If your truck accident claim was denied by State Farm, you’re entitled to know the reason why. For example, if you don’t have enough evidence to prove your claim, you could gather more information and refile your case. If there are disputes about fault, you can counter those allegations.
You can also partner with a truck accident lawyer in your area. They can manage the claims process, learn the reason for your claim’s denial, and fight for what you need.
Why Would State Farm Deny My Truck Accident Claim?
State Farm may deny your claim if:
- It believes you caused the entire accident. Louisiana operates on a fault-based system. Claimants who are entirely responsible for collisions generally cannot pursue compensation.
- There was a clerical error. Accidentally providing inaccurate information could compel State Farm to dismiss your claim and deny liability.
- You didn’t seek medical attention. You can’t have a valid injury claim if you didn’t seek medical care for your injuries. By visiting a healthcare provider, you can get the evidence necessary to supplement your claim.
- You waited too long to file your claim. Many insurance companies in Louisiana have a short deadline for accepting injury claims. If too much time passes between the accident and your claim’s submission, this could lead to State Farm denying your case.
You want all the help you can get after filing a claim. State Farm has many resources at its disposal, all of which could contest your right to damages. A lawyer from our firm can manage your case’s filing, negotiating, and more.
For a free legal consultation, call (337) 777-7777
You Could Sue The At-Fault Party
Your lawyer may suggest filing a lawsuit if State Farm refuses to offer compensation. This requires you to file your case within the state’s civil case deadline. You must also have a general understanding of how the law works.
Often, after filing lawsuits, insurance companies decide to offer injured people reasonable settlements. This isn’t always the case, though. If the insurer still refuses to offer damages after your collision, we will see your case through to a verdict.
You Could File A Complaint With The Louisiana Department Of Insurance
If you believe that State Farm isn’t negotiating in good faith, you can file a complaint with the Louisiana Department of Insurance (LDI). After learning of your complaint, the organization may investigate your claim and decide whether State Farm treated you fairly.
To file your complaint, you’ll need to include some basic information, including your name, address, and contact number. Be objective in your description of events. Avoid speculation or outright accusing the insurance company of poor conduct. These things can reflect poorly on your complaint.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Hiring A Truck Accident Lawyer In Your Fight For Justice
If you are thinking about hiring a lawyer to help in your pursuit of justice, there are many possible benefits of legal representation. Some of these benefits include:
- We can help with legal paperwork and ensure that you meet any important deadlines.
- Our lawyers will gather and organize the facts of your truck accident to help bolster the strength of your case.
- We are always available to answer any case-related questions you may have.
- We will handle all dealings with the insurance company, from your claim’s filing to negotiations.
Your Insurance Claim Could Cover These Accident-Related Expenses
Trucks and other large vehicles are an important part of our national infrastructure, but they can also be quite dangerous. Thousands of trucks are involved in accidents that cause damage, injuries, and tragic fatalities around the United States each year, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
If you were involved in a truck accident, compensation in your case could account for:
- Financial losses: Financial losses in truck accidents come in many forms. Your settlement could account for the cost of repairing your car, healthcare expenses, and lost income. Your lawyer will quantify these losses using documentation.
- Emotional suffering: One often overlooked aspect of vehicle accidents is the impact on your emotional health. The sudden trauma of a vehicle accident can leave you shaken, and this can manifest itself in unusual ways, causing anxiety, sleeplessness, depression, and more. Your settlement could account for these hardships.
- Wrongful death-related losses: You may have lost a loved one in a truck accident. If so, financial recovery could pay for their funeral, burial, lost income, and final healthcare costs.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Connect With Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today
Did you file a claim with State Farm only to have it denied? You have legal options with our team’s help. We can determine the reason for your claim’s denial and implement an appropriate course of legal action. We can also sue the at-fault party or register a complaint with the LDI.
To explore your legal options, connect with our firm now. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers offers free case reviews where we can discuss your situation.
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form