If you or a loved one suffered scarring and disfigurement in a recent accident in Marksville, LA, you could demand those damages along with the mental and emotional damages you may be experiencing right now. You deserve compensation for such a tragedy.
You may want to consider hiring a personal injury attorney from our firm. A Marksville scarring and disfigurement lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers can fight for your financial recovery and even sue on your behalf. At the same time, you focus on restoring your physical and mental health. We can consult with you for free and work on your case on contingency. This lets us start on your injury case immediately without any upfront fees or damages.
Recoverable Damages in a Marksville Scarring and Disfigurement Case
Your damages are the physical, mental, emotional, and financial issues and losses you experience from an incident. Such an incident could be a car accident, and such issues and losses could be:
- Physical scarring and disfigurement
- Disability or impairment if the disfigurement affects your abilities, such as your ability to work
- Mental anguish due to your injuries and/or the incident
- Emotional trauma and/or loss of consortium
- Social issues, such as difficulty speaking with people
- Financial losses, such as lost income, earning ability loss, the cost of emergency medical care, and/or the cost of surgery
The at-fault party may have been grossly negligent in a catastrophic injury case. If so, a judge could apply punitive damages to your case to punish the at-fault party. A Marksville catastrophic injury attorney from our firm can discuss these damages with you.
For a free legal consultation with a scarring & disfigurement lawyer serving Marksville, call (318) 310-8922
How Do I Recover Scarring and Disfigurement Damages in a Marksville Case?
Filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party can help you recover damages. However, on your own, you may not be able to recover all your damages or a fair amount for them.
For your claim or suit to be successful, you’ll have to determine and prove fair monetary values for your non-monetary damages, like your physical scarring. You’ll also have to show evidence of your damages and evidence of the at-fault party’s liability for those damages. Additionally, you’d have to establish the elements of negligence in your case and negotiate your payout with the at-fault party’s insurer. If you cannot settle your case in court, you may have to seek recovery in court and present your case to a judge.
All this can be quite challenging to handle by yourself. You can leave it to a Marksville scarring and disfigurement lawyer from our firm to handle all these tasks for you.
Marksville Scarring & Disfigurement Lawyer Near Me (318) 310-8922
How Can a Marksville Scarring and Disfigurement Lawyer Recover My Damages?
There’s a lot your lawyer will do in the fight for your financial recovery. You won’t have to do anything related to your case, and your lawyer will regularly update you about its progress. You can expect your lawyer to do all the following for you and more:
- List your damages: Your lawyer could identify damages you aren’t aware you can claim, such as therapy costs for treating anxiety or depression.
- Assess your damages: Your lawyer will have methods for attributing monetary values to your intangible damages, which typically have no dollar amount. Doing so will help your lawyer recover a fair amount for you.
- Manage case communications for you: You won’t have to worry about speaking with the insurance company or anyone else. Our attorneys will manage all correspondence and calls.
- Seek out and show evidence supporting your case: This could be a written statement from your doctor and even a verbal statement from an accident reconstructionist. Depending on your incident, there could be different sources of evidence, such as camera footage.
- Establish negligence for your case: To do this, your lawyer will show why the other party owed you a duty of care, how the other party breached this duty, how the breach of duty caused the incident, and how the incident caused your damages.
- Negotiate your settlement or verdict: Your lawyer will push for a fair resolution and argue against the opposition. If your lawyer is dealing with an uncompromising insurer, your lawyer can pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Click to contact our Marksville Catastrophic Injury Lawyers today
Can You Sue for Disfigurement?
You can sue for disfigurement, and you should if it affects you. You can discuss a personal injury lawsuit with an attorney. They may be able to sue the other party right away or negotiate with an insurer and consider a lawsuit later.
If you’re considering a lawsuit, we encourage you to hire your lawyer right away. This will give your lawyer more time to prepare your case and your suit to meet the lawsuit filing deadline. In Louisiana, this deadline is one year from the incident or injury date, per CC Art. 3492.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What if I Can’t Afford a Lawyer for a Personal Injury Case?
We aim to make hiring an attorney from our firm affordable because our lawyers work on a contingency. Under this payment arrangement, your lawyer won’t charge you for their services unless you receive compensation. Additionally, our firm won’t charge you for your initial consultation with us.
About Our Marksville Scarring & Disfigurement Attorneys
Our injury attorneys have years of experience with cases like yours. In fact, our legal team has more than 250 years of combined experience with personal injury cases, including cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, offshore accidents, and work accidents, as well as cases involving scarring and disfigurement. We are confident that our attorney can lead your case.
During our years in practice, our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and today, our team has earned a reputation as an advocate for Louisiana’s injured. We’d be happy to tell you more about our team during a free consultation.
Call Us for Help From a Scarring & Disfigurement Attorney in Marksville, LA
To learn more about us or hire one of our lawyers for your scarring and disfigurement case, connect with us. We’ll consult with you or your loved one at no cost. Afterward, if you hire a disfigurement lawyer in Marksville, LA, our lawyer can work for you at no cost until and unless you win your case.
Contact Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.
Call or text (318) 310-8922 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form