The settlement for stomach pain after a car accident is based on a number of factors – whether your pain stems from a minor or severe injury and whether it is short- or long-term. The amount of your settlement will also depend on other circumstances of your accident and the financial expenses and losses related to your injury.
Related expenses can include current and future pain and suffering and income you lose when your stomach pain and underlying injury prevent you from returning to work. Our personal injury lawyers help you quantify your damages and create a compelling settlement request when we represent you.
What Factors Determine the Cost of My Personal Injuries?
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you might experience stomach pain that ranges from minor to acute to chronic. A car accident can leave you with multiple injuries that can be hard to distinguish at first. That makes getting a definitive diagnosis an essential part of your health care and your compensation case. According to Mayo Clinic research, your post-accident stomach pain could mean:
- Heart attack
- Ruptured spleen
- Intestinal obstruction
When we represent you, we obtain your medical records on your behalf. They will tell us why you are in pain, the types of treatment you will require, and how long your treatment plan is expected to last. All these factors play a part in determining the cost of your injuries.
Track the Cost of Treating the Pain in Your Stomach
The health care professionals who diagnose the underlying cause of your stomach pain will also develop a treatment plan to foster optimal recovery. When we represent you, we review your medical records to determine the cost of current and future medical care your injury will require. In addition, we help you seek these recoverable damages:
- Wage and income loss
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional angst
- Physical impairment
Because we assign a value to your case based on your unique circumstances, we also obtain copies of your proof of income, mental health care records, if applicable, and any other documentation that proves the value of your case.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me with My Case?
Our team understands your need to make your physical recovery a priority. When we represent you, you do so without the risk of an expired filing deadline. We will start working on your case right away and file your lawsuit for you. We will also:
- Assign a fair value to your case
- Prove the at-fault driver’s negligence
- Build a strong, supporting case file
- Update you with changes in your case
- Respond to your questions and calls
We also understand the temptation to accept a speedy settlement offer and quickly bring your case to an end. However, a fast settlement can mean the full extent of your financial damages is unknown, so we help you avoid this scenario. Instead, we work hard to negotiate an appropriate monetary settlement.
Your Right to Compensation has an Important Time Limit in Louisiana
La. Civ. Code Art. 3492 – the personal injury statute of limitations – generally only lets you file a lawsuit within a year of the accident. We recommend getting our team involved in your case as soon as possible. Doing so means we:
- Compliance with the statute of limitations
- A thorough investigation of your accident
- Building a strong case for compensation
- Interviewing witnesses while memories are fresh
No matter what caused your injury and ongoing pain, you have a predetermined amount of time to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Getting us involved early also means we can canvass the accident scene and immediate surrounding area.
Hear From Clients We Represented in the Past
We strive to create a helpful, compassionate atmosphere for every client we represent. For example, when they make online referrals, our previous clients say:
- “Courteous and punctual, always polite and professional, always returns calls, and takes time to answer any and all questions.” – Todd Uren
- “I have had the experience of hiring Nicholas Rockforte, who is caring and prompt with returning calls and emails.” – Crystal Smith
- “Quick, to the point, waste zero time and BOOM, she wiped it out…Most definitely appreciate you and the whole firm for everything.” – Danika Spell
- “They helped me when the other party’s insurance wouldn’t answer my calls! They got the job done and efficiently!” – Lacey Mcdonald
- “Great firm and easy to deal with. They were very helpful and knowledgeable…Thank you for the great service.” – Alexis Bourgeois
Our testimonials page contains even more reviews from previous clients who talk about their experience with our personal injury attorneys.
Contact Our Office to Learn More About Settlements for Car Accidents
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, we can help you seek monetary compensation. Our personal injury lawyers can help you pursue a favorable settlement for the stomach pain you experience after a car accident. Find out by contacting Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers at (337) 777-7777 today.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form