A New Iberia traumatic brain injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you seek compensation from the at-fault party who caused your severe head injury through negligence. Whether your traumatic brain injury (TBI) resulted from a motor vehicle collision, sports accident, slip and fall, or another cause, suffering a TBI can devastate your life.
You can work with a personal injury lawyer from our firm on your claim or lawsuit against the careless party that caused your injury. When we take care of your New Iberia TBI case, you can devote your attention and energy to your health and well-being. We can take care of the rest. You can call us today to explore your next steps during a free consultation.
Traumatic Brain Injury Statistics
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports over 223,000 TBI-related hospital visits occurred in 2019, and more than 64,000 TBI related deaths in 2020. These numbers do not include traumatic brain injuries treated elsewhere outside a hospital.
If a person’s TBI gets treated only in an urgent care center, emergency room, or primary care office, they are not a part of this number. Also, we have no reliable numbers to represent how many traumatic brain injuries do not receive any medical attention. As you can see, the scope of the problem is massive.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving New Iberia, call (337)-547-2777
An Overview of TBI from the Mayo Clinic
According to the Mayo Clinic, when the body or head takes a violent hit or jolt, cells in the brain can suffer injury. This is how traumatic brain injuries happen.
The damage from a mild TBI could be only temporary. The damage from a mild TBI could be only temporary. On the other hand, a person suffering a severe TBI could experience long-term complications or death. Some people might need weeks or months to recuperate from a traumatic brain injury. Still, they might face physical, cognitive, or other impairments for the rest of their lives.
New Iberia Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (337)-547-2777
Recoverable Damages in a New Iberia Traumatic Head Injury Case
We will review your case for the economic (financial) and non-economic (non-financial) damages you can recover, such as:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost or reduced income
- Lost future earnings, including benefits or pensions
- Impaired quality of life
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Emotional distress, which includes depression, anxiety, and insomnia //Loss of life enjoyment//
Click to contact our New Iberia Catastrophic Injury Lawyers today
Louisiana’s Statute of Limitations for New Iberia TBI Cases
You do not have to wait to talk to a traumatic brain injury lawyer in New Iberia, Louisiana. State laws do not give you much time to take legal action seeking compensation for your losses from the negligent party. Our New Iberia catastrophic injury attorneys will need time to investigate the accident and draft the legal paperwork for a lawsuit.
The statute of limitations, also called filing deadline, generally gives you only one year, under CC Art. 3492, to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit for a loved one who suffered a fatal TBI, you have one year from the decedent’s death date to file it, per CC Art. 2315.2.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our New Iberia Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys Can Start on Your Case At No Upfront Charge
You might think you cannot afford to hire a lawyer to help you hold the at-fault party accountable for causing your traumatic brain injury in New Iberia, Louisiana. On the contrary, it will not cost you any money upfront for our injury attorney in New Iberia, LA, to help you.
We take personal injury cases on a contingency fee arrangement, so you do not pay us any money at the beginning or throughout the case. At the end of the matter, we receive a percentage of the settlement proceeds or court award for our attorney fees. We have a no-fee guarantee, which means you do not have to pay us any legal fees if you do not recover compensation.
Pitfalls to Avoid that Could Hurt the Settlement Value of Your New Iberia Traumatic Brain Injury Case
People are surprised to learn that things that happened long after the accident can decrease the money they can get to settle their claim or possibly deny it entirely. Here are just a few examples of things you will want to avoid when you have a New Iberia traumatic brain injury case pending:
- Giving a recorded statement to the insurance claims adjuster. Claims adjusters routinely ask injured people to give them recorded statements because they claim it allows the injured person to tell their side of the story. In reality, a recorded statement can hurt your case or even give the insurer an excuse to deny your claim.
- Missing the state’s filing deadline. Earlier, we noted Louisiana’s short statute of limitations for personal injury cases. Negotiating with the insurance company does not satisfy the filing deadline. Only filing a lawsuit will satisfy the statute and protect your right to seek compensation.
- Posting on social media. We advise our clients to stay off social media during their personal injury cases. The defendant’s insurer could gain access to your social media accounts. They can take things out of context and use them against you. For example, they might claim you are not in as much pain as you say because they found a photograph of you smiling with friends.
- Not understanding the role of the claims adjuster. Claims adjusters are not necessarily bad people. They are simply doing their jobs. Of course, their job is to resolve claims against the insurance company for as little money as possible. They might even deny their claim if they can convince someone that they caused the accident that injured them.
- Getting talked out of having a lawyer for your TBI case. Insurance companies often tell people they do not need lawyers to handle their injury cases. Insurance companies have multiple attorneys giving them legal advice, so you should have the same benefit.
You can talk to our New Iberia traumatic brain injury lawyer about the next steps to take in your situation.
Call Us Today for Help With a New Iberia Traumatic Brain Injury Case
We founded Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to fight relentlessly for people who suffer harm because of the carelessness of others. We have over 250 years of combined personal injury experience that we want to put to work for you.
If you want to hire our traumatic brain injury lawyers in New Iberia, LA, on your injury claim, just reach out to us today. We offer a free initial consultation with no obligation. You can learn more about why people call us the “Louisiana Attorneys That Care.”
Call or text (337)-547-2777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form