Motor vehicle accidents can leave you with devastating injuries, especially if the other vehicle involved was a big rig. If you can prove that another party’s negligence caused your big rig accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Fortunately, you do not need to coordinate an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit on your own. An Abbeville big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to manage all of the legal work in your case when we represent you.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777 for a free, no-obligation case review. We offer representation to qualifying clients on a contingency-fee-basis.
Accidents Have Consequences
If a truck driver’s negligent actions caused your accident, they or their employer may be liable for your damages.
One type of negligent action that can cause truck accidents is drowsy driving. Because of this risk, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates how long and how often commercial truck drivers can drive for and when they are required to take breaks. It is very important for drivers to follow these rules not just for their own health and wellbeing, but also for the safety of everyone they share the road with.
However, not all truck drivers follow these rules, either because they do not want to or because their employer pressures them to meet high quotas.
Other forms of negligence that can cause a truck accident include:
- Violations of traffic law, such as speeding, running a red light, or failing to yield
- Drunk or intoxicated driving
- A mechanical failure in a poorly maintained vehicle
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Distracted driving
- And more
Such negligence can cause you damages like:
- Physical injuries
- Property damage
- Extra bills
- Psychological trauma
- The loss of a loved one
If a truck accident has upended your life, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (337) 777-7777. A member of our team can discuss your accident, your injuries, and your legal options in a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accident lawyer serving Abbeville, call (337) 777-7777
You May Be Entitled to Damages
Damages are a type of compensation paid to accident victims (or the survivors of accident victims) to help them pay for accident-related losses, make up for any injuries, and so on. Different damages may be available depending on the type of claim you are filing and the details of your case.
Personal Injury Damages
In a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit, the potentially recoverable damages may include:
- Medical expenses: if you went to a doctor, a specialist, a physical therapist, or any other medical professional for treatment.
- Loss of wages: if your injuries temporarily derailed your career, keeping you home from work for days, weeks, or longer.
- Loss of earning capacity: if your injuries permanently derailed your career, preventing you from earning or working as much as before.
- Pain and suffering: if your injuries caused physical distress and/or emotional trauma.
- Quality of life: if you can never resume your old lifestyle and may even need help with formerly simple tasks (e.g., washing or dressing).
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one lost their life in a big rig accident and you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, your potentially recoverable damages may include:
- Funeral expenses: if you were responsible for your loved one’s burial, funeral service, and so on.
- Pre-death medical care: for any accident-related medical treatment your loved one required after their passing.
- Lost wages: since your loved one is no longer providing income to your family.
- Loss of guidance: since your loved one is no longer in your life to provide guidance.
For more information about what specific damages may be available in your case, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today.
Abbeville Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Getting Help from a Lawyer
An Abbeville big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to provide you with a wide range of legal services.
If you are worried that you cannot afford a lawyer, put your mind at ease. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers works on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that you do not have to pay us attorney fees unless and until you recover compensation. There are no up-front payments required in this arrangement.
When we work together on your case, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can:
- Investigate the crash: this can allow us to identify the liable party and collect evidence that backs up your version of events.
- Calculate damages: by assessing and investigating your case, we can help you figure out how much your injuries may be “worth” in monetary terms.
- Communicate with others: you do not have to talk directly to the liable party or their insurance company or lawyers. We can serve as an intermediary.
- Negotiate for damages: rather than going to trial right away, we can try to get you compensation through an insurance claim or pretrial settlement.
- Advocate for you on trial: in cases where the insurance company does not want to settle, we can take your case to trial and present our evidence to a judge or jury.
- Be your advisor: if you ever have questions about your case, do not be shy about asking. Our team is happy to help you understand the legal process and can contact you with updates after every major development.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
You can focus on your family and your well-being when you work with an Abbeville big rig accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on your case.
Keep in mind that there is a limited time to file a lawsuit in Louisiana. Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 imposes a general one-year statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. Waiting longer than the legal deadline in your case to take action could mean that your lawsuit gets dismissed.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers encourages you to call us as soon as possible after your accident. For a free case review with a member of our team, call (337) 777-7777 today.