You can get PTSD from a car accident or any traumatic event that causes you to fear for your life. PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) is often marked by recurring fear of a repeat event or by events and memories that force you to recall the event. Like physical injuries you sustain in a car accident, you are entitled to compensation for the current and future disruption to your life caused by post-accident PTSD.
When our personal injury team represents you, we help you prove the extent of your emotional, psychological, and physical injuries. We use your mental health records including counseling and therapy reports to prove the cost of treating your psychological injury. Then, we help you build these costs into your request for financial compensation from the at-fault driver.
Explore Your Compensation Options
Like most people, you have probably heard of recovering compensation for pain and suffering after a car accident. Your ongoing struggle to cope with PTSD after an accident fits into the recoverable non-economic damages portion of your compensation case. Conversely, and because it can have tangible costs, it also fits into the recoverable economic damages portion of your case. Additional damage you can recoup include:
- Current and ongoing medical bills
- Current and ongoing income loss
- Physical disability and impairment
- Property damage or destruction
Our team helps you create a carefully detailed list of your injuries and the expenses that stem from them. We also help you compile and organize the plethora of paperwork that proves your right to compensation and in what amounts.
The Ongoing Costs of Coping with PTSD
According to Mayo Clinic< research, PTSD can require long-term and extensive treatment plans. In addition to several forms of therapy, including cognitive, exposure, and eye movement therapy, it can also mean you spend a long time learning coping skills that help you live a fulfilling life. These can include:
- Antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications
- Specialized dietary and self-care techniques
- Individual and group therapy sessions
In many cases, your entire family will become involved in helping cope with the traumatic symptoms of PTSD. We can help you seek compensation for the time you spend learning to get your life back on track – especially when PTSD prevents you from returning to work.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
Our Personal Injury Team Fights By Your Side
When you hire our law firm to fight for you, we handle the details and minutiae of your case. That means you can leave ongoing communication, organization, and negotiations to us. On your behalf, we will:
- Prove the at-fault party’s liability
- Handle the insurance company
- Read and review your crash report
- Review your medical records and bills
- Consult medical and PTSD experts
If you contact our team soon enough after your accident, you give up plenty of time to do two important things – conduct a thorough investigation and meet the state’s filing deadline. CC Art. 3492 generally entitles you to only a single year to file your lawsuit. Our team protects your right to go to court if a favorable settlement offer is not forthcoming by complying with the statute of limitations.
Read More About why Injury Victims Choose Us
Satisfied clients can tell you what it meant to turn to our personal injury law firm for help. When they talk about our supportive team members, they say:
- “I am so happy that I chose Laborde Earles… Mr. Earles is always available when I call… He has even made time to speak with my family. I totally trust him, and I’m extremely satisfied with his experience and expertise. Thank you, Mr. Earles, for being more than an attorney to me.” – Michelle Graham
- “Kathy has gone beyond her job to check on me before my surgery and after… and reassured me that everything was being taken care of and for me not to worry. I highly recommend Mr. Higgins. He has his game plan all planned out when he handles your case!!” – Sherry Darcey
- “Laborde Earles represented my husband and I. They helped us when we needed and… went above and beyond. And now they represent my entire family, and I wouldn’t want any other firm doing it. We… are a fan for life.” – Jessica Adams
When you choose our team for representation, we leave no stone unturned in your fight for monetary recovery. We also make sure you have an outstanding experience with our client support team.
Our Team Members Are Here for You
Are you or someone you love struggling to cope after a car accident? You can get PTSD from a car accident, and we can help you get the financial compensation you deserve to get the help you need. Find out how by completing the brief form on our contact page or by calling our Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers team at (337) 777-7777 today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form