Dealing with a loved one’s death is hard no matter the circumstances, but it can be especially difficult when someone else’s actions cause that death. In such a situation, it is important to understand that you have legal options.
A Marksville wrongful death lawyer from our team can discuss your specific situation with you and advise whether you should file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the deceased individual. Consult a personal injury attorney who can seek justice for your loved one by pursuing the damages associated with your loss.
What Should You Expect When Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers Leads Your Wrongful Death Case?
We never want a victim to go without legal help. If you know what to expect from us, you may be more comfortable accepting our assistance.
When you hire Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers for a wrongful death claim, you get a law firm that:
- Has deep ties to Louisiana and an office in Marksville: Our firm understands what it means to be Louisianans, so we can empathize with each of our clients. We also maintain an office in Marksville, ensuring we can respond promptly and personally to all of your needs.
- Provides all of the resources you need: Because you have our firm on your side, you won’t have to worry about hiring experts, paying case-related expenses, or handling any other aspect of your case. We do all of this for you, and you won’t pay a cent to cover such expenses. If we win your case, we’ll get a portion of your recovery. If we don’t win, you owe us absolutely nothing.
- Will put you first: Our reputation among past clients is clear. Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers treats every client as if their case is our only responsibility. When you need to get ahold of your attorney, you will be able to. When you have questions, we will answer them as quickly as possible. We want our clients to experience the gold standard of legal care.
- Fights for nothing less than you deserve: We never expect liable parties to simply hand over a fair settlement—in fact, we expect them to fight. Our attorneys never shy away from a tough negotiation, and we will go to trial if it is necessary to seek a fair recovery for you. What we will not do is settle for less than you deserve.
Client Reviews for Our Marksville Office
When it comes to our vow to fight on your behalf, you don’t have to take our word for it. Let our former clients explain what we’ve done for them. Our clients have had many positive experiences with our Marksville office. Here are just a few of their testimonials:=
- “Since this accident occurred, the entire staff at Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers have advocated for us every step of the way. The professionalism, responsiveness, and genuine care are far beyond what I expected. I had never worked with a personal injury attorney before and would not hesitate to refer them to anyone in a similar situation.” – Naomie, former client
- “The team assigned to my case are extremely professional and experienced. Just as important, they are responsive and return my phone calls and messages.” – John, former client
- “Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers stand by your side. They are one of the most prompt and organized lawyers I’ve come across. They are there for everyone involved and deliver on their promise. If you are needing help, I would definitely reach out to Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers.” – Hui, former client
- “Laborde Earles is an amazing law firm full of extremely helpful and pleasant employees! Five stars all around!” – Jourdan, former client
- “I’m so glad I chose this law [firm] to represent me. The paralegal has helped guide me through this stressful time. I feel she has become a friend checking on me often. They make you feel like your concerns are very important and taking care [of] you is their #1 priority!” – Sherry, former client
- “I am very impressed with the service I received. They quickly responded to my request and made the whole process very easy. They really take the time to explain everything to you and discuss your options and expectations. Communication was great and they were always available to answer my questions. They truly fight for you and I’m very happy with how my case was resolved. I would definitely recommend their service to others.” – Charlene, former client
These experiences are common. We strive for every client to get the financial recovery and excellent legal service they deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Marksville, call (318) 310-8922
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
In Louisiana, the following family members of the decedent may generally file a wrongful death lawsuit, per Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §2315.2:
- A surviving spouse or child
- A surviving father or mother, if there is no surviving spouse or children
- Surviving siblings, if there is no surviving parent, spouse, or child
- Surviving grandparents, if there is no surviving sibling, parent, spouse, or child
Under this statute, you typically must file a wrongful death lawsuit within one year of your loved one’s death. Due to this short prescriptive period, any family members considering filing a wrongful death lawsuit should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. A Marksville wrongful death attorney from our firm can help you properly file your claim by the one-year deadline, time permitting.
Marksville Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (318) 310-8922
Types of Damages You May Claim in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The damages available in a wrongful death lawsuit differ significantly from personal injury claims. While no amount of money can make up for losing a loved one, a wrongful death lawsuit can help secure your family’s financial wellbeing.
Some of the commonly sought damages in a wrongful death suit include:
- Funeral and burial costs: The cost of a funeral and related expenses can be in the thousands of dollars, even with an active life insurance policy in place.
- Loss of support: If the decedent’s surviving relatives relied on them financially to survive, they might have a valid claim for loss of support.
- Medical costs: A wrongful death suit may also cover any relevant medical expenses accrued by the deceased before their death.
- Pain and suffering: According to Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §2315.6, family members may be able to claim damages for “mental anguish or emotional distress” caused by their loved one’s injury or death.
Any individual who requires further information about damages in wrongful death lawsuits may talk with a wrongful death lawyer in Marksville about the specific details of their situation.
An Avoyelles Parish wrongful death attorney from our firm can compile the direct and indirect costs of your loved one’s death. By filing a lawsuit, you may be able to recover those costs.
A Lawyer Can Help You Build a Case and File Everything by the Appropriate Deadline
At Laborde Earles Injury Lawyers, we serve families throughout Avoyelles Parish and surrounding areas from our office in Marksville. We handle wrongful death and personal injury cases to hold negligent parties accountable for the harm they cause. Our ultimate goal is to make these communities safer.
On an individual level, we offer our services to help victims of negligence pursue compensation so they can heal and move forward. No one should have to face the untimely death of a loved one alone, which is why our team will support you by:
- Examining evidence: We will review any details provided in official accident reports and conduct an independent investigation as necessary. The evidence we compile may help us prove the cause of the fatal incident and who was responsible.
- Identifying the liable party: The trail of evidence should lead us to the negligent party. From there, we can determine whether the at-fault party or another individual or entity is liable for your damages.
- Totaling your damages: The evidence in your case will also help us estimate how much you can seek to recover from liable parties in your wrongful death case.
- Identifying the filing deadline: As soon as we verify the date of your loved one’s death, we will determine your filing deadline and prepare your case in time.
- Managing paperwork and communications: Our team will handle all correspondence between you and the other parties’ representatives. We will also complete your legal forms and submit them on your behalf.
- Advocating for your family’s recovery: Whether we negotiate a settlement or take your case to court, you can rest assured that a wrongful death lawyer from our team will fight for your best interests along the way.
We would be honored to provide your family with compassionate legal care during this time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Professional Assistance from a Marksville Wrongful Death Attorney Today
For further information, contact our team about hiring a Marksville wrongful death lawyer today. Our attorneys can investigate the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death and provide you with legal options for what to do next. If you decide to file a lawsuit, a lawyer from our team can file a wrongful death claim on your behalf and work to ensure you receive the best result possible.