Were you injured in a garbage truck accident in Abbeville? You may qualify for compensation. However, the process of proving your qualifications and negotiating for the money you need can be long and arduous. Let an Abbeville garbage truck accident lawyer do the hard work for you. Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 at any time. Someone is always available to take your call.
Who Is Responsible for a Truck Accident
Accidents can happen in a variety of ways. In some cases, there may be more than one reason why an accident occurs. In the heat of the moment, it may be difficult to figure out exactly what happened. Do not worry if your memories are jumbled or confusing. Both the police and your lawyer will investigate and collect evidence to put together a clearer picture of your truck accident.
Your accident may have been caused by:
- The truck driver: Louisiana Revised Statutes (RS) §14:99 makes it illegal to drive recklessly. This may include speeding, ignoring traffic signals, changing lanes carelessly, and more.
- The trucking company: some employers may pressure drivers to ignore safety regulations to save time or money.
- The maintenance company: it is the maintenance company’s job to identify any potential problems with a truck and fix them promptly. Shirking this responsibility could lead to an accident.
- The auto manufacturer: allowing a faulty part to go to market or failing to recall a faulty part in time can lead to critical and deadly malfunctions.
- The weather: rain, ice, or snow can make the roadway slick, while fog can limit visibility.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you figure out who or what is responsible for the accident and sue for monetary compensation. If you are considering hiring an Abbeville garbage truck accident lawyer to manage your lawsuit, call us at (337) 777-7777. We will tell you if you have a case and, if so, how a lawyer may be able to help you.
For a free legal consultation with a garbage truck accident lawyer serving Abbeville, call (337) 777-7777
Getting the Compensation You Deserve
Your injuries may be painful, traumatic, and expensive. Help is available. You can file a personal injury lawsuit if you sustained injuries in the crash, or a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a loved one in the crash. The damages you receive from your lawsuit can help you pay bills, compensate you for your injuries, and more.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages
In both personal injury and wrongful death cases, you can seek compensation for your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover whatever financial damage you suffered because of the accident. They can include additional expenses or a decrease in income, such as:
- Medical expenses: you received emergency, follow-up, and/or long-term care to help manage your injuries. If you traveled a long distance to receive this treatment, you may qualify for travel expenses as well.
- Funeral expenses: you had to pay for end-of-life services after your loved one’s accident-related death.
- Lost wages: your injuries prevented you from working, costing you and your family much-needed income.
- Lost earning capacity: your injuries will always prevent you from earning the kind of money you did before, causing you financial stress.
Noneconomic damages are for accident victims who sustained physical and/or emotional injuries, such as:
- Pain and suffering: your injuries caused physical and/or emotional anguish, or the accident caused you psychological distress.
- Diminished quality of life: you will never be able to live as pain-free or as independently as before.
- Scarring: your injuries left you with scars that alter your appearance or your ability to move the affected area.
- Loss of society or companionship: your loved one was taken from you prematurely, depriving you of their affection and support.
The above is a brief and incomplete overview of how damages work. There are many more examples of economic and non-economic damages not listed here.
How to Calculate Damages
It is your responsibility to put a “price tag” on each of your damages. How do you do this? For economic damages, it may be as simple as suing for the total on your medical or repair bill. For non-economic damages, the process of converting physical or emotional pain to dollar amounts is often less obvious.
Abbeville Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
A Lawyer’s Role
Taking the plunge and filing a lawsuit may seem like a big step to take, especially if you are still recuperating from your accident injuries. Is it worth the trouble? That is up to you. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can give you all of the information necessary to make this decision. Here are just a few of the services we may provide for you:
- Reviewing your case: tell us all about your accident. We will let you know if you have a chance to recover compensation.
- Investigating: as previously discussed, an investigation can help you figure out who to sue. It can also unearth evidence that strengthens your claim.
- Being an intermediary: if the liable party’s representatives try to get in touch with you, refer them to us. You do not have to deal with them alone or at all.
- Fighting for compensation: your lawyer will meet with the liable party’s insurance company and negotiate hard for a fair settlement. If negotiations hit a wall, we can and will continue the fight in court.
- Keeping you in the loop: we will let you know whenever something important happens in your case. We are also happy to answer your questions at any time.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers wants to help you in your fight for justice and compensation. You may have a limited time to act under Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, so call us at (337) 777-7777 as soon as possible to get a free consultation, to discuss your options, and to find out if an Abbeville garbage truck accident lawyer can help in your case. You will owe us no fees until we get compensation for you.