After an Uber accident in Mandeville, consider hiring a Mandeville Uber accident lawyer to assist you in dealing with the complicated Uber insurance policies. Uber drivers are considered independent workers in the eyes of the rideshare company. Therefore, Uber can easily deny liability for an accident involving their drivers. Your best move as an Uber driver or passenger is to contact a lawyer that can deal with such claims.
A lawyer can help prepare a strong claim and offer legal representation to sue Uber. Having a legal team on your side increases your chances of a successful claim.
The Role of a Mandeville Uber Accident Lawyer
Uber accidents can present many complications in an injury claim, including several insurance policies and confusing guidelines regarding coverage. Hiring a Mandeville Uber accident lawyer will help you understand the complex Uber laws and insurance policies. Your lawyer shall safeguard your interest against Uber and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Here are more ways a lawyer could help after the accident:
- Offer professional advice, support, and guidance from start to end of your claim
- Investigate your case thoroughly and present credible evidence
- Identify the party at fault and the degree of the fault where multiple parties are liable
- Negotiate on your behalf with the insurance provider
- Determine the value of your claim based on medical bills, pain, suffering, and lost income
- Identify all possible opportunities for financial compensation
- Present an irrefutable case to a jury if a reasonable amount of settlement cannot be reached
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident lawyer serving Mandeville, call (337) 777-7777
Uber Driver Insurance Protection During Uber Use
Uber considers their drivers as independent contractors and not their employees. Therefore, Uber drivers can be held liable for accidents. Hence, it’s a requirement for all Uber drivers to have personal auto insurance coverage.
Uber has a coverage of $ 1 million if the driver is at fault and is carrying a passenger. However, the Uber driver’s auto insurance must be spent first; the $1 million liability coverage will cover the rest. If you’re at work but don’t have a passenger or are on route to pick up a passenger and an accident happens, the insurance coverage will reduce drastically.
Mandeville Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Circumstances Where the Uber Insurance Coverage Changes
Different scenarios can affect the Uber insurance coverage for the driver and the passenger, including:
- The Uber Driver’s App Is Off: When the Uber app is off, the driver depends on their personal auto insurance. Therefore, if an Uber driver is responsible for an accident when the Uber app is off, their personal auto insurance will cover them.
- The Uber Driver’s App Is On but No Passenger Is in the Vehicle: Uber provides supplemental liability insurance and Uber driver’s car insurance when the driver is working. If the driver’s app is on at the time of the accident but no passenger is in the car, the driver’s auto insurance is first used. This coverage applies if the Uber driver requests it and when their auto insurance doesn’t cover everything.
- The App Is On and the Driver Is Carrying a Passenger: Uber provides insurance coverage of up to $1 million if the driver is liable for the accident and carrying a passenger. This policy also covers any injured third parties, such as pedestrians, bikers, or other vehicle occupants. The Uber driver’s auto insurance is exhausted first. Then, the liability coverage will cover the rest.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage With Uber: Drivers can cause car accidents without any or enough auto insurance. Uninsured or underinsured coverage can protect you and your passenger if an accident is caused by a driver who has no insurance. Uber typically carries $1 million of uninsured and underinsured insurance coverage for accidents caused by a driver without personal auto insurance.
Statute of Limitations
Like many other states, Louisiana has a statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims against liable drivers and other at-fault parties after car accidents. The statute of limitations (CC Art. 3492) is one year after the date of the accident. This means that you might lose your right to sue the liable party for financial compensation if a period of more than one year has passed since the accident.
Steps You Should Take After an Uber Accident
Take the following steps after an Uber accident in Mandeville to protect your rights and increase the chances of a successful claim:
- Seek Medical Treatment: After an Uber accident, seek immediate medical care from a medical professional. The medical records will show the extent of your injuries and the expenses incurred. It’s also advisable to keep a history of your medical reports as evidence for your claim.
- Take Videos and Pictures: If your car has been involved in an accident, ensure you use your phone to take pictures showing damage to your vehicle. If the other driver is at fault, take a photo of their license and insurance information for future reference.
- Inform the Police: After an Uber accident, ensure the investigating officer knows your recollection of the events and all the victims. As a victim, you are entitled to a copy of the accident crash report upon request. This document can help strengthen your case.
- Hire a Lawyer: You should enlist the services of a personal injury lawyer since Uber accidents have complex insurance coverage issues. Our Mandeville Uber accident lawyer will investigate your case and ensure you receive just compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review
If you’re an Uber driver or passenger in Mandeville and Uber has denied liability for an accident you were in, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to get legal representation. You don’t have to face an uphill battle on your own against Uber or its insurance provider.
We’ll safeguard your interests during the claim process and help you navigate the complex rideshare laws and insurance policies. Call us today to schedule a free case review and get legal help.