We trust companies to make and sell us products that are safe and work as intended. Sometimes, products have defects that make them dangerous, even if you’re using them as you’re meant to. In addition, some products may be inherently dangerous even when used as intended, yet they don’t have proper warnings that ensure we use them properly.
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries due to a dangerous or defective product, you can hold the companies that designed, produced, distributed, and sold the product accountable for their negligence. A Catahoula product liability lawyer can review your case, calculate your damages, and help you take legal action to recover the compensation you deserve.
Get Compensation for Your Product Liability Injuries
Product liability injuries can range from minor to severe. Some victims succumb to their injuries or are killed while using a dangerous or defective product. While no amount of money can take away the pain you’re feeling, it can help you and your family overcome accident-related financial challenges and give you a sense of justice for your suffering.
Here are some of the economic and noneconomic damages we can help you recover in a product liability case:
- Medical bills for emergency care, surgery, testing, prescriptions, specialist visits, and more
- Future medical expenses, such as rehabilitation, ongoing testing and treatment, and use of assistive medical devices as the injury worsens over time
- Lost wages and benefits due to being out of work during recovery
- Reduced earning potential if you become disabled after your product-related injury
- Wrongful death benefits like funeral and burial expenses, accident-related medical bills, and loss of household income support
- Pain and suffering
- Disability, scarring, mobility issues, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of emotional support
The product liability lawyer serving Catahoula from our firm can calculate all of your relevant damages. That way you can fight for a comprehensive settlement that meets the needs of you and your family.
How Much Compensation Can I Get for My Product-Related Injury?
According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), victims who receive compensation from negligent companies through product liability claims may get hundreds of dollars to millions in settlement. That makes it hard to give you an estimate of how much your product liability case may be. There are many factors that can affect the amount of compensation you’re awarded, including:
- How old you were when the accident occurred
- How the product injured you
- How severe your injuries are
- How much your medical expenses cost
- The number of at-fault parties in your case
We provide a free consultation to anyone injured by a dangerous and defective product so you can find out, free of charge, what kinds of damages you can fight for and how much you could get.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Catahoula, call (337) 777-7777
Types of Product Liability Cases We Handle
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we’re not afraid to face large corporations that create, distribute, and sell dangerous products. We have helped clients fight for rightful compensation after suffering an injury or illness due to:
- Defective products: Those with features that pose a risk, even when the product is used as intended, or that lack safety features or warnings.
- Dangerous products: Those that are inherently dangerous but may lack proper safety warnings.
- Dangerous drugs: Prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines that don’t work as intended and even cause adverse side effects or other conditions. These can also include drugs that don’t have adequate warnings, instructions for use, and other important information.
- Defective medical devices: These can be defective in design or manufacturing, lack adequate warnings, or are found to cause damage or adverse side effects.
Some of the most common defective and dangerous products that cause injury or illness include:
- Auto parts, including tires, brakes, seat belts, steering wheels and systems, and airbags
- Household products, like appliances, cleaners, electronics, and furniture
- Medical devices like surgical mesh or implantable devices
- Drugs like Zantac, Prilosec, and Abilify
- Toys, especially those with small parts
Catahoula Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
A Product Liability Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help Your Case
Product liability cases can be complex — there could be multiple negligent parties at fault, they likely have skilled legal teams, they may try to undermine your claim, even though there could be a lot of evidence that proves one of the theories or product liability. But gathering evidence, proving negligence, and filing paperwork can be a huge hassle on your own, even if you weren’t trying to recover from your injury or grieving a lost loved one.
That’s why it’s important to work with a product liability lawyer. Our product liability attorney serving Catahoula can handle every step of the process, including:
- Collecting evidence linking the product’s defect or dangerous features to your injuries and subsequent damages
- Determining which theory or theories of product liability on which to base your claim
- Identifying all negligent parties and potential sources of compensation
- Communicating with opposing legal teams and insurance companies
- Filing claims and negotiating a just settlement
- Filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault parties
- Represent you in court as necessary
We can do all this and more for no upfront costs to you. That’s because we know the financial challenges facing clients suffering from injuries or grief due to a product-related injury. We take many cases on a contingency-fee basis, so you don’t owe us unless we recover compensation for you.
How We Pursue a Product Liability Case
According to the Louisiana Products Liability Act outlined in RS 9:2800.51, there are four theories of product liability that we can use to prove a manufacturer, retailer, or other provider was negligent. Per RS 9:2800.54, those four theories are:
- Design defect, such as one that was never caught or caught but not fixed
- Manufacturing defect, such as in its construction, assembly, or packing
- Marketing defect, including lack of proper warnings, adequate instructions for use, and more
- Defect of express warranty based on claims made by the company about the product
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations May Impact Your Product Liability Case
In general, you have one year from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent party, including a company that produced a dangerous or defective product (CC Art. 3492). You typically have one year from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party that caused their injury or death, including for a product liability-related death (CC Art. 2315.2).
Your product liability attorney can help you determine how the statute of limitations applies in your case.
Choose Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for Your Product Liability Case
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has over 100 years of combined legal experience. We use our experience and knowledge of Louisiana’s complex product liability laws to fight on behalf of our clients for justice and compensation they deserve. Contact our office today for a free consultation about your Catahoula product liability case.