family could experience.
Deadlines for Filing a Lawsuit in Iberia Parish
Keep in mind that Louisiana’s statute of limitations for filing a civil action does not allow much time to prepare a personal injury case. According to CC Art. 3492, you only have one year from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit.
The wrongful death statute of limitations, CC Art. 2315.2, allows you one year from the date of a loved one’s passing to pursue damages. Our car accident lawyer in Iberia Parish can help you adhere to these deadlines to make sure your lawsuit is filed on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What To Do After an Iberia Parish Auto Accident
After your car accident, you should:
- Get medical attention. Even seemingly minor injuries can be more serious than you think. A doctor can evaluate your injuries and provide you with medical records that can be used as evidence.
- Contact the police and complete an accident report.
- Get the contact information of the other driver.
- Gather evidence at the scene of the accident if you are not too injured. This can include photos or videos of the damage to your vehicle and your injuries.
- Politely decline to speak to insurers. A car wreck lawyer from our firm can handle insurance companies for you to help you reach a fair settlement.
- Keep a daily journal about your experience after the accident. This can include information about your physical or mental state. Your car crash lawyer can use this information to prove that you deserve compensation.
Our car accident attorneys in Iberia Parish understand that you might be under a lot of stress following a crash. We can help you build a case to get you the compensation you need.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Discuss Your Collision Case for Free
While wondering whether legal representation is necessary in your case, consider this: handling these proceedings can be difficult by yourself. Determining liable parties, collecting evidence, and negotiating for your own damages can be overwhelming if you do not have an intricate knowledge of state law.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, your financial recovery is our first priority. Whether your collision occurred on East Main Street, Highway 90, or somewhere in between, we are on your side. For a free consultation on your New Iberia accident case, call our law office today.