The aftermath of an accident in a Lyft rideshare vehicle can be confusing. Your injuries and recovery can be time-consuming. In addition, Louisiana generally imposes a one-year time limit on your right to file a lawsuit. The process of seeking compensation is further complicated because the accident involved a rideshare driver.
Our Forest Hill Lyft accident lawyers will help you navigate the financial recovery process. We start by reviewing your case at no cost. From there, we conduct our own investigation into its cause. Our attorneys handle evidence collection and communication with the driver or with Lyft’s insurance company. At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we handle all the details of building your case so you can concentrate on getting better.
Let Our Lyft Accident Attorney Serving Forest Hill, LA, Fight for You
In a collision with a private driver, you know which insurance company to pursue for damages—theirs. In an accident with a Lyft driver, determining which insurer to pursue can be a more complicated matter.
Our law firm will explain how rideshare insurance works. In general, Lyft insurance provides the following coverage options:
- If their driver is off-app, coverage will come from their private insurance provider.
- If the driver is on-app and awaiting a ride request, coverage can come from the driver’s private insurer or from Lyft’s insurer. If Lyft coverage applies, it includes $50,000 per person or $100,000 per accident for bodily injuries. It also includes $25,000 per accident for property damage.
- If the driver is on their way to a passenger or actively transporting one, Lyft’s coverage typically applies. It can include at least $1,000,000 for third-party auto liability.
Leave the insurance company to us. We will make sure your claim is filed with the right insurer and work to hold it liable for its policyholder’s actions.
Our Law Firm Will Prove The Negligence That Caused Your Accident
You could be entitled to compensation if you were a passenger in a Lyft vehicle or were another driver or pedestrian struck by the rideshare car. In either case, we investigate the crash to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence. The elements of negligence include:
- Duty: The responsibility to drive safely, including obeying all rules of the road
- Breach: Failure to do so, including distracted, drowsy, or intoxicated driving
- Causation: The at-fault driver’s negligence caused your accident and injuries
- Damages: The financial consequences of your recovery and property damage
To establish these required legal components, we build a strong evidence file on your behalf.
We Will Build a Compelling Evidence File
Your case file will contain two types of evidence—proof of the cause of the accident and proof of its subsequent costs. Some evidence will serve both categories. Your robust case file will include the following:
- Medical records and bills
- Proof of income
- Car accident report
- Medical referrals
- Accident scene photos
- Injury photos
- Surveillance videos
- Witness statements
We also include your own statement about the accident and its impact on your life. Our goal is to ensure the costs of your current and future post-accident injuries are covered. This statement, along with your medical prognosis, plays a role in your monetary recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident lawyer serving Forest Hill, call (337) 777-7777
Our Lyft Accident Lawyers Serving Forest Hill, LA, Will Assess Your Compensation
Whether you are a passenger in the Lyft car or the driver or passenger in the other involved vehicle, you can sustain serious injuries. You are entitled to recover damages when negligence caused the collision.
Economic damages you can recover include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income loss
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
Non-economic damages you can recover include:
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
If a loved one was fatally injured, our Lyft accident attorneys in Forest Hill, LA, will help you recover a range of wrongful death damages. We work hard to reach a fair and appropriate settlement for you. If one cannot be reached, our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team will represent you in court and keep fighting for compensation.
Lyft Accident Lawsuits Have A Time Limit
To seek compensation after a Lyft accident, you must file a lawsuit within the time allotted by the state. In most cases, your case will settle out of court. If the negotiation process is prolonged, our legal team will file your lawsuit according to the following guidelines:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally one year from the date of the accident, according to CC Art. 3492
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally one year from the date of a loved one’s demise, according to CC Art. 2315.2
The sooner you contact our law firm, the more time we have to ensure the required filing deadline is met. We can also ensure you understand the factors that can alter the statute of limitations.
See Why Clients Recommend Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers
Client-focused legal care and support are our service hallmarks. When they talk about our law firm, previous clients say the following:
- Keith: “I was feeling more and more pain and went to the doctor. I had two surgeries in my neck and my back. I made an appointment with David and it was a real good experience.”
- Kelsie: “I woke up and I was lying on my stomach, facedown in a ditch. David was a phenomenal individual. I felt secure; I felt that he was protecting me and my family, and he was going to get what us what we deserved.”
Your rideshare accident case is important to every member of our team, so we never stop fighting for the best possible outcome for you.
Forest Hill Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Contact Our Forest Hill Lyft Accident Team Today
Did your rideshare journey result in an accident? If you or someone you love was injured in a Lyft accident in Forest Hill, LA? Our case review team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will help you fight for compensation. Find out now by getting your free case review today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form