Drivers who get behind the wheel after drinking too much threaten the lives of anyone who they share the road with. You may have become the victim of a drunk driver if you were injured or if your loved one passed away in a collision involving an intoxicated motorist.
If this is the case, a Meaux drunk driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you seek compensation in a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (318) 777-7777 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team. We may be able to offer you representation on a contingency-fee-basis.
Drunk Driving Rates Are High in Louisiana
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that the state of Louisiana leads national averages in terms of:
- Drunk driving deaths for victims aged 0 to 34
- Drunk driving deaths for victims aged 35 and older
- Drunk driving deaths for men
- Drunk driving deaths for women
The number of Louisianans who confessed to driving after having too much to drink in the recent past was also greater than the national average.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accident lawyer serving Meaux, call (337) 777-7777
Being Drunk Can Impair Your Abilities as a Motorist
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) explains how an increasing amount of alcohol in your body can impair your driving abilities. Even when alcohol in your system is at levels where it is still legal for you to drive, you may experience:
- Changes in your judgment
- Changes in your mood
- Greater difficulty tracking moving targets visually
- Greater difficulty multitasking
- A decrease in your alertness
- Reduced inhibition, which could lead to you making riskier decisions
As your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) reaches and exceeds the legal limit of 0.08%, you may experience more exaggerated effects of alcohol impairment. You may have:
- Poorer coordination
- Reduced balance
- Significant vision changes
- Poor muscle control
- Less control over all aspects of driving
Driving is an activity that requires alertness and the ability to react. Being intoxicated can diminish these qualities, and the effects of intoxication could directly cause an accident.
If you were injured or if your loved one passed away because of a drunk driver, a Meaux drunk driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to help you pursue compensation.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (318) 777-7777 for a free consultation about our representation from a member of our team.
Meaux Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
Working with Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers on Your Case
When we partner on your case, a Meaux drunk driving accident lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers may be able to assist you by:
- Providing advice, strategy, and answers to your claim- or lawsuit-related questions
- Gathering evidence to support your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Communicating with insurance companies and other lawyers on your behalf
- Calculating the amount of losses that you have suffered because of your accident
- Hiring experts to recreate your accident or testify to specific aspects of your case
- Interviewing witnesses and including their testimony in your case
- Filing your claim or lawsuit
- Negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement offer
- Taking your case to trial
- Defending your rights throughout this process
To make our services more accessible, Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers offers representation on a contingency-fee-basis. In this arrangement:
- We agree to a percentage split with our clients before we start working together
- You do not have to pay any money out of your own pocket for us to begin working on your case
- We collect attorney fees only if and when you win your case
- You will not have to pay us attorney fees if you do not recover compensation via a settlement offer or court award
Click to contact our Meaux Car Accident Lawyers today
Damages You May Be Able to Recover in a Drunk Driving Accident Case
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can investigate the way the accident impacted your life and help you identify potentially recoverable damages in your case. In general, the recoverable damages in a car accident case may include:
- The cost of medical care for your accident-related injuries
- The estimated future costs of your medical treatment
- Lost income while you are injured
- A decline in your earning power once you resume working
- Changes to your appearance, such as scarring or disfigurement
- Mental harm, which may include diagnosable conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- And more
A judge may also choose to award punitive damages in some drunk driving accident cases.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you are pursuing a wrongful death case for a loved one who lost their life in a drunk driving accident, a different set of damages may be available to you. The recoverable damages in a wrongful death case may include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pre-death medical care
- Loss of income
- And more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers believes that drunk drivers should be held accountable for their actions. A Meaux drunk driving accident lawyer from our firm can seek compensation for your damages on your behalf when we represent you.
Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers encourages potential clients to call us as soon as possible after their accident, as Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 imposes a general one-year statute of limitations on both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits in Louisiana.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today at (318) 777-7777 for a free consultation on your case with a representative of our firm.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form