Were you recently involved in a car accident? Did you attempt to exchange insurance information with the driver who hit you, only to discover that they did not have insurance coverage? If so, you may be wondering what your next steps should be.
How can you recover the compensation you are entitled to from a driver who does not have adequate auto insurance coverage? Fortunately, you can get the legal advice and support you need from our uninsured motorist accident lawyer serving New Iberia.
Recoverable Damages for Uninsured Motorist Accident Claims in Iberia Parish
When you have been involved in a car accident with an uninsured driver, you may be anxious to find out how much you could be awarded. It is not uncommon for injury victims to find themselves dealing with considerable financial losses, physical injuries, and psychological trauma related to the collision.
Fortunately, your uninsured motorist accident lawyer serving New Iberia will review your auto insurance policy to find out whether you can file a claim with your own insurance. When you are involved in a collision with an uninsured motorist, you still have the right to compensation for your losses.
Examples of damages that you could be entitled to include:
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses (current and future)
- Loss of an organ or limb
- Skin scarring
- Reputational damages
- Psychological distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorist accident lawyer serving New Iberia, call (337) 777-7777
How Our Firm Can Help With Your Uninsured Motorist Accident Case
When you’ve been involved in a collision with an uninsured driver, your case is automatically more complicated. You may not be able to file a claim with the defendant’s insurance company. However, that does not mean you are without legal options.
Our uninsured motorist accident attorneys in New Iberia are prepared to:
- Review your options for financial recovery
- Determine whether you can file a claim with your own auto insurer
- Open up an investigation into the cause of your accident
- Ascertain whether another party’s negligence contributed to your injuries
- Gather compelling evidence to prove fault in your accident claim
- Calculate the value of your uninsured motorist accident lawsuit
- Advocate for your rights with the insurer
- Fight for a total recovery of your damages before a judge and jury if your uninsured motorist accident claim needs to go to trial
New Iberia Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Case Results and Client Reviews
Our uninsured car accident lawyers always prioritize our client’s needs. Here’s what our former clients have had to say about working with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers:
- “We met in the curve, and we hit head on. I knew the hospital bill was going to be way more than we could imagine. They helped me a lot. If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be in the position I am right now. I would have nothing. They took care of everything for me. Digger got me back on my feet.” – Carl
- “I woke up and I was lying on my stomach, facedown in a ditch. David was a phenomenal individual. I felt secure; I felt that he was protecting me and my family, and he was going to get us what we deserved. He was a great lawyer and went above and beyond.” – Kelsie
- “Jordan has been great at keeping in contact with me about my case. All my questions were answered. I will use labored Earle’s injury attorneys if I ever need them again. She was very easy to talk to. She gets 2 thumbs up from me.” – Nonie
What Does It Cost to Hire an Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer in New Iberia?
After a collision with an uninsured motorist, you have already been through enough. It may be difficult for you to come up with the costs you would otherwise need to hire an attorney.
However, when you choose our attorneys to take on your case, you can work with our team on a contingency-fee basis. We will never charge you any upfront costs or expect you to put money down. Instead, we will absorb the risk of taking on your case, and you will pay us back when we win. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Statute of Limitations for New Iberia Uninsured Motorist Accident Claims
You must get your uninsured motorist accident lawsuit filed before the statute of limitations expires.
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Louisiana is strict. You will have just one year to get your claim filed before this deadline expires, per CC. Art. 3492. If your claim is not filed before the statute of limitations runs out, the Iberia Parish civil courts may bar you from pursuing your case.
Liability in Uninsured Motorist Accidents
When you’ve been injured in an accident with an uninsured motorist, it is easier to assume that the uninsured driver is responsible for causing your injuries. However, this may not always be the case. Our team will need to carefully investigate to determine how your accident occurred.
Just because a driver does not have sufficient auto insurance coverage does not necessarily mean they were operating their vehicle in an unsafe or negligent manner. For this reason, having your attorney investigate liability in your case may be beneficial if you hope to recover the compensation you deserve.
Call an Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer Serving New Iberia for Help
Uninsured motorist accident claims can be particularly complex. When you are pursuing legal action against the driver who is responsible for hitting you, and they do not have sufficient insurance coverage, it can seem like an uphill battle.
Fortunately, an uninsured motorist accident lawyer serving New Iberia is here to help. Contact our office today for a no-cost, risk-free consultation and find out how to recover your damages despite the liable party’s lack of coverage.