Unlike injuries that heal with time, scarring and disfigurement can be permanent. Even those who get surgery or other procedures to address disfigurement may never feel like themselves again.
A Lafayette scarring and disfigurement lawyer from Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will fight for fair compensation for your catastrophic injuries. Our Lafayette personal injury lawyers will review how your injuries happened, identify liable parties, and demand the financial recovery you deserve.
Types of Accidents That Can Lead to Scarring and Disfigurement and Which May Entitle You to Compensation
Our disfigurement lawyers in Lafayette, LA, represent clients with a range of catastrophic injuries. Those with scarring and disfigurement deserve a relentless legal defense, as your injuries may have come through no fault of your own. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers represents clients who experience scarring and other types of disfigurement due to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating injuries
- Animal attacks
- Injuries from defective products
If you suffered scarring or another type of disfigurement under any circumstances, we want to hear from you. Our team serving Lafayette may be able to start your case today.
Laborde Earles injury was great for me they took care of me very fast and professional. If for any reason I need legal help they will be who I use.Client
How Scarring and Other Disfigurement Can Affect Your Life and What Your Recoverable Damages May Be
The American Medical Association (AMA) Journal of Ethics explains that scarring can affect one’s identity and the way one interacts with the world. The parts of your body that have been disfigured, the severity of scarring, and the unique details of your life will be relevant as we assess your damages.
Recoverable damages for those with disfiguring injuries may include:
Lost Income and Earning Power
Perhaps even more so than a broken arm or even a brain injury, disfigurement can interfere with your professional life. If you have a job that requires you to interact with others, your disfigurement may prevent you from doing your job effectively.
If you cannot work at all, must reduce your hours, or must change jobs, you may lose:
- Earning power
- A career that brought you fulfillment
- Potential bonuses and promotions
- Work-related benefits
If someone has taken these things from you due to their negligence, we’ll work to hold them accountable.
Pain and Suffering
You may feel daily distress because of scarring and disfigurement. Whether due to physical pain or the psychological and emotional toll of your injuries, you may have serious symptoms to overcome. Our team will seek compensation for:
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Social anxiety
- Difficulty sleeping
- Lost quality of life
- Any other types of pain and suffering caused by your disfigurement
A disfigurement attorney in Lafayette, LA, will calculate the cost of your non-economic damages. Our team works with psychologists and other mental health experts who can diagnose your symptoms.
Scarring and disfigurement may require two stages of medical care:
- Medical care to treat your injuries
- Medical care to correct the scarring or disfigurement
Our team will work to recover compensation for both. The journal Frontiers in Psychology explains that reconstructive surgery may help those with disfiguring injuries. If you pursue such surgeries or any other treatment to improve your disfigurement, we’ll include the cost in your lawsuit.
If you have any other damages, we’ll identify them and determine their cost.
I thank God for Digger & David. I don’t know what we would have done if it hadn’t have been for them.Rick Smith | Client
Why Choose Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers to Seek Compensation for Disfiguring Injuries in Lafayette?
The team at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers has great compassion for those who have suffered disfiguring injuries. Even when these injuries are not life-threatening, they can absolutely diminish your quality of life. Our firm wants to get justice for you, and you can trust our legal team to:
- Put our experience to work: Our attorneys have more than 350 years of combined legal experience. This experience includes countless cases of victims with scarring and other types of disfigurement. We know how to document, value, and seek compensation for injuries like yours.
- Respect your privacy: We understand that you may not want to deal with any part of your case as you’re dealing with highly sensitive injuries. We’ll respect your privacy as we handle every step of your case in Lafayette.
- Fight with everything we have: Those who are legally responsible for your injuries must be accountable. Our firm will fight with everything we have to get justice for you.
Whether we negotiate a settlement or take your case to court, know that Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers will work for your best interest.
Our Former Clients Explain How Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Fought for Them
Our former clients have made the choice to trust our firm in their time of need, and they’ve seen firsthand the benefits of hiring Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers:
- “David was a phenomenal individual. I felt secure; I felt that he was protecting me and my family, and he was going to get us what we deserved.” – Kelsie, former client
- “Digger helped me a lot. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be in the position I am right now. I would have nothing. He took care of everything for me. Digger got me back on my feet.” – Carl, former client
We treat every client as if they are family. Expect nothing less as we lead your case in Lafayette.
The reassurance from Digger and his staff gave me that renewed hope that it’s going to be okay down the road.Client
Services We Will Provide for Your Scarring and Disfigurement Case in Lafayette
Your disfigurement lawyer in Lafayette, LA, will be your loyal legal representative from the moment you hire us through the conclusion of your case. We’ll manage every detail of your claim or lawsuit, including:
- Establishing liability for your damages
- Collecting evidence
- Documenting your injuries and other damages
- Hiring any experts who can improve your case
- Managing communications
- Completing all case-related paperwork
- Settlement negotiations
We are a full-service law firm with the staff and resources to complete every step of your case. Let us do what we do best; you focus on your health and recovery.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Today for Your Free Consultation
We may have a limited time to file your case, so we recommend that you hire a Lafayette scarring and disfigurement lawyer as soon as possible. Our team is available 24/7 to answer your call, so there is no reason to wait.
Call Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers today to complete your free consultation.