When a company releases a product to the public, it must ensure the product is safe. Yet, each year, negligent manufacturers release defective and dangerous products––harming countless people.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries after using a defective product, you deserve compensation for your losses. A Baton Rouge product liability lawyer from our team can pursue what you need. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers is ready to champion your legal rights.
Our Team Encourages Prompt Legal Action
Compared to other states, Louisiana has a short statute of limitations. You could have just one year to file your lawsuit. This deadline begins from the date you suffered harm or when you discovered your injuries.
It’s vital to consider your legal options promptly. If the deadline expires on your case, this would prevent you from filing a lawsuit. Then, if insurance negotiations don’t work out, you could have few financial recovery options.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Baton Rouge, call (337) 777-7777
We Manage Product Liability Cases Involving These Factors
We advocate for product liability claimants who have suffered harm because of:
- Poorly-designed products: A design defect refers to an inherent fault in the product’s design that makes it dangerous to the consumer. The flaw impacts the entire product line instead of a single unit. An example would be a line of medications that causes adverse side effects in consumers.
- Manufacturing defects: Manufacturing defects only occur in specific units or batches of products. The defect may occur due to errors during the product’s construction or production.
- Labeling defects: Labeling defects occur when products don’t have warning labels or certain instructions. For instance, a medication with inaccurate dosage instructions could harm the consumer.
USA.gov notes that some commonly recalled products include foodstuffs, cosmetics, child car seats, medications, toys, and vehicles. Remember: you can seek compensation even if the defective product in question was not recalled.
Baton Rouge Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Our Product Liability Team In Baton Rouge Can Manage Your Case
When you partner with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on your case, we will:
Pursue Your Injury-Related Losses
We want you to recover each of your losses, which may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost income
- Any home or vehicle modifications needed to accommodate a disability
- Property repair or replacement costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Some damages, specifically those that are non-economic in nature, can be challenging to calculate. Our product liability attorneys serving Baton Rouge have extensive experience handling cases similar to yours. We can use our expertise to place a fair value on your claim and seek what you need.
Prove Your Right To Damages
Product liability cases operate on strict liability. You don’t have to prove that another party’s negligence harmed you. Instead, you must show that the defective product hurt you, and you suffered various damages.
We will use the defective product itself, your proof-of-purchase statements, and your medical records to support your case.
Determine Fault And Liability
One or more parties may bear liability for your losses. These parties may include:
- A product manufacturer: The company that manufactured the defective product may hold financial responsibility for your losses.
- A retailer: Retailers must ensure the products they sell are reasonably safe to use. For instance, a retailer that doesn’t store medication at an appropriate temperature puts consumers at risk of harm.
- A wholesaler or distributor: These are the middlemen between the manufacturer and the consumer. Essentially, any parties involved in getting you the product may be liable.
If you are considering moving forward with a product liability claim, consider getting an attorney in Baton Rouge by your side. We can identify all possible liable parties and pursue your losses.
Manage Your Case’s Obligations––Both Big And Small
Hiring a product liability attorney from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has several benefits. We will:
- Identify liability: Your product liability attorney will conduct a meticulous investigation to identify which parties may be at fault for your losses. As noted, these parties can include product designers, manufacturers, engineers, distributors, and more.
- Gather evidence: Your lawyer will find and use evidence to support your case. They may consult with field experts (such as product designers or engineers) to assert your right to damages.
- Avoid case-threatening mistakes: Mistakes can cause denials or delays in claim approvals. An attorney will ensure that all your paperwork is filled wholly and that no vital documents are missing. Your attorney will also explain what post-accident measures could bolster your claim.
- Negotiate with the insurer: Our team will confidently negotiate with the liable insurer, seeking a fair settlement. We resolve many product liability cases through this route. Negotiations involve understanding your injuries’ severity, damages’ cost, and more.
- Represent you in court: If the defendant or insurance company does not agree to a fair out-of-court settlement, we will file a lawsuit.
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, our Baton Rouge product liability lawyers have the expertise and resources to take on even the largest retailers and manufacturers. We will always protect your rights and fight for maximum compensation.
We Advocate For People Who Have Suffered These Conditions In Baton Rouge
After using a faulty or defective product, you may have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord trauma
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Using defective products can also cause various illnesses, from cancers to respiratory problems. Whether you suffered an injury or illness, we’re prepared to pursue what you need from the liable party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Begin Your Free Case Review With Our Baton Rouge Injury Team
If you or a loved one want legal guidance after suffering from a defective product, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to help.
Our Baton Rouge product liability attorneys will verify the legitimacy of your claim and explain how we can pursue compensation for your losses. We handle cases on a contingency-fee basis; you do not owe us anything until we secure a settlement for you. Call today to learn more.