Are you thinking of suing after your traumatic brain injury? Or are you still uncertain about whether filing a lawsuit is the right option for you? No matter where you are in your decision-making process, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers might be able to help you. Our firm represents victims in a variety of personal injury case types, including those involving:
- Car and truck accidents
- Slip and falls
- Premises liability accidents
- Defective products
- Emergency room errors
If another party’s negligence caused your accident, a St. Charles Parish traumatic brain injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers might be able to help you fight for compensation.
For a free case review with a member of our personal injury team, call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (504) 777-7777. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments required.
Traumatic Brain Injuries Come in Many Forms
Sudden, violent events can inflict traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These injuries may range from mild and temporary to permanent and life-altering. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, some traumatic brain injuries are immediately apparent; others may develop over time.
The list of potential effects of a traumatic brain injury is long and diverse. The type and severity of your injury will dictate which of the following symptoms (if any) you may be at risk of:
- Mood problems
- Memory problems
- Motor problems
- Speech problems
If you or a loved one have suffered a traumatic brain injury, seek medical attention immediately. It is vitally important that you get any existing damage treated and prevent any further damage from occurring.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving St. Charles Parish, call (337) 777-7777
Personal Injury Cases and Liability
If someone else’s negligence caused your traumatic brain injury, they might be liable for your accident-related damages. Examples of this type of negligence may include:
- A driver that causes a car accident by breaking a traffic rule, such as running a stop sign
- A shop owner that leaves a broken floorboard in their store, causing a customer to slip and fall
- A defective tire that bursts and causes a car accident
A St. Charles Parish traumatic brain injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to investigate the cause of your accident, help you identify the responsible party, and build your personal injury case against them.
Once your condition has been stabilized, call the personal injury team of Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (504) 777-7777. We offer free case reviews to accident victims in St. Charles Parish.
St. Charles Parish Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
The types of compensation that may be available in a personal injury case depend on the nature of your injuries. Some examples of commonly sought damages are included below:
Economic damages provide relief for accident victims who suffered financial losses. These losses may include:
- Medical expenses: for the medical care you received immediately after the crash and/or the care you will need to manage the long-term effects of your injuries
- Lost wages: if you took a leave of absence from your job to let your injuries heal
- Property damages: if any of your property was damaged in the accident
Non-economic damages provide relief for accident victims who sustained bodily injuries, including traumatic brain injuries. These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering: if you suffered physical pain from your injuries or psychological pain of having lived through a traumatic event
- Reduced quality of life: if your injuries have robbed you of the ability to engage in necessary or enjoyable activities
You may be unsure of which of these damages you may qualify for or how much money you should ask for them. Do not worry; lawsuits can be complicated, and answers to questions like those are not always obvious. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can help you identify your damages when we work together on your case.
Let Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Fight on Your Side
Trying to manage a traumatic brain injury and a personal injury case simultaneously can be difficult. By hiring a St. Charles Parish traumatic brain injury lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to represent you, you are acquiring an ally who may be able to take on challenging tasks like:
- Investigating: we can investigate your accident and find evidence that demonstrates how the responsible party is liable for your injuries.
- Figuring out damages: it is not always easy to express your physical or emotional suffering in monetary terms. Your lawyer can collect evidence of your damages and their value.
- Filing paperwork: this may not seem like a tough job, but making an error on your paperwork could mean trouble for the future of your lawsuit. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can handle all paperwork and deadlines in your case.
- Communicating with others: we can serve as a buffer between you and the liable party. This way, you never have to talk directly to them or their representatives.
- Negotiating for a settlement: we can negotiate for a settlement with the insurance company. If they do not make you a fair settlement offer, we can schedule a trial and represent you in the courtroom.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Started on Your Case by Calling Us Today
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we understand that you are going through a difficult time and may have mixed feelings about taking legal action. Before making a decision, talk to a member of our team. We can listen to your story, help you understand your options, and provide you with a free consultation on your case when you call us today at (504) 777-7777.
If you qualify, a St. Charles Parish traumatic brain injury lawyer from our firm may be able to fight for your rights on a contingency-fee-basis. This pay structure means that there are no upfront fees, and you do not owe us attorney fees unless and until you win your case.