If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, the best way to describe the accident is to calmly recall as many details as possible. It might be helpful to write your description down and share it with one of our team members. Try to remember as many details as you can about the lead-up to the collision including the other involved vehicle’s actions.
When you decide to pursue the at-fault driver for compensation, we guide you through the best way to describe your car accident while listening for critical details that help us prove the at-fault driver was negligent. Proving their negligence also proves you are entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and physical and emotional pain and suffering.
Evidence That Supports Your Description
When we handle your case, our team collects evidence that proves your right to compensation. After listening to your version of events, we collect the following corresponding evidence that proves the at-fault driver’s negligence and liability:
- The car accident report: Identifies the cause of the accident and the at-fault driver’s condition at the time of the collision
- Medical records: Document your injuries and their cause and location
- Photos and videos: Reveal the damage to both vehicles and where each was impacted
- Witness statements: Share objective observations and opinions on what happened immediately prior to the collision
The receipts and estimates for your vehicle’s damage or replacement can also help prove the cause of the accident and its extent.
Recover These Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Once we prove the fault for the accident was not yours, we prove the accident’s costs. As part of your compensation request, you are entitled to the following types of recoverable damages:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future loss of income
- Future lost earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Mental and emotional pain and suffering
The evidence we collect to prove these damages include medical bills, medication lists, employment records, car repair estimates, and car replacement costs. We compile all your evidence into a comprehensive and well-organized case file and submit it to the at-fault driver’s legal or insurance representative.
Do Not Wait to Request Your Damages
In Louisiana, the personal injury statute of limitations is generally one year, according to CC Art. 3492. The wrongful death statute of limitations is also generally one year, according to CC Art. 2315.2.
Filing your lawsuit on time is mandatory, so our team will explain the relevant statute of limitations and any factors that may alter it. When we get involved in your case sooner rather than later, we also have the opportunity to interview witnesses while their memories are vivid and to canvas the accident scene for smartphone photos and videos or residential and commercial surveillance video.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Why Our Car Accident Team Is Right for You
When we represent you, we focus hard on proving the at-fault driver’s negligence. We also handle all relevant communication for you including claim forms, court filings, depositions, and discovery sessions. Our team also:
- Calculates the financial value of your lawsuit
- Negotiates an appropriate financial settlement
- Updates you on any changes in your case
You are never alone in any part of your case. In addition to legal support, we also make sure you get the kindness, compassion, and encouragement you need to foster an optimal physical recovery.
We Make Every Injured Client Our Priority
When you browse our case results page, you can see the types of monetary awards we won for previous clients. Clients we previously won financial recovery for often leave reviews like these:
- “Madeleine Brumley provided helpful and clear legal information. She was also compassionate and patient.” – Dayna Haynie
- “Took their time and explained to me what’s gonna happen and how. If anyone was injured, I refer them to Laborde Earles.” – Reginald Lonzo
- “Laborde Earles is a top-notch firm with wonderful staff. They took great care of me and got me more than I thought was possible.” – Kelsey Guidry
- “Laborde Earles provided excellent service when I needed help… I highly recommend Laborde Earles to anyone.” – Elizabeth Caillier
- “All staff was helpful and made us feel like family. Took care of every detail and we didn’t have to worry about anything.” – Amanda Fontenot
Our clients are our priority, so we make sure your case gets the attention to detail it deserves. We also ensure our staff is accommodating, cooperative, kind, and compassionate.
Get Immediate Help After a Car Accident
Are you seeking compensation after being injured in an accident? Our personal injury team can help you describe the accident, prove the at-fault driver’s liability, and fight for monetary compensation. Find out what else we can do for you by calling our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team at (337) 777-7777 today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form