It can take substantial time to heal whenever a person gets injured due to a dog bite.Not only will you have physical injuries, but the emotional suffering is real, too. Some people may become afraid of dogs after getting bit by one and have emotional scars for many years.
They could also have physical scarring from a dog bite injury. If you’ve been harmed due to a dog bite injury, you could seek compensation with the help of a Ledoux dog bite lawyer. Our personal injury team is ready to take on your case and secure justice for you.
LA CC Art. 2321 Affirms That the Dog Owner Would Be Responsible
According to LA CC Art. 2321, people have a right to file a claim if bitten by a dog. This law is pretty straightforward, putting the dog owner front and center when it comes to responsibility for injuries and damages. There are a couple exceptions noted in the law, however. These are as follows:
- If you provoke the dog, the owner is not liable for damages that occur as a result. So, you can’t taunt a dog, get bit, then file a lawsuit.
- The other issue concerns what the dog owner knew or didn’t know. A dog owner is responsible for knowing if their dog is capable of or likely to attack someone. In other words, if the dog had done something like that before, then they are responsible for restraining it.
Your dog bite lawyer can help you determine if you have a viable claim and what your damages would amount to.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Ledoux, call (337) 777-7777
Is an Attorney Necessary for Dog Bite Cases in Ledoux?
You do not need a lawyer to help with personal injury cases under Louisiana law. However, dog bite cases can be complicated. The last thing you will likely want to do is take on the insurance company alone.
Things Our Lawyers Can Do for You After a Dog Bite in Ledoux
Your dog bite lawyer can do the following for you:
- Assess your situation and determine whether you have a case
- Calculate the damages you could recover.
- Investigate your situation to see if the dog owner was responsible for the injuries
- Interview you and any other witnesses if necessary
- Navigate all the communications and negotiations with third parties.
- Take your case to court, if necessary
- Answer your questions and guide you through the process
- Protect your rights
- Help you file paperwork
You can focus on healing while your lawyer moves forward with the case. This allows you to relax as you heal from your injuries.
Ledoux Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me (337) 777-7777
What Damages Can You Seek in a Ledoux Dog Bite Case?
Dog bites result in injuries and other losses. Damages are the monetary losses and expenses that you’ll have due to the dog bite. Examples of economic damages include:
- Bills and expenses from the medical care
- Monetary losses from time away from work
- Financial losses from future income
- Loss of benefit
In addition to economic losses, there are non-economic damages, as well. These include compensation for the following:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of limb
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Click to contact our Ledoux Personal Injury Lawyers today
Injuries From a Ledoux Dog Bite That Could Result in Compensation for You
The injuries you incur due to a dog bite can range in severity. These will vary depending on how large the dog was, whether it attacked repeatedly and if you sustained other injuries aside from being bitten. Sometimes, a dog attack will cause you to fall and suffer additional harm.
As you can see, some people will have more injuries than others based on these factors. Some potential injuries you could sustain include:
- Bite injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Sprains due to being knocked over
- Potential broken bones
- Neck injury
- Facial or dental damage
Keep a record of medical visits and expenses to give to your dog bite lawyer serving Ledoux. Note any other injuries you have that are not listed above. You can also keep track of how long you are in pain, too.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What To Do if You Get Bit By a Dog in or Around Ledoux, Louisianaa
If a dog bites you, you might wonder what to do next. Some of the steps you can follow include:
- Write down all information about what occurred during the incident. If you were not doing anything to provoke the dog, mention how you were acting.
- If you are familiar with the dog and know that it has a history of aggression, be sure to make a note of that. Furthermore, if you know anyone else this dog bit, get the details. Ask the other victims if they would be willing to write an affidavit about the incident.
- Get yourself thoroughly checked out by a medical facility. Make sure you take care of your physical wounds and keep track of all your visits. You might be unaware of infection in a wound. Dog bites can be dangerous in regard to infection. See a medical professional for your physical health and your case.
- Take pictures of your injuries for evidence. Your lawyer needs proof of your losses to secure damages from the insurance company or the court. Photos of your physical suffering can support your claim.
- Talk to our dog bite lawyers about your case and legal options. You will want to know about what choices you could make in your fight for fair damages. Our team can inform you about what paths are available to you.
Talk To a Dog Bite Lawyer’s Team Taking Cases in Ledoux
Dog bites are relatively common, with millions occurring in the United States every year. The American Veterinary Medical Foundation reports approximately 800,000 people seek emergency room attention for dog bites annually. Some dog attacks can be fatal, as well.
Reach out to Laborde Earles Law Firm for more information. We will provide you with a free case evaluation. There is no obligation, and you can begin working with us on a contingency-fee basis. Call today!
Call or text (337) 777-7777 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form