If you were injured in a side-impact collision in Metairie, Louisiana, you might be eligible to collect compensation for your losses. A Metairie side-impact collisions lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to work with you to build your personal injury case. Our services may include collecting evidence, determining who might be held responsible for your damages, and preparing your case for the settlement negotiation or court stages.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777 for a chance to speak with a member of our team for free about your case. We can relay your legal options and discuss how to begin preparing your case during this call.
Our Team May Be Able to Help You Pinpoint the Cause of Your Side-Impact Crash
Side-impact collisions, as the name suggests, generally involve a vehicle striking another vehicle on one of its sides. They can be as minor as a light scraping during an improper lane change to as major as a T-bone accident in an intersection. Depending on the severity of the side-impact collision, a victim can sustain severe injuries.
Some common causes for side-impact collisions include:
- Speeding: the at-fault driver might have been speeding and ran a red light or made a sharp turn. Alternatively, they might have been weaving through traffic and did not prepare for or expect another vehicle to merge into the same lane they were entering, causing a collision.
- Drunk driving: alcohol and other forms of substance use are common causes for any type of accident. Drinking alcohol before driving can impair the motorist’s judgment, reflex response, and vision.
- Distracted driving: if a driver takes their attention off the road, they might not notice a traffic signal light turning red or a stop sign at the corner of an intersection.
- Brake failure: if a vehicle’s brakes are faulty, it might prevent the driver from being able to stop safely, which could become deadly if they are unable to brake before entering an intersection with crossing traffic.
- Poor weather conditions: slippery roads covered in rain or snow can become a challenge for drivers who do not prepare to come to a full stop well in advance. Fog might also block a driver’s vision, which might become an obstacle when making turns.
If you were injured in a side-impact collision, you might be able to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the responsible party. Depending on what caused the accident, you may be able to demand compensation from:
- The other driver
- The other driver’s employer, if a commercial vehicle caused your accident
- A maintenance company that worked on a vehicle in your accident
- The local government office that maintains road conditions
For a free legal consultation with a side-impact collisions lawyer serving Metairie, call (337) 777-7777
A Metairie Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Can Offer Several Services
If you decide to work with a Metairie side-impact collisions lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on your case, our legal team can provide the following services:
We Can Start Helping You from the Moment You Call
When you call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777, we start taking notes on your case to create a client profile for you. We offer a free case evaluation to all prospective clients and are happy to answer your questions about your legal options during this call.
We Can Help You Collect Evidence
Your car accident case most likely has a paper trail, but it can take a few steps and some elbow grease to pin it down. If you are having difficulty accessing certain pieces of evidence, our staff may be able to help you retrieve them. This evidence may include:
- The crash report
- Traffic camera footage or surveillance footage of businesses or residential areas near the accident scene
- Witness testimony
- Expert testimony, such as from accident reconstruction analysts
- Medical records
- Mechanic testimony
We Can Prepare Your Compensation Demand Letter
No two car accidents are the same, which means there is not a standard figure for compensation demands in personal injury cases. You also cannot list an arbitrary number either. Your compensation will be based on the total amount of your damages, which may include both financial and personal losses.
Your lawyer may be able to help you estimate the value of your case by calculating the costs of your financial damages. These damages may include:
- Medical treatment, including surgeries, copays for doctor’s appointments, and medical equipment devices
- Property damage
- Income loss, including both past and future losses
Afterward, your lawyer may consider how your general losses impacted your life. These damages might include:
- Your pain and suffering
- Mental or emotional anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- Loss of ability to perform daily activities
Your lawyer may suggest other damages to consider adding to your compensation demand letter.
We Can Keep Track of Your Case
If you decide to file a lawsuit, you must file it within the statute of limitations in Louisiana. According to the Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, you typically must file your personal injury lawsuit within one year of the accident.
Your legal team can keep track of this deadline by looking at the date on your crash report and inform you when civil action needs to take place in your case.
Metairie Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Is on Your Side
If you would like a lawyer to help you file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit, our team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to help you get the job done. If your side-impact collision occurred in Metairie, we might be able to assign a Metairie side-impact collisions lawyer from our firm to work on your case.
Call (504) 777-7777 today for a free case evaluation with one of our team members.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form