Traffic accidents can bring injuries that require extensive medical treatment and downtime from work. Victims of such collisions could be an Uber driver, passenger, another motorist, or an innocent bystander going about their daily business. Determining who is at fault is not always easy as people deny guilt, and there could be mitigating factors under consideration.
Regardless of the circumstances, you might wish to hold the responsible entity accountable for harming you. You can contact a Maxie Uber accident lawyer to discuss your case and negotiate fair compensation.
How an Uber Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Since its creation in 2009, Uber’s astronomical success has earned it 71% of the U.S. rideshare market over industry challengers like Lyft. The company is gradually recovering from the aftershocks of Covid-19 and returning to its pre-pandemic profitability levels.
Despite this success, Uber is no stranger to claims and bad publicity for many reasons, like safety.
The company has paid out $161.9 million in settlements in the past. If you were harmed in an Uber accident, you might be entitled to compensation to cater for your medical bills and help you get back on your feet. For the best outcome, your Maxie Uber accident lawyer will do the following:
- Investigate the contributing factors of your accident: Many factors could lead to the accident, such as vehicle malfunctioning due to a software defect, poor signage, and distracted driving.
- Identify who is responsible: Accidents are complicated, and their causes could be linked to another entity besides the person behind the wheel. For instance, Uber may have failed to perform routine car inspections and maintenance, thus leading to the accident.
- Liaise with insurance adjusters: Uber has robust insurance policies, and its insurer will be keen to investigate the accident and see if they need to pay. Your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance adjusters to reach an agreement.
- Estimate future expenses: Your current medical bills may fade compared to what is yet to come if you sustain serious injuries. Your lawyer will liaise with medical experts to determine how many future treatments you need and their cost.
- Handle medical bills: Recovering from your injuries is challenging enough without dealing with the billing department harassing you for money. Your lawyer will ensure all bills get paid in due course, even as the litigation stretches for weeks or months.
- Accept a fair settlement: It’s common for accident victims to grow weary of elongated claims and wish to accept any compensation. Our attorney is familiar with this process and will push until you get paid what you deserve.
- Go to court: Sometimes things don’t go as planned, and you may have to litigate. If push comes to shove, your lawyer will prepare for a courtroom trial and represent you until a verdict is delivered. Your lawyer can appeal if you find the verdict unjust.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
The Main Causes of Uber Accidents in Maxie
Traffic accidents are on the rise for many reasons, which translates to more people getting hurt or dying and property damage. Here are the leading causes of road crashes:
- Distracted Driving: This could be operating smartphones behind the wheel, eating, chatting away with passengers, or grooming. Any activity that shifts focus from the road jeopardizes everyone’s safety.
- Driving While Intoxicated: A blood alcohol content above 0.8 triggers a DUI charge. Hundreds of deadly crashes in Louisiana every year arise from alcohol impairment.
- Traffic Conditions: Gridlocks and crowding on roads are leading contributors to traffic accidents. Weather conditions can also slow down traffic or make it dangerous to drive.
- Reckless Driving: Motorists who don’t adhere to traffic rules regarding speed limits and other essential road signs are likely to cause accidents.
- Road Rage: Aggressive behavior, such as verbal insults and physical threats, can cause accidents. Road rage is linked to motorists’ environmental and psychological factors, like displaced anger.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
What You Should Do After an Uber Accident
Your body is designed to withstand many things, but a car accident’s impact can be excessive. You may seem fine, but getting medical attention is the best way to know the status of your health. First responders will examine you at the scene and then transfer you to a hospital for further observation and treatment.
If you are lucky to survive a crash unscathed or with minor injuries, take the following measures:
Check If Everyone Is Okay
Being involved in an accident is scary, not to mention when you’re carrying passengers like children or an older adult. Inspect yourself for injuries and check to see if other people are well. Of course, you may not grasp the full extent of the injuries until paramedics assess you.
Call the Police
Reporting an accident is crucial so authorities can launch an investigation and draft an accident report. You can do this by simply dialing 911, and you will be connected to the nearest precinct. Please let the dispatcher know if you or another passenger sustained injuries or need medical treatment.
Please speak to the other drivers involved and get their insurance information, full names, home addresses, telephone numbers, and license numbers. If the other motorist is uncooperative, get their number plates and give them to the police when they arrive. Meanwhile, avoid confrontations or admission of guilt even when you suspect the accident was your fault.
Speak to witnesses and get their account of what transpired. Accidents can leave you disoriented for a while and unable to recall some facts. Witnesses can help fill in the blanks and testify if the case goes to trial. Note their contact information.
Document the Scene
Take photos of the damaged cars, shattered glass, blood, and other meaningful images of the accident scene. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers advises clients to document injuries and take wide-angle pictures for clarity.
Value Your Property Damage
Your insurance agency will conduct a damage valuation to determine how much the repairs will cost. If you disagree with the adjuster’s assessment, contact our lawyers for an independent valuation.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for Legal Counsel
Were you injured while traveling in an Uber? If you were, contact a Maxie Uber accident lawyer to investigate your claim and file a compensation charge against Uber. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we work tirelessly to win the highest settlements and trial verdicts for clients like you.
We treat every client with respect and compassion toward their dire situation. Let us handle the legal process while you focus on healing from your injuries. Contact us today for a free case review and legal counsel.