Car accidents are emotionally and physically taxing, and the victim may require extensive resources for complete recovery. On most occasions, the insurance company liable for your injuries will try and entice you with a settlement offer that is less than what you deserve. It is highly advisable to consult a Carencro Uber accident lawyer before accepting any offer. This way, you will have time to focus on your injuries while your lawyer negotiates with the insurance company on your behalf.
What Should I Do at the Accident Scene?
If you were in an Uber and an accident happens, take the actions below:
Instruct your driver to move the car from oncoming traffic. If this is not possible, move yourself to a secure place. After that, check yourself and any other passengers for injuries. If a person has broken bones, it is imperative to avoid moving them till emergency medical services arrive.
Call Emergency Services
Call 911 as soon as you can so they can come and create a crash report of the accident. A police report will help build your case. After that, call emergency medical services to attend to anyone severely injured following the accident.
You should seek medical assistance even if your injuries are minor because medical records are essential in proving that your injuries were a result of the accident. Without medical records, the insurance company lawyers will argue that there is no way to verify the injuries you sustained are from the accident.
Collect as Much Evidence as Possible
If possible, take pictures or videos of the accident scene, talk with eyewitnesses, and exchange pertinent information with everyone involved. You can also obtain CCTV footage that may have captured the accident from surrounding buildings.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident lawyer serving Carencro, call (337) 777-7777
Am I Eligible for Compensation?
A car accident is bound to cause you suffering, whether economic or non-economic. Therefore, you should have compensation.
Economic losses are easy to calculate and can include:
- Medical bills for the emergency care (ambulance fees) and any subsequent hospital bills
- The income you have lost due to being unable to work
- Property damage, e.g., if your phone broke
- Loss of earning capacity, e.g., if your leg broke yet you are a truck driver
- Non-economic losses are harder to quantify and can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Disability or physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Lack of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of continuum (companionship)
Carencro Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What Happens if the At-Fault Party Doesn’t Have Insurance?
Assuming you have already started your Uber trip and the at-fault Uber driver does not have insurance, you can file a claim against the Uber company and receive compensation. This is because Uber has an uninsured motorist coverage policy.
The liability for Uber insurance claims depends on the driver’s status:
- The accident happened while the app was off: Uber insurance does not apply; the driver’s personal insurance provides coverage.
- The accident happened when the app was on and the driver was waiting for a ride request: Uber liability coverage applies if personal insurance does not.
- The accident happened while the driver was picking up passengers or during a ride: Uber liability coverage applies.
How Is a Car Accident Settlement Determined?
Due to the unpredictable nature of an accident, every case is determined depending on the specifics of your accident. However, the settlement will depend on a few common factors.
- Will you ever fully recover? If so, how long is the recovery process?
- What injuries did you sustain, and how will they affect you moving forward?
- How much have you spent on medical care, and how much will it cost you in the future?
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Below are a few things a personal injury lawyer does:
- Provide insurance companies with the necessary evidence about your accident when negotiating a settlement on your behalf
- Analyze the crash report from the police and note anything you could have missed
- If you do not reach a settlement agreement with the insurance company, file your claim in court
- Advise you on the way forward at each step
- Draft up a fitting settlement deal depending on your case
- Notify you of the court proceedings and court dates
Is It Worth Hiring a Carencro Uber Accident Lawyer?
Insurance companies hire lawyers to help them avoid colossal settlement claims. It is their job to try and discredit your case, and they could succeed if you do not have the backing of an accident lawyer.
Hiring a Carencro Uber accident lawyer will increase your odds of obtaining a favorable settlement. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we will examine your case, gather any information you could have missed, and build you a comprehensive claim.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay us any fees until your case is settled. We will take the attorney fees from the trial award after obtaining a settlement for you. If your case does not receive any settlement, you won’t be liable to pay us any legal fees.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
The deadline for filing a case is known as the statute of limitations (CC Art. 3492). In Carencro, the statute of limitations is one year from the date the car accident occurred. However, the deadline is even shorter if you are suing a government entity or if the accident caused a fatality. This is one of the reasons you should call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers as soon as the accident occurs for a one-time free consultation.
Has Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Helped Others Like Me?
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you with your car accident case. We have helped people receive the compensation they need. So far, we have managed to recover $600 million in settlements for our clients. Contact us to speak with a Carencro Uber accident lawyer today.